Bills TC Day 14 (8/13) - joint practice with Panthers in Spartanburg, SC

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh good call, Moore will get majority #1 coverage and Samuel has the top shelf talent to go off if Newton can get him the ball

My strategy is been finding FFL gold value later in the draft that people are overlooking.  I think some Bills players fall into that list that include Allen, McCoy, Brown, and Cole.  But also the Panthers.  Cam has spent most of his time as top 10 and often top 5 FFL player, but his shoulder turned in a down year last year but is fully healthy now and he has much better weapons too.  This WR group is better than they have had in a while IMO, and with EMC, DJ, Samuels and Olsen I think Cam will have a bounce back year.  

Ive been waiting on QB and getting both Cam and Allen as my 2 QBs.  Then also nabbing guys like McCoy, Brown, and Samuels late too for great depth players with high upside.  Although, Cole has not been drafted in a single mock I have done by me or anyone, I am starting to think about grabbing him instead of Brown late.  Just depends on what my other WR's look like in the mock. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My strategy is been finding FFL gold value later in the draft that people are overlooking.  I think some Bills players fall into that list that include Allen, McCoy, Brown, and Cole.  But also the Panthers.  Cam has spent most of his time as top 10 and often top 5 FFL player, but his shoulder turned in a down year last year but is fully healthy now and he has much better weapons too.  This WR group is better than they have had in a while IMO, and with EMC, DJ, Samuels and Olsen I think Cam will have a bounce back year.  

Ive been waiting on QB and getting both Cam and Allen as my 2 QBs.  Then also nabbing guys like McCoy, Brown, and Samuels late too for great depth players with high upside.  Although, Cole has not been drafted in a single mock I have done by me or anyone, I am starting to think about grabbing him instead of Brown late.  Just depends on what my other WR's look like in the mock. 

I'm not drafting any Bills or Panthers outside McCaffrey...the rest should be available or at least they will be in my leagues. Possibly Allen or Newton as QB2 real late. 

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

From the early twitter stuff i was viewing from both teams/media, it seemed like the Panthers were taking the Bills to school in several different areas.  Hope that's not really the case.

What school It’s still summer 

Top 3 things to know from the first Bills-Panthers joint practice

2. Allen benefits from Panthers 3-4 defense

The Bills offense has been facing their own defense for the better part of the last two weeks every day in practice. Facing the Panthers on Tuesday, Josh Allen and company saw a defensive front far different from that of their own.

“It’s a chance to get our offense in front of a different system and scheme and to develop as a team,” said head coach Sean McDermott.

“The benefit is we come down and face a different defense as opposed to the one they played the last couple of years. It’s good for us because we’re going to go against some 3-4 opponents this year.”

Buffalo’s offense made a fair number of plays in the short to intermediate areas, but had a tough time connecting on some deep shots.

Josh Allen had a solid strike over the middle to John Brown who was cutting across the field, but the two couldn’t link up on a deep post pattern. Allen dropped it right over Brown’s shoulder, but he couldn’t hang onto the ball as it fell incomplete.

Buffalo’s quarterback was most encouraged by the way things were organized up front against the 3-4 scheme. This despite the continued practice of mixing and matching interior line combinations.

“They do a couple of different things, especially their front four,” Allen said. “They line up a little differently so we had to change some protections. We’ve got to be right on those. I thought we did a good job.”

After practice concluded Allen went to seek out Panthers Pro Bowl linebacker Luke Kuechly for his thoughts on a particular play concept the Bills ran against him during the team segment.

“I talked to him about a play and he said it’s a good concept and we talked about the hardships for a defense on that play,” said Allen.

“I wanted to know why he did what he did on the concept we ran. I just took a couple of words from him here and there.

“Obviously people revere him as one of the smartest guys in the league.

I spent some time with Luke before in the past just hearing him talk about football. I talked to him about a certain play after practice and just the insight that he has and knowledge he has is pretty awesome.

In the end we don’t have each other on our schedules, so we’re just trying to make each other better.”

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think Bodine and McDermott has those non-contact jerseys on for the Colts game too. Doesn’t seem like much of an update...

Is there such thing as a non-contact career?

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When the NFL issues you headgear you wear it damn it 

lol

I heard coach is appealing.  Has a meeting with Roger and the boys on Park Ave. on Monday.  May refuse to coach Friday night.

• Haha (+1) 1

It was crazy how many Bills fans were there.

Big Bummer though was none of the players really signed autographs after practice. Josh signed like 5. My boy was one of the lucky ones.

John Brown met his family right next to all the fans and didn’t sign one single thing. Shaq Lawson had an interview and about 2 dozen fans wanted his autograph, he just walked away. All the rest just left. Nothing. A lot of fans were disappointed. 

5 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Get out of here with that crap.

UB started training camp on the 31st of July and has their first game August 29th.  I'm sure most programs are the same.

Over 6 weeks of practice, 4 preseason games is overkill.  To add a scrimmage on top of that is just dumb.

As soon as week 1 hits, everything changes anyways.

This isn't life or death.

This doesn't sound like someone who was a part of a team. It takes practice and time to build cohesion especially because of injuries. College football teams workout all year round. They also have a spring practice and scrimmage. College football teams practice as much or more.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's cool of him. Most people don't know that his grandmother is Lee Trevino and he played field hockey instead of baseball at Yale.

Yeah, but he wears gloves.

• Haha (+1) 4