Jump to content
Reed83HOF

Gase - on Trumaine Johnson & other topics (updated Jamal Adams no longer follows the Jets on social & removed the Jets on his bios media)

Recommended Posts

Gase doubling down on last week's presser.  The guy plays the locker room like a violin.  Hes plucking all the right strings at all the right times.  The man is a genius and KNOWS how to inspire his troops.  Its a pleasure to watch him work.  The Jets are going 14-2.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase sounds like a man who thought he was being given the keys to a porsche but then it turned into a yugo.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troubling trend: The Jets have a loudmouth for a defensive coordinator -- Gregg Williams -- and he choked on his words after tweaking Odell Beckham Jr. the other day in a contentious news conference. "Odell, who?" Williams asked, revealing a smug smile. Beckham exacted revenge, ripping the Jets for 161 yards on six catches. That included an 89-yard touchdown in which the Jets played a soft zone behind a four-man rush.

 

Williams actually did a decent job of confusing Baker Mayfield by mixing up his coverages, but he ended up with egg on his face because of the Beckham explosion. That's Williams in a nutshell: He's a smart defensive coach, but he can embarrass your franchise because of his mouth and reputation.

 

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/80948/jets-doomed-by-bad-football-bad-qb-luck-and-it-will-get-worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

 

"The thing is, as head coach, I can pretty much bench whoever I want!  Its pretty cool I guess. No more questions tonight, guys! Hey, Manish, no more crappy articles this week about how I'm a dick or whatever AND THAT'S AN ORDER!! Total head coach move there.  Later losers!!"

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Adam Gase just likes to watch franchises burn?

 

Image result for Adam Gase

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man is an offensive and mathematical genius ;)

 

Down 16-3 on 4th and 4 he goes for it with his 3rd string QB.

 

Kick the FG rocket doctor and its a 2 score game and your team might get some momentum.

 

He may be better than Wrex at destroying a franchise by calling his players out and benching them.

 

Their starting MLB is out with a hammy because Williams had him run 50yds trying to cover a TE that a safety should been on.

 

I see 0-8 in their future and a very short future for Gase.

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase won’t last more than 2 years in NY which is too bad. The guy gets so much credit for being an offensive genius simply because he brought Peyton Manning his coffee every morning.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Gase won’t last more than 2 years in NY which is too bad. The guy gets so much credit for being an offensive genius simply because he brought Peyton Manning his coffee every morning.

 

The good news for the Bills is that 2yrs will set them back 5 like Wrex did here.

 

Just look at the train wreck he left in Miami.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel conflicted about this.

 

Like being a Bills fan, this is great. Gase seems to have the charisma of a rabid dog.

 

I just feel badly for the players. Someone is going to have to waste their prime playing for a HC more concerned about winning a pissing contest than showing some actual humility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Reader said:

I feel conflicted about this.

 

Like being a Bills fan, this is great. Gase seems to have the charisma of a rabid dog.

 

I just feel badly for the players. Someone is going to have to waste their prime playing for a HC more concerned about winning a pissing contest than showing some actual humility.

Meh. Just cry about it enough and you'll get traded. It's all the rage right now. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Gase doubling down on last week's presser.  The guy plays the locker room like a violin.  Hes plucking all the right strings at all the right times.  The man is a genius and KNOWS how to inspire his troops.  Its a pleasure to watch him work.  The Jets are going 14-2.

 

 

Thanks, scottlaw!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He comes across like the Jets selected a pissed off fan from the crowd to give press conferences. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

 

The good news for the Bills is that 2yrs will set them back 5 like Wrex did here.

 

Just look at the train wreck he left in Miami.

Realistically rex didn't set us back 5 full years. We made the playoffs the first year after he left and we are looking damn good 3 years later

 

He just destroyed what we were building

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

How can you objectively suck at your job and be so smug about it?

It gets pretty easy after a while.  Not that a putz like you would understand.

  • Haha (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

How can you objectively suck at your job and be so smug about it?

Most people refer to that as Managerial material. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

How can you objectively suck at your job and be so smug about it?

He's fine the taco that only he can see and hear has been telling him he's doing a great job.

Image result for Adam Gase gif birds

  • Haha (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warcodered said:

He's fine the taco that only he can see and hear has been telling him he's doing a great job.

Image result for Adam Gase gif birds

The taco never gets old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The man is an offensive and mathematical genius ;)

 

Down 16-3 on 4th and 4 he goes for it with his 3rd string QB.

 

Kick the FG rocket doctor and its a 2 score game and your team might get some momentum.

 

 

Please...this is a ridiculous criticism.  The Jets had near zero chance to win kicking a FG there.  Just hand the ball to Bell on third and fourth down and they probably end up scoring a TD on that drive.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

 

Thanks, scottlaw!

I always thought Scott Law was a Fish fan.  And he quieted down now that they’re the worst team of the century.  Is he actually just a suck up to Adam Gase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase is sorely lacking as a leader of men.  How the Jets didn't know that or take it into account during the hiring process is amazing.

Edited by BillnutinHouston
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...