MNF Texans -Saints 7:10 pm

YoloinOhio

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Let Gruden burn in hell.

Its real hard to take Gruden seriously as a person when AB’s videographer revealed today that Gruden gave Brown permission to post an illegally recorded phone convo on YouTube hours prior to demanding his release. 

This is the kind of football I love...two flawed teams, duking it out for 60 minutes.   Effort.  Drama.  Fantastic finish!

The robotic excellence and fortune of the Pat's, and the apparent inevitability of another Super Bowl appearance lingers, though, to ruin my bliss.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow! What a finish! 

Desean Watson was almost too good. 

Watson takes over with 55 seconds left. In two plays (two!) he drives for a T.D., taking only 20 seconds. 

Then they miss the extra point but get another try due to a roughing the kicker. Make it. 30 seconds left. Game looks about over. 

Then Brees takes over and drives them into Fb range with 2 seconds left... unreal. 

Im not sure wtf Houston was doing on defense on that last drive, though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

I can't believe that there are people that DIDN'T love that game.  I mean, wow, what a fun and crazy finish...  :beer:

People complaining about the Saints being in a high scoring game.  I actually heard someone object to it being "too easy to score".

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Would Hauschka be able to make a kick from that range in that situation? If not, we shouldn't have extended him.

Historically, he is one of the best in NFL history from 50+.  Not sure if he still is, though.

27 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

LOL.  You were arguing that the 10 second run off was correct.

Man- that still irks me. The play before whistled dead at 47 seconds and then at 26 as they are snapping the ball they blow the whistle and run off 10 seconds?!? 

That rule has to be looked at. Heaven forbid they run up to spike at the 20 yard line down 2 points and it’s like 9 seconds on the clock when the booth review comes in. Let the offense get fully set then end the game on the review instead of letting them kick, as a worst case scenario. 

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Its real hard to take Gruden seriously as a person when AB’s videographer revealed today that Gruden gave Brown permission to post an illegally recorded phone convo on YouTube hours prior to demanding his release. 

Are we sure it was illegally recorded?

California requires both parties to consent to a recorded phone conversation. AB consented and it seems as though Gruden consented as well...

3 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

If the Texans defender hadn't touched Ginn down, wouldn't the clock have just run out? Or can you fall down and call timeout and it counts as giving yourself up?

You can give yourself up I believe but in the moment, a smart defender would force the offense to know the rule and execute 

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Are we sure it was illegally recorded?

California requires both parties to consent to a recorded phone conversation. AB consented and it seems as though Gruden consented as well...

He never got consent while recording.  He then posted it.  His “people” told him to take it down because it was illegally recorded without Gruden’s consent.  Then someone said, “let’s ask him for consent” thinking no way he’d say yes. 

He replied with “love it, absolutely love it!”