Oliver is gonna be damn good - earned PFFs highest rated Bill in Wk1

Reed83HOF

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now I'm confused.  Do we love PFF because they rated Oliver high, or hate PFF because they dissed the h*** out of Allen?

PFF is a love/hate relationship.

13 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Come on haters. This thread is serving the best kind of delicious crow! What fan doesn't love being wrong when a guy turns out well. 

Someone thought Oliver?

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, elroy16 said:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/09/buffalo-bills-skurski-ed-oliver-nfl-new-york-jets/

“Nine times out of 10, the guy who gets the push is not going to be the guy who gets the sack, so I just tried to help my team execute and help myself execute,” Oliver said in the victorious locker room. “Just play to the best of my ability. If I get sack, cool, if I don't and my guys around me get a sack — as long as a linebacker or a DB or something don't get the sack, we good.”

Great attitude from the rookie too. 

It was refreshing to see the line as a whole play really well. They were stuffing run lanes, batting passes, collapsing the pocket, and rarely let Darnold have time to sit comfortably in the pocket. 

What is wrong with LB or DB getting the sack?   Often their coverage is what gets you the sack.

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And McDermott and Frazier used Murphy and Shaq right. Shaq was out there plenty on early downs, Murphy was in their rush package. 

Agreed, but I'd also say that Shaq seems to have a little bounce in his step. Looks a tad lighter. Murphy still bothers me when he completely takes himself out of a play, but he brings some heat when healthy. I feel quite a bit better about the position as a whole than I did going into the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He had a good game, yes. I've already confessed my poor prior opinion on him.

Game 1 rookie debut: About as good as anyone could dream. 

He will draw double teams now and that will be interesting, but he made a lot of people better this week. 

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I’m in the same boat with you. I thought he would be too small for DT in this league. It’s only 1 game, but I’m liking what I saw. Ive never been so happy to be wrong (so far). 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I did tell you.... he should have gone no later than 2nd overall in the draft. That he refused to take off a jacket and slid to #9 for the Bills was an absolute joke that the rest of the NFL will regret. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I did tell you.... he should have gone no later than 2nd overall in the draft. That he refused to take off a jacket and slid to #9 for the Bills was an absolute joke that the rest of the NFL will regret. 

Makes me wish the Pats kept Bodine around after what I just watched