Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Well everybody acted like Sills V was 1st player to be cut...and if not then at least 1st WR to go. Still around boys, still around?

I haven't seen anyone say he would be the first WR cut

And they have a decent amount of cuts left and the guys they want on PS won't be cut till tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I haven't seen anyone say he would be the first WR cut

And they have a decent amount of cuts left and the guys they want on PS won't be cut till tomorrow

Hyperbolic proclamations rule the day. If you say it loudly and outlandishly enough you have more street cred.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBob said:

My hatred for the loss of the braves will always be with John Y. Brown.  He's the one who shed the Braves of all of their great players so that he could  trade franchises with the owners of the Celtics, so that they could take the Braves to San Diego and he could own the Celtics.  Just a few short seasons later, that apparently got old and he sold the Celtics.

sure didn't help that the owner didn't give a crap about basketball or winning only how much profit he could make....  same POS that owns the Hyatt in downtown buffalo now. still a cheap prick bastard. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Well everybody acted like Sills V was 1st player to be cut...and if not then at least 1st WR to go. Still around boys, still around?

No never the first, and if he does not get cut I will be VERY happy... just thought he'd be the odd man out but happy to see him in so far!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo could never had supported an NBA franchise, plus the Sabres and Bills, long term. Not enough revenue in Buffalo for three major franchises.

bull####.  Buffalo supported the Braves just fine, until John Y Brown started selling off the team by the pound.

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Moses Malone never played for them. He was their property for something like a day.

Wrong, I thought the same, but looked it up.  He did play 2 games for the Braves.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, it looks like Hell on Earth! My 85 y/o parents live in Winter Haven and are heading out tomorrow to my sisters’ concrete block home in Crystal River. Folks have already lost 2 homes since retiring and moving to Florida. He’s fed up, wants to sell and move back to WNY. That’s not how this retirement thing is supposed to work..

I lived in Orlando in 2004 when we caught 4 monsters in a matter of weeks. To be completely honest, it was an invigorating experience. The week without power after Charley, in that heat/humidity, was brutal. But overall, it was an indelible time in my life.

Of course, I hope everyone stays safe. 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How do we know this?

We had no, NO effective run blocking last year.  Only way we ran was 1) Ivory ploughing his way 3 yds up the middle 2) heavy set with 2 TEs and/or fullback

You're gonna eat those words, because every time we heard about a Cheats OL going down, somehow we still couldn't touch Brady.  Bodine becomes a Pro Bowler in NE.  :devil:

3 hours ago, mrags said:

They didn’t. But they did trade Brett Bodine. 

I thought it was Todd Bodine.

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You're gonna eat those words, because every time we heard about a Cheats OL going down, somehow we still couldn't touch Brady.  Bodine becomes a Pro Bowler in NE.  :devil:

What words?  That we had no run blocking last year?  That ship has sailed.

The all-pro on NE OL is Dante Scarnecchia.  Quiz: when is the last time a NE OLman was pro-bowl or all-pro?  

• Like (+1) 1

Cincinnati is down to two running backs with Rodney Anderson having torn his ACL.  I wonder if Beane can persuade them to part with a late round pick for Yeldin or Murphy., whichever one Buffalo decides not to keep.

19 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I lived in Orlando in 2004 when we caught 4 monsters in a matter of weeks. To be completely honest, it was an invigorating experience. The week without power after Charley, in that heat/humidity, was brutal. But overall, it was an indelible time in my life.

Of course, I hope everyone stays safe. 

Charley wiped out my parents 1st FL home in Punta Gorda. Devastating.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand, but I woulda thought the same about Bodine and Teller.

Still, fair point that RB & center are different supply & demand

Murphy isn’t an NFL player. He looks fine in preseason but against other pros he disappears. Bodine and Teller are or have the capacity to be at least below average borderline guys. Murphy is just a preseason all-star unfortunately.