Gase - on Trumaine Johnson & other topics (updated Jamal Adams no longer follows the Jets on social & removed the Jets on his bios media)

Reed83HOF

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Wasn't that because he was launching an online store where you can buy unaffiliated Tre White merch?  It was the exact same web portal as the Nathan Peterman store where I picked up this beauty.

https://nathan-peterman.myshopify.com/

https://tredaviouswhiteshop.com/

Yes I love my $400 body pillow with Tre’s image embroidered on to it. I sleep very soundly.

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Troubling trend: The Jets have a loudmouth for a defensive coordinator -- Gregg Williams -- and he choked on his words after tweaking Odell Beckham Jr. the other day in a contentious news conference. "Odell, who?" Williams asked, revealing a smug smile. Beckham exacted revenge, ripping the Jets for 161 yards on six catches. That included an 89-yard touchdown in which the Jets played a soft zone behind a four-man rush.

Williams actually did a decent job of confusing Baker Mayfield by mixing up his coverages, but he ended up with egg on his face because of the Beckham explosion. That's Williams in a nutshell: He's a smart defensive coach, but he can embarrass your franchise because of his mouth and reputation.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/80948/jets-doomed-by-bad-football-bad-qb-luck-and-it-will-get-worse

"I don't feel like thinking about it right this minute," Gase said of the New England matchup.

LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If I buy a ‘Nate Peterman 3’ shirt, do they throw in a ‘Nate Peterman 2’ shirt for free?

Fracking?  Yes.

Skullduggery?  No.

Don't get your hopes up man, If Peterman is involved anything "Thrown in" will get intercepted... 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

"I don't feel like thinking about it right this minute," Gase said of the New England matchup.

LOL

This should end well for the Jests, in so many multi-faceted ways. In other news, after shaving his scruff off, Gase returned to podium and dared the reporters to ask another question about all the screen plays to Bell...[EDIT: behind the line of scrimmage]

1D393F17-99A0-4BEA-8FB3-0EEA3613B82F.thumb.jpeg.d1843236eb03e8a7b57da6a4d47fa0ce.jpeg 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Gase doubling down on last week's presser.  The guy plays the locker room like a violin.  Hes plucking all the right strings at all the right times.  The man is a genius and KNOWS how to inspire his troops.  Its a pleasure to watch him work.  The Jets are going 14-2.

Too funny.

Perhaps he ought to be called "The Maestro."

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not when there’s a fresh case of smelling salts just showed up in the trainer’s office.

What are the risks?

Some medical professionals have raised concerns about the possible dangers of misusing smelling salts.

Some of the concerns are:

• Pushing beyond limits. If using smelling salts helps you feel very energized or focused, you might push yourself past safe limits or in ways you haven’t yet trained for.    This could increase your risk of injury getting fired from a second AFC team in two years.
  • Ignoring injuries. Smelling salts might help you feel better temporarily after an injury another failed screen pass behind the line of scrimmage.  You might find it easier to ignore the pain and keep going. But if you’re seriously injured ******, pushing on in this way could have serious consequences.
  • Exacerbating head or neck injuries. The inhalation reflex typically causes your head to jerk, which could worsen head and neck injuries, causing your eyes to bug out.

The concerns are especially centered around the use of smelling salts to address dizziness or side effects of concussion or head injury from failing badly as a head coach in contact sports.  Some athletes head coaches use smelling salts to get back in forget the game as fast as possible.   But it’s important to rest after a concussion another loss, with the Patriots coming up next week.

Doing too much too soon can not only delay healing getting roasted by the New York media and worsen your symptoms, but it can also put you at risk of further injury or another concussion firing.

WARNING

At the end of the day, ammonia is a toxic substance. It’s diluted in smelling salts, but using them too frequently or holding them too close to your nose can put you at risk for severe irritation of the nose and lungs or, in very rare cases, asphyxiation and death becoming a laughingstock and another failed offensive genius without Peyton Manning.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

19 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Gase sounds like a man who thought he was being given the keys to a porsche but then it turned into a yugo.

A frustrated man child!!

Its beautiful!!

My advice to Gase.... people don’t remember tough times, they remember how people reacted and handled them!

Epic fail Gase....a beautiful thing!!!

Does Gase need one the best QBs ever to do well and a HC to keep him focussed?  Is the pressure hard?  Is life unfair? Tannenbaum said we could win...he said I was the piece to pull it all together!?

Jets....suck, suck, suck!

And he thought Bell was a bad signing....look it the mirror child!!

Suck it Gase!

Gase is the anti-McDermott when it comes to building culture, family and team first mentality. He somehow seems to push every WRONG button possible as a leader. He is a guy more players probably want to punch in the mouth than run through a wall for.  He is NOT respected at all. You dont get respect by being a bully and an A-Hole, you may be feared but you aren't respected and fear only works so long even when the team is winning.

The Jets are going nowhere with this joker as head coach. I see this experiment being over very quickly...if he lasts as long as Bowles does i would be shocked. Its one thing to act the way he does when the team is winning, completely another when the team might legit be 0-7...after a week or two more of this players and coaches will get tired of it and there will be major issues brewing if there are not already...if you thought Miami was bad just wait a few more weeks...

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 1