Lesean McCoy cut!

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mark me down as unconvinced. Last night the Bills were obviously focusing on the running game but with the exception of a couple plays the holes really weren’t there...especially up the middle. We may have two accomplished backs but geez the O Line could really use a Center!

Just remember- everything is very vanilla.

6 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Yes, he looked good.  An improvement over last season's play.  BUT, I couldn't shake the feeling that the BILLS may be "showcasing" him for a trade?

Given the Bills win now situation and McD's love of veteran players I don't see a trade happening before the season starts. Now let's say the Bills start 2-4 and Shady is playing well I could see them trading him. 

But I think this team is most likely going to be run first. Heavy with Gore on 1st and 3rd and short and then feed Shady on 2nd and 3rd and long. Singletary will be used as needed and for depth. 

I also don't see where the trade market for Shady would be either. 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would rather keep him too compared to what we would probably get in a trade. But I will throw what is maybe an unpopular opinion out there - I think Singletary is going to have a couple breakout performances and get a ton of attention. McCoy will not be able to handle that (think AB/JuJu), and will demand a trade by the deadline. The Bills might do it just to avoid drama. 

If he pulls that crap cut him outright. With Gore and Singletary, he’s no longer a necessity, lest of course he can play like he did with the Eagles(highly unlikely).

23 hours ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

He looked like his old self last night. He had some great runs, 2 of them came back because of penalties but not his fault. I still think he is the best running back on the team. Embrace the moments between him and Gore because we got 2 Hall of Fame running backs in the same backfield and that never happens.

Great enough to trade for Clowney?

23 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, Shady did look himself, running into the line for no gain or loss of one.  Granted he had less than ten total attempts so hard to gauge, he had two decent runs but the rest were for losses for the most part.

I think it could come down to who they feel gives them more total overall value, him or Yeldon and keep one of them, plus Gore and the rookie.  Maybe MoCoy gets the nod for locker room presence.

Look at the play by play.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401126627

You get a zero on your report card.

48 minutes ago, hemma said:

Look at the play by play.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401126627

You get a zero on your report card.

OK I did,

I saw gains of 2, 2, 3, 13, 4 The box score says he had six rushes for 37 yards so must have missed one someplace that was close to 15 yards.  Yes he does break off nice runs, but the 2, 2, ,3 and 4 is becoming more of his standard lately.  And often there are some minus 2 or 3's in there too.

So fro ma report card standard I wouldn't call 2's and 3's good on a report card either.

Think about it. Shady has been a top RB for a while, but his days are numbered. While that deadline approaches, he must want to enjoy his last days as a major contributor.

Last year Shady couldn't do anything behind that awful OL and he NEVER complained even once. Instead, he proffessed his dedication to the team and his love of the fans, the city and his coaches and teamates. Beane told him that if he could just hang on and he'd get help.

Nothing would please me more than to see Shady rewarded for all that as well as his leadership and work ethic by having a really good year and getting a good contract wherever he goes in 2020.

And no. I wasn't happy about the release of Fred either. I think moves like that hurt a team because FA's see it and that disloyal as do the fans.

Edited by GreggTX

Do Bills lean on McCoy or Gore? It's a 'unique situation'

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/33471/do-bills-lean-on-mccoy-or-gore-its-a-unique-situation

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, never in NFL history have two players with at least 10,000 rushing yards each played in a game for the same team.

If LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore suit up against the New York Jets in Week 1, the Bills will be the first.

• Thank you (+1) 2