Your unpopular ideas

Virgil

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

The Jills deserve a second chance.

Always loved the Jills during TV timeouts. 

I'm with you BuffaloBillies,

We've been Jilted for far to long...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

The Bills should bring back the red helmets.  Can't believe I'm in the minority on this.

You're not.

42 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Gisèle is actually pretty good looking... there I said it. Someone had too. 

So is the chick she's married to. (No one needed to say that.)

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

The Jills deserve a second chance.

Always loved the Jills during TV timeouts. 

The Jills deserve a second chance, decent pay, benefits, and union representation.

Edited by Rocky Landing

Well first of all their initial investment wasn't that large...the league started off paying its players peanuts and its popularity grew from the players who had to have jobs in the offseason to make ends meet. As the owners made more and more money, they worked hard to keep salaries low by refusing free agency until 1990...they have made a fortune and then some. They still don't have fully guaranteed contracts like almost all other sports do and can get out of bad deals much easier. Team values have skyrocketed from 25K to 2.5 Billion. That is a 100,000 time ROI(Return on Investment). Pretty sure a lot of stockbrokers would sell one of their testicles for that type of return. Lets get real...the players caused most of the ROI the owners have reaped.

So basically they made a bunch of money off other peoples backs without having to put up much money to buy a team and paid their players peanuts for a long long time. Count me as one who believes the players should ask for and take as much as they can. The owners have ripped the players off for many decades, its about time the tables turn.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

- At it’s base, football is descended from the gladiatorial games of Ancient Rome and it’s indicitive of our society that it has surpassed more civilized sports like golf and baseball to win the hearts of the common citizenry. 

- People who say football is dumb (typically women, in my expirience) are simply insecure in their inability to understand the minutiae of the game. 

- Never trust a man who doesn’t like football.

- Never trust a man who doesn’t have a proper understanding of some self defense implement (from martial arts, to guns, to knives, whatever)

- Men with long hair are fundamentally worthless- some exceptions apply.

- Higher education in the world today is largely useless and an obscene waste of money. 

- A large majority of the social Ills facing our country are a result of government based school systems. 

- Bill Bellichick is kind of likable- *vomits* 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

As much as anybody involved with this franchise (understandably) doesn't want to admit it, OJ is the greatest Buffalo Bill ever. 

Think Bruce Smith might have something to say..m

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Well first of all their initial investment wasn't that large...the league started off paying its players peanuts and its popularity grew from the players who had to have jobs in the offseason to make ends meet. As the owners made more and more money, they worked hard to keep salaries low by refusing free agency until 1990...they have made a fortune and then some. They still don't have fully guaranteed contracts like almost all other sports do and can get out of bad deals much easier. Team values have skyrocketed from 25K to 2.5 Billion. That is a 100,000 time ROI(Return on Investment). Pretty sure a lot of stockbrokers would sell one of their testicles for that type of return. Lets get real...the players caused most of the ROI the owners have reaped.

So basically they made a bunch of money off other peoples backs without having to put up much money to buy a team and paid their players peanuts for a long long time. Count me as one who believes the players should ask for and take as much as they can. The owners have ripped the players off for many decades, its about time the tables turn.

The players are welcome to ask for as much as they want. The owners will pay what they want. It’s called the free market. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

As much as anybody involved with this franchise (understandably) doesn't want to admit it, OJ is the greatest Buffalo Bill ever. 

OJ is an obviously sensitive subject, but he is clearly the greatest Bill of all time, if we are simply discussing football and nothing else.  I might suggest Bruce Smith is second.  Not sure. 

11 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Everything else being equal, if Marino and Kelly had switched uniforms the Bills would have been 4-0 in super bowls.

An interesting proposition but I don't think I agree with it.

If the issue is simply "was Marino better than Kelly" the answer is an obvious "yes."

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The players are welcome to ask for as much as they want. The owners will pay what they want. It’s called the free market. 

No they will pay what they collectively bargain. Where have you been the last 30 years, hiding under a rock? And the players will not play and hold out if they are not getting a fair deal.  Otherwise there still wouldnt be any free agency. The players have gotten more and more in every collective bargaining session and they will continue to get more in each future session. Ultimately the league and owners know nobody is going to pay to watch scrubs.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

- At it’s base, football is descended from the gladiatorial games of Ancient Rome and it’s indicitive of our society that it has surpassed more civilized sports like golf and baseball to win the hearts of the common citizenry. 

- People who say football is dumb (typically women, in my expirience) are simply insecure in their inability to understand the minutiae of the game. 

- Never trust a man who doesn’t like football.

- Never trust a man who doesn’t have a proper understanding of some self defense implement (from martial arts, to guns, to knives, whatever)

- Men with long hair are fundamentally worthless- some exceptions apply.

- Higher education in the world today is largely useless and an obscene waste of money. 

- A large majority of the social Ills facing our country are a result of government based school systems. 

- Bill Bellichick is kind of likable- *vomits* 

The bolded is becoming an increasingly popular opinion in America.

Not only is it wrong and poorly considered, but it's really bad for the future of this country that so many think this way.

The factors that make people think this way need to be addressed and soon.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

No they will pay what they collectively bargain. And the players will not pay and hold out if they are not getting a fair deal.  Otherwise there still wouldnt be any free agency. The players have gotten more and more in every collective bargaining session.

Right. And that’s exactly how it should work. It’s a symbiotic relationship. Players want to make obscene amounts of money playing football, but they need teams to play on. Owners want to make obscene amounts of money by selling a product, but they need players to create the product. So it’s about who compromises where. 

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The bolded is becoming an increasingly popular opinion in America.

Not only is it wrong and poorly considered, but it's really bad for the future of this country that so many think this way.

The factors that make people think this way need to be addressed and soon.

Well, I disagree, obviously. 

I think the idea of higher education is sound- education of a high nature. 

I think the manifestation of it in America today is abhorrent. 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

You’re dead to me

I’m honored that you even knew who I was. 

Edited by whatdrought