2019 Statistics

Stads

ESPN posted its 2019 stat projections for the upcoming season. How far off do you think they are on the following players?

1) Josh Allen

274/476  57%  3281 yards  17 TD/14 INT

100 carries  569 yards  7 TD

2) Lesean McCoy

139 carries  556 yards  3 TD

28 receptions  225 yards  1 TD

3) Devin Singletary

72 carries  319 yards  2 TD

14 receptions 119 yards  0 TD

4) John Brown

41 receptions  688 yards  16.6 avg  4 TD

5) Cole Beasley

62 receptions  676 yards  10.9 avg  3 TD

6) Dawson Knox

21 receptions  265 yards  12.8 avg  1 TD

I feel that Brown will get closer to 800 yards and 7 TD's. Beasley gets 5 TD's. Yardage about right. I am thinking Allen throws for 20 TD's. The vertical game will open up. As far as the RB's are concerned, I expect Shady to bounce back some. Still hard to predict Singletary and Knox, though they will be heard from.

Edited by Rocket94

Seems pretty conservative. Those are like Tyrod Taylor stats with twice the INT's. The way Josh looks to push that ball down the field I would be surprised if he had only 205 yards per game. I'd expect him to be around 230 - 250 (3600 - 4000). That would rank him at 18th or 19th last year for yards per game.

Rushing stats seem fine.

I think he can get 20+ TD's. 20 TD's would have ranked Josh 21st last year, around Carr, Dalton, and Winston.

14 INT's seems about right to me. He's a risk taker.

So I would project 3600 yards, 20 TD's, 14 INT's. Last year that would rank him 18th, 21st, and like 27th respectively in those categories. Not good enough, but improvement.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Stads said:

ESPN posted its 2019 stat projections for the upcoming season. How far off do you think they are on the following players?

1) Josh Allen

274/476  57%  3281 yards  17 TD/14 INT

100 carries  569 yards  7 TD

2) Lesean McCoy

139 carries  556 yards  3 TD

28 receptions  225 yards  1 TD

3) Devin Singletary

72 carries  319 yards  2 TD

14 receptions 119 yards  0 TD

4) John Brown

41 receptions  688 yards  16.6 avg  4 TD

5) Cole Beasley

62 receptions  676 yards  10.9 avg  3 TD

6) Dawson Knox

21 receptions  265 yards  12.8 avg  1 TD

I can make up numbers too.

By the way, when you add up all the predicted receiving yards, it's still about 1400 yards short of Allen' s predicted total. So who's the mystery receiver with 1400? More than double of our best receiver? #math

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

By the way, when you add up all the predicted receiving yards, it's still about 1400 yards short of Allen' s predicted total. So who's the mystery receiver with 1400? More than double of our best receiver? #math

lol I was going to start adding because something seemed wrong.

17 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

If those are Allen’s stats in year 2, I think there’s reason for encouragement 

Really? Wow you have a low bar for football quarterbacks 

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Antonio Brown 

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm assuming all of the other receiving options on the team will make up the final 1400 (Kroft, Foster, Jones, McKenzie, Croom, Gore, etc.)

Edited by Stads
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

If those are Allen’s stats in year 2, I think there’s reason for encouragement 

Those stats are horrible and would likely mean our offense was pathetic. 

38 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

24 total TD to 14 total turnovers? I'll take that.

Tyrod production but with more turnovers. Vomit.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How the heck do people determine how many TDs every skill player will have and then post it like they have a ruddy clue what they are talking about?

Outside of Allen's passing yards I think that's pretty pessimistic all around. Beasley and/or Brown should definitely end up with more receiving yards. I mean who else is catching Allen's yards ESPN? The math doesn't check out, apparently there's another 1300 receiving yards or so somewhere on the roster that isn't worth mentioning. And I really think McCoy will do better than that this year. Wouldn't be surprised if Allen rushes for more as well.

Edited by Nelius