Your unpopular ideas

Virgil

This is both random and probably stupid, but I was reading some articles today and found myself in the minority of what was being talked about.  It made me think of other things like.  So, for fun, what are some things that you feel in the minority about regarding the NFL?  Here are mine:

-The owners deserve whatever money share they want.  I know these guys are billionaires, but they still put the money out and created the league.  While people pay to see the players, none of its possible without that initial large investment so they deserve the biggest share.  If I were to open a business and my employees wanted more of the profits than I got because of their customer service, I’d think they were nuts. 

-It’s okay for the Colts fans to want season ticket refunds.  For starters, they are total asshats for booing Luck.  However, people bought a product based off an expectation.  Season tickets sales are typically higher for competitive teams unless you’re a stupid Bills fan.  The Colts just became a long shot to make the playoffs and thus, the product changed.  Does that not merit a refund?

-FF leagues that don’t feature the QB as the highest scoring position are dumb.  Name an NFL team that is a perennial winner without a quality QB?  I see these cheat sheets that have  QBs going in the 3rd round or auction values of $20 vs RB’s of $60.  Makes no sense to me. 

-Shady isn’t “done”.  But he’s no longer a top 15 back.  If he and singletary had the same carries this season, I don’t think the output would be different. Shady doesn’t make guys miss like before and just isn’t a difference maker.  I think a top 5 RB could get 1500 yards in this new offense.   Shady takes what he gets now. 

-Steve Tasker isn’t a hall of famer.  I loved the guy, but unless you are giving him credit for being one of the first players to make special teams roles seem important, he never broke the field.  I’m sorry, but I don’t get it. And honestly,  I’m not sold on Andre Reed except for the fact that he did it for so long.  He never really had eye popping seasons.  One year over 1300 yards.  

I’m sure there’s more, but it’s all I have right now.  I shall brace for impact. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Gisèle is actually pretty good looking... there I said it. Someone had too. 

Saying that one of the highest earning super models of all time is "good looking" takes a lot of guts.  I'm proud of you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Success said:

I respect what Tom Brady has accomplished.

There.  I said it.

Go ***** yourself. 

Sorry, my phone typed that by itself.  

Let me try again. 

Go ***** yourself. 

Damn it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Saying that one of the highest earning super models of all time is "good looking" takes a lot of guts.  I'm proud of you!

But admit it, it doesn’t go over well around these parts. Just because....

12 minutes ago, Success said:

I respect what Tom Brady has accomplished.

There.  I said it.

I kept trying to like that, but my iPad gave me a taser style zap! Something may be wrong here! 

• Haha (+1) 3

if Ed Oliver strikes out at 3 technique DT, they should move him to DE.

He could be a nightmare 4-3 DE,  get Clowney to be the DE opposite Ed, and draft a meatball for 3 technique next draft.

Look for a NT, 4-3 1 Technique in FA and the D line is dominant in front of Milano and Edmunds.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is both random and probably stupid, but I was reading some articles today and found myself in the minority of what was being talked about.  It made me think of other things like.  So, for fun, what are some things that you feel in the minority about regarding the NFL?  Here are mine:

-The owners deserve whatever money share they want.  I know these guys are billionaires, but they still put the money out and created the league.  While people pay to see the players, none of its possible without that initial large investment so they deserve the biggest share.  If I were to open a business and my employees wanted more of the profits than I got because of their customer service, I’d think they were nuts. 

-It’s okay for the Colts fans to want season ticket refunds.  For starters, they are total asshats for booing Luck.  However, people bought a product based off an expectation.  Season tickets sales are typically higher for competitive teams unless you’re a stupid Bills fan.  The Colts just became a long shot to make the playoffs and thus, the product changed.  Does that not merit a refund?

-FF leagues that don’t feature the QB as the highest scoring position are dumb.  Name an NFL team that is a perennial winner without a quality QB?  I see these cheat sheets that have  QBs going in the 3rd round or auction values of $20 vs RB’s of $60.  Makes no sense to me. 

-Shady isn’t “done”.  But he’s no longer a top 15 back.  If he and singletary had the same carries this season, I don’t think the output would be different. Shady doesn’t make guys miss like before and just isn’t a difference maker.  I think a top 5 RB could get 1500 yards in this new offense.   Shady takes what he gets now. 

-Steve Tasker isn’t a hall of famer.  I loved the guy, but unless you are giving him credit for being one of the first players to make special teams roles seem important, he never broke the field.  I’m sorry, but I don’t get it. And honestly,  I’m not sold on Andre Reed except for the fact that he did it for so long.  He never really had eye popping seasons.  One year over 1300 yards.  

I’m sure there’s more, but it’s all I have right now.  I shall brace for impact. 

Not whatever they want, but I certainly lean toward the owner’s side. I am not fond of those who think the employees have all the rights. If you’re so good, go find a better deal, or a better job. Like a house, you are only worth what someone will pay for you. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2