Wyatt Teller traded to Browns

aristocrat

6 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Pretty cool that instead of just cutting guys, we get draft picks for them.

Remember when we used to be the desperate team on the other end of this deal? The team willing to pay for the scraps from more talented teams? Looking to fill holes with guys who couldn’t cut it elsewhere? 

(Not that the Browns are devoid of talent, but they have some holes. We used to be mostly holes it seemed!) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Looks like Mom had some inside info... (gives credence to the craziness coming from Zay's family perhaps?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe her text implies she doesn't have inside info at all.  How do I deduce this?  "I may not have all the facts"...

32 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I literally just said this to a co-worker... 2 picks for a guy that was going to get cut, or at best be lowest on the depth chart? I'll take it.

Reminds me of the time he got a pick for Newhouse. I don't know how the hell Beane pulls this crap off.

I told you last year buddy, he's a damn Sith Lord or a Jedi!

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who's Zed?

Zed's dead

We're probably going to wind up with a 20-page thread about the trade of a 2nd year 5th round LG who never really made a dent in the NFL as a Buffalo Bill.

You gotta love Bills fans.

As soon as Bates came in without any practice and looked competent at C -- with versatility to play all positions on the line -- all of the also-rans on Buffalo's roster should have been worried.

This trade also signals to me that they aren't worried about Spain being ready for the opener.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

We're probably going to wind up with a 20-page thread about the trade of a 2nd year 5th round LG who never really made a dent in the NFL as a Buffalo Bill.

As soon as Bates came in without any practice and looked competent at C -- with versatility to play all positions on the line -- all of the also-rans on Buffalo's roster should have been worried.

This trade also signals to me that they aren't worried about Spain being ready for the opener.

Great post, and I think you're exactly right on both of your last points. Bates made this trade possible and offers versatility that Teller did not. Spain will be ready for the opener.

Oh, and one more thing: the way that Beane is able to recoup draft picks for players that weren't in the Bills' future plans anyway has been masterful thus far in his tenure as GM. Another feather in his cap, this.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Based on what they got in return, I don’t think you could classify him as an “also ran.”

I think this mean shows where we are headed with the OL. Ford is the RG and Nsekhe is the RT. Nsekhe gets hurt, Ford bumps out to RT.

Dawkins gets hurt, Nsekhe to LT, Ford to RT. The real question is who is the first guard, Feliciano or Long off the bench

• Like (+1) 2