Kroft/TE Position

SCBills

It seems Kroft had a chance at playing this week before being scratched. 

Any chance he plays this Sunday?

I think Sweeney had a nice play down the field, but it would be nice to have a veteran solid big target out there for Allen. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think Sweeney had a nice play down the field, but it would be nice to have a veteran solid big target out there for Allen. 

Why not just let the healthy young guy be the big solid target?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He may be healthy but he has only had about 5 games in his entire career better than Sweeney had yesterday.   He is a veteran but he was signed for potential as well.

Hopefully he lives up to it.

48 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He may be healthy but he has only had about 5 games in his entire career better than Sweeney had yesterday.   He is a veteran but he was signed for potential as well.

Hopefully he lives up to it.

We did sign him before we drafted either of the kids.  Based on the pay i assume he was brought in to start - but after drafting and liking both knox and sweeney he may not stick beyond a year.  We did a good job in FA filling a ton of holes so we could add players we liked at whatever position in the draft.  2 TE's plus signing Smith post draft... leads me to believe that kroft is not likely expected to stick.  

Cap hit is only 1.6 mil if we released him next year (assuming healthy).  We would have to cut him like right when the year started though because of base salary and roster bonus guarantee's that trigger on 3/22/2020.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

It's a possibility as long as a feather doesn't hit him on a windy day.

I'm not trying to mess with the time/space continuum or anything like that, but is there something you know that you're not telling us?   :lol:

• Like (+1) 1