Wyatt Teller traded to Browns

aristocrat

40 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I am generally okay with the trade, but I do have in the back of my mind an inkling that we may live to regret it... That being said, I trust Beane so far with trades. 

I agree. Teller is at least a solid player; if he becomes a stalwart, then this maybe looks like a bad trade, but today it's fair enough. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

So, essentially we gave up a 5th and a 7th in return for a 5th and a 6th.  That's the most Billsian Brownsian trade ever.

Most importantly they upgraded at LG, or. at least they have determined that they have. And gained two draft picks. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

So, essentially we gave up a 5th and a 7th in return for a 5th and a 6th.  That's the most Billsian Brownsian trade ever.

That's not what just happened.   In the scenario above you need to add they let us draft their 5th round pick and decide if we want him or not for a year.   Pretty significant difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

Finding OL that can play in this league is not an easy task, that's why I initially don't like this trade.

For a 5th rounder I thought Teller was developing nicely, but what do I know.

I agree they’re hard to find, which is why Teller made the squad as a rookie. It’s a good sign that he couldn’t make the team this year. There are three or four guards that are simply better than him.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We got a couple years of cheap depth, even some starts. That has value. We determined that we had some other guys who would make the team ahead of him, so instead of waiting to cutdown and getting nothing, we found a willing partner and got a 5th and 6th which will go in the bucket of trade ammo for next year. We gave up a 7th the following year, which some will say is like one round less.....so like UDFA, but still a pick and owning his rights.. 

I liked Teller more than most. If they think we have better guys, I’ll trust them Time will tell. 

40 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree they’re hard to find, which is why Teller made the squad as a rookie. It’s a good sign that he couldn’t make the team this year. There are three or four guards that are simply better than him.

I really question this simply because he graded as the Bills best linemen in the last half of the 2018 season. He had the fewest penalties (5) and didn't allow a sack! Only allowed 8 pressures on 476 snaps. I really liked the kids tenacity and toughness. Granted that line stunk... he had a better grade then Dion Dawkins. 

Perhaps others were probably more versatile at this point to let him go. The Browns are looking to start him at right guard. We"ll see at the end of the season as I hope Beane didn't get some bad advice from his offensive coaches. 

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good thing the Browns did this trade. The guy who was playing RG (poorly) for them just hurt his knee 

That was Drew Forbes, a 6th round rookie and 2nd or 3rd string RG. He isn't the starter.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

That's not what just happened.   In the scenario above you need to add they let us draft their 5th round pick and decide if we want him or not for a year.   Pretty significant difference. 

That's true.  I apologize.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Except you got picks for a player you were going to cut.  So not really.

You prefee cutting with no comp?