Cant stand Aaron Rodgers.

5 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Meh.... men age like fine wine, most women age like ice cream left out over night... hes jumping around to a different pint of ice cream before the last one gets too warm.  

There’s no need to drag Jimmy Garoppolo’s homecoming weekend date into this.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, buffalostu2 said:

I heard he has a photographic memory so he is superior to me which I attest to excessive tailgating and am waiting for the NFL lawsuit.

You’ll end up like the fan who sued over the Bills texting his cell phone.  “My lawyer got 150,000 clams.  I got a Bills hoodie”.  ?

42 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The word I would use to describe him is "temperamental." When his head is in the game, he can barely be stopped by physical means. But when he is on one of his melancholy self-pitying kicks that wind up with a position coach or 2 fired, he just doesn't care and it shows. He's entitled to his opinion concerning the Luck incident of course, but I agree he came off not looking good in that moment.  

Just depends on what kind of pills they slip him at halftime.

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And they owe him no respect for his career choices.

That’s true. Fans don’t owe players a damned thing. It’s a choice.

Personally, I would have chosen to express gratitude for the success he brought my favorite team, especially his first three years, before injuries impacted his performance and availability. No, he didn’t get them to the promised land,  but he got them to the dance every year while paying a high physical price in doing so. 

19 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Anyone ripping on Luck for retiring isn't a fan at all and can just go get... yeah. Some people just don't care, they don't care to consider what these guys go through and what they're going to have to deal with in the future. Some people think, "Oh, well they get paid millions for it, so big deal, who cares?" and it's like they demand blood or something. Yeah, they get paid very well but I rarely ever see anyone griping about the billions made by owners who don't have to sacrifice their health to gain it. Money aside, they're still human beings and I commend the guy for making such a difficult decision. There's a strong likelihood that we don't know the whole story. Who knows, he could've been told that he'll never get back to 100% physically, or that he developed a condition that would interfere with his ability to play on a consistent basis. 

Rodgers on the other hand... great QB, weird dude.

I think a lot of NFL fans feel for players who end up disabled because of the choice they make to play the game, unless said fans are complete sociopaths .  The bottom line remains it is a choice.  I feel a lot worse for miners, soldiers, and fisherman who do dangerous jobs that come with a lot less pay.   That said, what the Colts fans did the other day was inane.

Additionally, give the owners thing a break.  Its an incredibly tired argument that stems more from class jealousy than anything else.  We all have bosses who come from better financial standing than we do.  In many cases, those bosses sacrifice less of their life and health for the good of the company.    Society really needs to start moving away from this lack of consequences thing we have going on.   Does it suck when an alcoholic's liver and kidneys go bad, yes.  But, no one is forcing alcohol down their throat. They are adults who made a bad choice which has negative consequences.  In the same vein football players are not victims.  The facts about the dangers of the game are out there.    They can no longer claim ignorance.  

Agreed, Rodgers is a weird guy.

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agreed, Rodgers is a weird guy.

IDK.   I suspect most fans are used to pro athletes being lugheads like Gronk or lunch pail guys like J.J. Watt.

That's why they relate to them, rather than intelligent, multifaceted guys like Rogers and Luck... 

• Thank you (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

IDK.   I suspect most fans are used to pro athletes being lugheads like Gronk or lunch pail guys like J.J. Watt.

That's why they relate to them, rather than intelligent, multifaceted guys like Rogers and Luck... 

Exactly this.

I'm not quite sure why Bills fans care that much about Aaron Rodgers. He's a super talented QB in the NFC. Don't try to claim you wouldn't love to have him as QB for the Bills, especially pre Josh Allen.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He always comes off as superior than you and he just tolerates us lowly peasants. When he said he was disgusted by fan reaction of Luck retiring  i was disgusted with him. Trust me Aaron you or anybody else would get booed off the field if you screwed  your team over 2 weeks before the season. This isnt the only incident of Rodgers coming off as a dick but just another in a long string of "eliteness" . 

Funny, and I wonder how common dislike for him is?

I am not a fan either. He reminds me a little of McNab, seemingly much more interested in his commercials, endorsements, than his job, what should be his passion.

I think I started disliking him as his awful insurance commercials proliferated.  And because the national media seems to worship him.

The good thing is that I don't think he will ever be back in a Super Bowl.  Personally, he doesn't seem to have the passion or drive to lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Favre was a much better representative for the Packers and Green Bay, in my opinion.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Anyone ripping on Luck for retiring isn't a fan at all and can just go get... yeah. Some people just don't care, they don't care to consider what these guys go through and what they're going to have to deal with in the future. Some people think, "Oh, well they get paid millions for it, so big deal, who cares?" and it's like they demand blood or something. Yeah, they get paid very well but I rarely ever see anyone griping about the billions made by owners who don't have to sacrifice their health to gain it. Money aside, they're still human beings and I commend the guy for making such a difficult decision. There's a strong likelihood that we don't know the whole story. Who knows, he could've been told that he'll never get back to 100% physically, or that he developed a condition that would interfere with his ability to play on a consistent basis. 

Rodgers on the other hand... great QB, weird dude.

I’m sure most of the owners for all the major sports are greedy SOBs but the NFL owners come across as the worst.  I believe they have the richest TV contracts and yet they treat their former players so poorly. They continually come up with ways to squeeze more money out of fans and to penny-pinch.  I recently read that the Redskins are going to charge fans a fee of $50 to pick up tickets at will call.  Then there’s the Super Bowl , which is a bonanza, where they charge the halftime acts to perform and ask for volunteers to help setup and tear down the stage. They can’t give some needy people minimum wage for an hour to do this?