Bills Security Blanket at Back Up QB Position !!

T master

I think the Bills are set at the back up QB position & i wouldn't be afraid to have Barkley at the helm if heaven forbid something should happen to Josh that he had to be out part or all of a season due to injury which is a really good thing for the Bills because there hasn't been this good of a back up QB on the roster in quite a while .

There are teams that are in as good of situation as the Bills are when it comes to this position on their teams but then there are others that are not such as the Colts now. I was wondering what Bills mafia would think if Frank comes knocking on Beanes door & wants to give up a draft pick to get Barkley because he has been playing so well .

Would you have Beane pull the trigger on something like that ? And if so what would they have to give in return to get him ? 

I have read articles that the Colts are looking around for other QB's & i'm not sure if that is because Frank isn't completely settled on Brisset as his Mr. Right now or if he isn't comfortable with what he has as his back up Chad Kelly due to his immaturity  seeing as he has been suspended 2 games again this season & given his past !

Either way if he was to go fishing around Buffalo due to his relationship with the franchise would you all be willing to give up that security blanket of having Barkley & if not how much would it cost them to pry him away from the team ? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, T master said:

I think the Bills are set at the back up QB position & i wouldn't be afraid to have Barkley at the helm if heaven forbid something should happen to Josh that he had to be out part or all of a season due to injury which is a really good thing for the Bills because there hasn't been this good of a back up QB on the roster in quite a while .

There are teams that are in as good of situation as the Bills are when it comes to this position on their teams but then there are others that are not such as the Colts now. I was wondering what Bills mafia would think if Frank comes knocking on Beanes door & wants to give up a draft pick to get Barkley because he has been playing so well .

Would you have Beane pull the trigger on something like that ? And if so what would they have to give in return to get him ? 

I have read articles that the Colts are looking around for other QB's & i'm not sure if that is because Frank isn't completely settled on Brisset as his Mr. Right now or if he isn't comfortable with what he has as his back up Chad Kelly due to his immaturity  seeing as he has been suspended 2 games again this season & given his past !

Either way if he was to go fishing around Buffalo due to his relationship with the franchise would you all be willing to give up that security blanket of having Barkley & if not how much would it cost them to pry him away from the team ? 

You realize Barkley is playing well in preseason against 2nd and 3rd stringers, right? Not regular season against starters with a game plan. He looks good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I think the reasons we moved mccarron were 

A - He was outplayed by peterman, and allen was probably a bit ahead of where they thought he would be

B - The offer was good

C - He's kinda... not good.

Now Peterman was a disaster and it forced Allen in - and we were forced to make all sorts of weird moves to eventually move on from Peterman mid-season.  Absolute botch job there... But i honestly don't think we would have won more games with McCarron starting.

I can't make the same call with Barkley.  He won his only game here last year, has been a professional, and has owned his role without taking 1st team reps.  It's kind of everything you want in a backup.  

• Like (+1) 2

I doubt that the Colts would even contact the Bills about Barkley.  They have to know he's not for sale.  If they are shopping, and I'm not sure they are, there are other places they might go to try and pry a halfway decent backup QB loose.    For the Bills part, Barkley is far more valuable to them than the price they are paying for his services.  I can't even imagine what they would think is fair compensation.

Are we forgetting about the role Barkley is playing in Josh's development? That would be a stupid move that I know Beane wouldn't make.

We have a GREAT situation right now. Why roll the dice on taking a lesser backup who can't teach Josh ish or maybe even be a cancer...and what? A draft pick? Josh's development is the whole key to the success of this franchise right now. You don't play around with that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Are we forgetting about the role Barkley is playing in Josh's development? That would be a stupid move that I know Beane wouldn't make.

We have a GREAT situation right now. Why roll the dice on taking a lesser backup who can't teach Josh ish or maybe even be a cancer...and what? A draft pick? Josh's development is the whole key to the success of this franchise right now. You don't play around with that.

Great?

Not a bad topic but a draft pick does nothing to help this team this year. If Barkley never takes a snap all year it means Allen is healthy and playing well. I'm fine with that. If Barkley has to play he looks competent but who really knows. If Allen gets hurt and misses a game or two but shows us he is the franchise QB in the games he plays, and Barkley plays well in relief,  maybe trade him for ab asset in the off-season.

But at this point Barkley in almost every scenario is more valuable on the Bills roster than anything they would get in return.

55 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The Colts had 4 good QBs a week ago, and one of them was getting cut. Now they keep all 3. The only QB they would want right now would be a guy like Eli. 

The Colts had just 1 good QB a week ago...

40 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

That's a big no for me. As a matter of fact if I were beans, Barkley would be signed long term and I'd make him the highest paid back up.

He's signed through 2020 currently.  If everything goes well with Allen, I'd probably extend him beyond next season.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Not a bad topic but a draft pick does nothing to help this team this year. If Barkley never takes a snap all year it means Allen is healthy and playing well. I'm fine with that. If Barkley has to play he looks competent but who really knows. If Allen gets hurt and misses a game or two but shows us he is the franchise QB in the games he plays, and Barkley plays well in relief,  maybe trade him for ab asset in the off-season.

But at this point Barkley in almost every scenario is more valuable on the Bills roster than anything they would get in return.

I'm not messing around with QB.  Allen's gotta be the guy... but Peterman and derek anderson started games for this team last year and were both absolutely stinking awful.  That's the state of backup QBs around the league.  You find a guy you can trust, keep him.

• Like (+1) 2