Practice Squad Signings Thread

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a tad surprise Williams cleared waivers. It just goes to show how valuable the league thinks a slow (comparatively for NFL WR) big guy on the outside is. 

Yep. It’s all about separation at this level, especially between the twenties. But I think Williams can be an asset in the red zone as we’ve seen a little bit of this preseason.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a tad surprise Williams cleared waivers. It just goes to show how valuable the league thinks a slow (comparatively for NFL WR) big guy on the outside is. 

I think most teams place a priority on a WR that already knows their offense.  I thought maybe some team that competed with the Bills to sign him out of the CFL might take their chance now but am glad he is still with the Bills.  WRs and DBs seem like the most injured position group on this team.  I think he will get an NFL game check at some point.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It goes beyond the issue of speed. You can be a valued receiver even if you are slow if you can consistently get open. Making a few plays by outsizing your coverage is not a good enough attribute to overcome your other disqualifying attributes. Williams was an interesting prospect. The end result was due to the fact that he wasn't good enough from an all around standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

good move for them . he's starter quality imo and probably would have made the 53 if we didn't have the talent we do.

well i at least believe we would have kept him.

Did they get the right Lewis?  I read that the Bills seemed to like Cam a lot more than Ryan.  Still hoping that Cam Lewis joins the Bills' PS. 

57 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WTF?...is McBeane STILL at Applebees for brunch?...where is the BIC???..........

Need a Bojangles in Orchard Park...its faster...Rumor has it that its Beane's favorite

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Love that the Duke is back. 

Now curious if they put Wade on the 10 or exempt 11

Since Shady was cut loose, my suspicion is the Bills use one of their regular 10 slots for Wade.  Three is not a huge number of RBs to try and make it through the season.

If Tyree Jackson is not returning as the PS QB, here's a list of eligible players to choose from:

Drew Anderson - Rookie - Murray State

Vincent Testaverde - Rookie - Albany

Nick Fitzgerald - Rookie - Mississippi State Signed by Buccaneers 

Logan Woodside - Toledo - signed by Titans

Jalan McClendon - Rookie - Baylor

Danny Etling - LSU Signed by Falcons

Joe Callahan - Wesley

Taylor Heinicke - Old Dominion

Brett Rypein - Boise State Signed by Broncos

Luis Perez - Texas A&M Commerce

Jordan Ta'amu - Rookie - Ole Miss

Phillip Walker - Temple Signed by Colts

Alex McGough - Florida Intl Signed by Texans

Chase Litton - Marshall

Kyle Shurmur - Vanderbilt

Brandon Allen - Arkansas

John Wolford - Wake Forest Signed by Rams

Jake Browning - Rookie - Washington Signed by Vikings

Kyle Sloter - Northern Colorado Signed by Cardinals

Kyle Lauletta - Richmond Signed by Eagles

Davis Webb - Cal

Clayton Thorston - Rookie - Northwestern Signed by Cowboys

Devlin Hodges - Rookie - Samford

Wilton Spaight - Rookie - UCLA

Will update this list as players are signed

Edited by WVUFootball29
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. It’s all about separation at this level, especially between the twenties. But I think Williams can be an asset in the red zone as we’ve seen a little bit of this preseason.

He can. And he can block. 15 years ago he walks onto an NFL roster. But speed so so essential now and I can only presume that is why he is not. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The league has definitely been moving away from that type of player. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I consider him a smallish TE

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...ates-more.html

WR Duke Williams
QB Tyree Jackson
LB Michael Gehlkin (Cowboys)

The article states that Tyree Jackson will NOT be signed to the Bills practice squad.  Michael Gehlkin is the reporter covering Dallas, who states the Bills signed Nate Hall.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It goes beyond the issue of speed. You can be a valued receiver even if you are slow if you can consistently get open. Making a few plays by outsizing your coverage is not a good enough attribute to overcome your other disqualifying attributes. Williams was an interesting prospect. The end result was due to the fact that he wasn't good enough from an all around standpoint. 

Yep. That is basically where I am with him too. He was close but he was ultimately the 7th best option for this team that kept 6. His run blocking really stood out and fair play to him because he was the only of the guys battling for a spot on this roster at the bottom end of the receiver group that showed another string to his bow. 

• Like (+1) 2