Lucks retirement and Miller injury news effects Bills

Tatonka68

50 minutes ago, Nicabills321 said:

Imho I think the colts have a lot of talent.  Very strong d, Jacoby can handle a full season and stay competitive.  With luck the were s.b. candidates without the are still a very tough out every week.  Reich can lead them to a winning record.  Sucks for their fans though.  

Very few teams in history have survived losing their franchise qb during a season. Doubtful they will either. A lot of their “fans” booed him tonight. I don’t feel sorry for those that booed at all. 

53 minutes ago, Nicabills321 said:

Imho I think the colts have a lot of talent.  Very strong d, Jacoby can handle a full season and stay competitive.  With luck the were s.b. candidates without the are still a very tough out every week.  Reich can lead them to a winning record.  Sucks for their fans though.  

Jacoby Brisette sucks and we are all about to see it. 

Had Kelly will be QBing that team by week 6.

1 hour ago, Nicabills321 said:

Going to be interesting I think i see Chad Kelly possibly getting a start at some point, i say Kelly starts week 7 any other projections?  Just seen BB beat me to it he said week 6.

Edited by billrooter
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Jacoby Brisette sucks and we are all about to see it. 

Had Kelly will be QBing that team by week 6.

Okay, I get it.  They may not be good at all this year.  Moving forward it seems from a non colts fan, and nfl novice observer (me) that the colts organization is structured better then a lot of other teams.  Do the texans even have a g.m.?  Moving forward they are equipped to bounce back.  Will they?  Time will tell and I will enjoy seeing what happens. I still think they can give afc south teams problems this year which seems to be the o.p. topic afc south this year.  Do I think they win the division? No.

12 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Going to be interesting I think i see Chad Kelly possibly getting a start at some point, i say Kelly starts week 7 any other projections?  Just seen BB beat me to it he said week 6.

Not saying jacoby is the answer.  But weren't there reports of teams trying to trade for him last year or more recently and colts essentially stonewalling?  Perhaps a former q.b. and o.c. may recognize traits in a q.b. that the NFL fan can not.  Again, this intended to support my argument that they are a solid organization, not the jacoby can lead them to the promise land.  To your point, maybe Kelly is the answer...and if so, who gets credit?

Edited by Nicabills321

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

The loss of Andrew Luck and the injury of Lamar Miller effects the AFC playoff race before the start of the Season. The AFC South just got weaker and more competitive giving the Bills an easier route to grab a playoff spot. I doubt you will see a wildcard team from the AFC South and the division winner be around 9-7 or 10-6. 

Works for me.

31 minutes ago, Nicabills321 said:

Not saying jacoby is the answer.  But weren't there reports of teams trying to trade for him last year or more recently and colts essentially stonewalling?  Perhaps a former q.b. and o.c. may recognize traits in a q.b. that the NFL fan can not.  Again, this intended to support my argument that they are a solid organization, not the jacoby can lead them to the promise land.  To your point, maybe Kelly is the answer...and if so, who gets credit?

Jacoby has an interesting skillset and maybe he has improved, but the Colts have a  decent team and if they lose a few in a row I would not be surprised to see Kelly get his shot. It seems like that division is always up for grabs, Irsay seems like a meddling owner as well it is going to make for an interesting season from the Colts. Definitely an interesting thing to watch, can't recall a QB in his prime retiring like this but Lucks' body has taken a pretty good beating. Gotta feel bad for those fans and Luck as well, but this only makes it easier for every other team in the AFC with playoff aspirations.

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

The loss of Andrew Luck and the injury of Lamar Miller effects the AFC playoff race before the start of the Season. The AFC South just got weaker and more competitive giving the Bills an easier route to grab a playoff spot. I doubt you will see a wildcard team from the AFC South and the division winner be around 9-7 or 10-6. 

Ehh...RB isnt a position of great importance...the effect RBs have on wins and losses is pretty minimal overall. You can plug in just about anyone and still get good enough production from the RB spot if the OLine is decent.

Now the effect of Luck on the other hand leaves Indy a clear candidate for last place in the division now instead of runaway favorite to repeat as division champs.

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Until proven otherwise, the AFC East is still the worst division in football. We have the Patriots, and a bunch of consistently bottom feeder teams year after year after year.

We pretty much allow the Pats to cruise to the playoffs uncontested year in & year out, giving them an easier shot than most at a Super Bowl. The AFC South may be considered the weakest now, but even so, the AFC East isn't far behind.

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

*affects*

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nicabills321 said:

You edited this for spelling and still can’t spell THEY? ?

um.. Welcome Aboard!

73452EE1-4A86-4981-9E93-F3E5BEC17E48.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

I’m sorry to hear about Luck’s retirement, but it was probably the right one with all of those injuries.  Sad as he is the most talented QB who has come out of the draft in several years, except Wilson.

I am confident Reich will still build a winning team.  It is sad from a team standpoint as I want d to see Luck kick the crap out of the Patriots this year.  They are building a great team, but definitely a hit.

I wouldnt be so sure that they'll automatically suck now. Events like this can give teams a boost sometimes IF Brisette comes out to play.

If we as casual fans can see that Luck is done, imagine having to play on that team KNOWING that he's done for the past 2 years. Not very exciting. At least this gives them something new and changes the direction of the team (for better or worse). 

9 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I don't know, I could see both the Texans and the Jags making the playoffs.  Especially now that they both play a weakened Colts team twice.

This is the real outcome for me. Give the Texans two free wins in two of what otherwise would have been their toughest games and I find it hard to see them not in double figure win territory again. And if Nick Foles doesn't totally mess the bed the way he did the last time he left the Eagles the Jags go from an 8-8 sort of team to a playoff contender.