Survivor league picks

Doc

20 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I'm riding Miami all year unless they play the Raiders. Then I'll consider it.

Edit: Meaning I'm taking the Ravens this week.

I thought about the Ravens, but I don't trust Lamar Jackson and their offense.  But otherwise, anyone playing Miami and Arizona should be a good bet (though I don't trust Detroit, either).  Redskins are going to suck this year, too; pretty much any team playing them has a good shot at a win.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

20 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Seahawks. For those taking Ravens, beware of Fitz's hot starts and it's in Miami (92 with 95% humidity).

My son warned me of Fitz starting hot.  But he's got little to work with in Miami.

16 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought about the Ravens, but I don't trust Lamar Jackson and their offense.  But otherwise, anyone playing Miami and Arizona should be a good bet (though I don't trust Detroit, either).  Redskins are going to suck this year, too; pretty much any team playing them has a good shot at a win.

Stafford might not be great, but he's too good to lose every game like the other two.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

My son warned me of Fitz starting hot.  But he's got little to work with in Miami.

Correct. They are going to struggle to win 4 games. 

Also, not a huge fan of Jackson so that would be strike 2 against the Ravens.

Although as bad as Fish are I wouldn't be surprised with a 27-6 loss. I just think Seattle is safer for week 1.

I wouldn't Arizona until I've seen Murray play.  I think he'll struggle but I don't want to find out the hard way if he doesn't.

Just now, qwksilver said:

Correct. They are going to struggle to win 4 games. 

Also, not a huge fan of Jackson so that would be strike 2 against the Ravens.

Although as bad as Fish are I wouldn't be surprised with a 27-6 loss. I just think Seattle is safer for week 1.

The Ravens' defense and running game will carry that team to a win.

1 minute ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Stafford might not be great, but he's too good to lose every game like the other two.

I meant this week vs Arizona.  I agree with you that Detroit won't be that bad this year; Stafford is too up and down to go for/against Detroit on a weekly basis.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

No argument here. I just think there's a slight chance Fitzy could go off. SLIGHT.

There's always a chance.  I just don't see the OL and skill positions being nearly as good as those he's played with in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

I worry about Fitz saving his best for opening day.  Seattle is a mortal lock.

I thought about that but Mia is Just so bad. If they couldn’t stop Allen from running all over them what is Lamar going to do (have him starting in some of my DFS slots too) 

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I thought about that but Mia is Just so bad. If they couldn’t stop Allen from running all over them what is Lamar going to do (have him starting in some of my DFS slots too) 

Yeah but maybe Flores helps there?  I just don't see a more sure bet than Seattle.  The Bengals are terrible, wounded and on the road.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:48 PM, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I'm riding Miami all year unless they play the Raiders. Then I'll consider it.

I went with Miami to win this week. I think they’re going to be surprisingly mediocre instead of the tire fire people think and I don’t buy the Ravens at all.

Easy week one pick.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

So no one agrees with me that Seattle is the safest pick, or are you saving them for later?  I just don't see the Bengals having a chance, especially with Glenn out.

I think Seattle is a safe pick but I want to hold Seattle for later in the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I think Seattle is a safe pick but I want to hold Seattle for later in the season. 

I can see that.  But I'd rather take them and see how the rest of the teams look this week.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I can see that.  But I'd rather take them and see how the rest of the teams look this week.

I also think Dallas is another safe pick. But staying away from Division Rivals week 1 because you just never know. 

So reason I went with Ravens. Fits with zero OL = sputtering Offense. 

And that Defense is worse than last year and Josh Allen ran wild on them no way the limit Lamar 

Edited by MAJBobby