Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

I’ll say it again EXCLUSIVELY   trying to attack a suspect Jets secondary with Allen who isn’t that kind of QB (yet) was an asinine game plan.  Out of necessity they insert Singletary and change things up .... shocking what difference when you don’t ask JA to do it all!

Defense with a solid effort. Onward!

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 2

I liked allen.  Hit the quick hits.  Donked the ball off to avoid the sack a few times.  Stepped up in the pocket a few times sensing the rush.  Most importantly, showed guts in the 2nd half.

Didnt like.  The sidearm throws that get batted.  He opened himself up for too much contact on some runs, especially early

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

And the reality is that all of his turnovers were good defensive plays and not bad decisions by him. Yes one was called back but in counting the ones on the Stat sheet. 

Two batted that were tip drill catches, one missed catch that deflected to the defender and another that never even touched his hands (snap from Morse). 

The first fumble was bad decision by him. When an LB is bearing down on you in the backfield the correct response is not to try and stiff arm him.

He was also fortunate that two bad decisions he made didn’t result in INTs.

That said, I love the kid’s resiliency. The game isn’t too big for him with the game on the line. That’s an important trait.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Great win by a VERY good Bills team. Most important thing, the Offense, Defense and Special Teams all were clutch when it mattered.  That is what championships teams do. Road wins are about one thing. Winning.  Complain all you want about ugly home wins, but any road win in the NFL is big.

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ksm27 said:

Call me out if I’m sounding like too much of a homer, but the first Jets TD was clearly flukey, and the borderline safety call (would have been upheld if not called) led to 10 points.  The better team won. 

I felt the same way. I'm not even sure about the overturned pick, part of me thinks Allen saw the penalty and threw it up for grabs. He does that all the time. I thought Allen outplayed Darnold by a pretty wide margin.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am sure Kets fans will say their kicker cost them the game, but I don’t care what they say, Buffalo deserved this win!

In my opinion, the Bills were the better team the majority of the game, on offense and defense. They were just beating themselves with the big mistakes. 

Jets should have cruised to an easy victory with 4+ turnovers, a pick 6 + a safety.

Odds of winning are something crazy, like 97% with that many turnovers. Yet they never really ran away with this game. Maybe for a minute there in the 3rd quarter they were, but the Bills really turned the momentum and took over again. 

Plenty of stuff to work on for Buffalo, but IMO there’s lots to be excited about. Josh Allen looked pretty good I thought. Encouraging to see him calling out defensive protections and checking into/out of plays at the line. He was also going through his progressions, another good sign. He looked in command of this offense. 
He started to play “hero ball” a bit in the 3rd. He was trying to get it all back with 1 play. But someone settled him down and got him back to playing within the offense and taking what was given. 

It’s going to take some time for the offense to gel. We are the only team in the NFL with 4 new starters on the o-line. Our top 2 WR’s are new. All 3 RBs are new. 3 new TE’s. A center that was snapping the ball to Allen for the 1st time in a live game today. All things considered the offense did pretty good. They moved the ball well most of the day. 

I am Very proud of the way they fought till the end. That was NOT the “Same Old Bills”. The same old Bills would have crumbled with all the things that didn’t go their way (and a LOT went against them today). But they didn’t panic, kept fighting and pulled out the win. 

Encouraging start to the season! A number of the young guys looked pretty good.  

Big division win, too. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My dad, a Steelers fan, said that Bell would gash us today. I told him under 65 rushing, and under 100 scrimmage. He had 60 rushing, and 92 total. 

Bills have a very good run defense. Bell is going to really hurt some of the other teams this season.

Edited by vincec