Sign in to follow this  
BillsFan4

Dak Prescott seeking new extension worth $40M per year.

1 minute ago, DJB said:

You all laugh. Just wait until Allen is done his rookie deal he will be looking for north of 40 million lol

Terry can give him a Brady deal  😉   I think Allen is a team first , down to earth guy

I don’t think some of you understand how negotiations work.  Dak’s should have started with a really low offer!  

Prediction: he gets a new deal for a lot less than $40 million. 

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The thing is, no one is going to pay him that.  Leaking that number just make his camp sound moronic 

Kirk Cousins got 84M over 3 years FULLY GUARANTEED. What has he done?

These numbers are all BS anyway.  So Jerruh offered him 30M/year. How much guaranteed money?  For example, did he offer him 150M over 5 years guaranteed or did he offer him 150 over 5 years with 60M guaranteed?  That's a HUGE difference.  Don't get hung up on the per year number - that's just accounting.  The guaranteed money is the actual thing.  

51 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He hasn't proven a thing and isn't worth that much.

He's barely worth 30. Bye Bye Dak, I guess Elliot & Cooper will get paid.

3 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

What’s crazier: Dak wants $40M or the Cowboys offered $30?

That's what I mean.  Did they really offer 30 or did they offer something like 15M guaranteed per year with the other 15 per year able to be deleted at will by the team.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's barely worth 30. Bye Bye Dak, I guess Elliot & Cooper will get paid.

If Josh Allen had Dak’s numbers and wins, Bills fans would be willing to give him Buffalo.  

42 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s the way the league has been going for awhile. If you are a good ( not great ) starting QB and you’re nearing free agency, you are going to get paid. It will be the largest deal to date or close to it. Not sure where the end is, if it’s even in sight yet. 

if the cap continues to increase, so will salaries...the end will be once the cap stays stagnant or decreases....but that's not happening any time soon

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Kirk Cousins got 84M over 3 years FULLY GUARANTEED. What has he done?

These numbers are all BS anyway.  So Jerruh offered him 30M/year. How much guaranteed money?  For example, did he offer him 150M over 5 years guaranteed or did he offer him 150 over 5 years with 60M guaranteed?  That's a HUGE difference.  Don't get hung up on the per year number - that's just accounting.  The guaranteed money is the actual thing.  

Im not saying cousins deal was Good move, but at least Kirk had the elite stats. Belive me I cringed with every rumor the Bills were in the sweepstakes. 

Dak imo is < cousins 

and Nd I don’t think much of cousins.

dak is garrapolo money at best 

:lol:...... $40,000,000 a year for Dak f****** Prescott? ...... :lol:

Turning that down is a blessing in disguise for the Cowboys. If they're smart they'll move on. He doesn't deserve more than $20 million a year.

Give the continual rise in the CAP, it’s silly to compare a QB’s rating against his salary. Each year the CAP rises so, even mediocre QBs are going to move into the top 5-10 highest paid QBs. If every year, every QB had to renegotiate their contract, we could compare them against performance but that won’t happen. 

Add to this that highly experienced QBs tend to sign for less than they can get on the open market in order to stay with a team they think can win a championship (see Brady, Brees). 

I doubt Josh Allen will take a lesser deal if he pans out as a good starting QB. The question is, will the Bills be willing to pony up that much against the CAP to keep him? My guess is that they already have that in the plan.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Josh Allen had Dak’s numbers and wins, Bills fans would be willing to give him Buffalo.  

We haven't had a good qb in what feels like 100 years. I'd give him Buffalo and throw in Syracuse. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

:lol:...... $40,000,000 a year for Dak f****** Prescott? ...... :lol:

If Allen is 32–16, has a 66.1%, 67 passing tds to 25 ints, 96 qb rating, and 18 rushing tds, how much would you pay him?  

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Turning that down is a blessing in disguise for the Cowboys. If they're smart they'll move on. He doesn't deserve more than $20 million a year.

I don’t think Dak is great but for a team doing backflips over picking the “right” Josh and his 67 qb rating, we would be very, very happy if Allen has the same start to his career as Dak. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lol. I like Prescott as a player and as a person, but that is insane. 

The best part of this is that that senile old man will likely give it to him. If Dak was smart he’d say “give me whatever money puts me in the top 10 contract wise, and use the rest to bring Cooper and Elliot on board long term.” 

Still surprising to me that QB’s haven’t learned from Brady. You make more money winning superbowls, even if the contract is less- do you want to be Tom Brady, or Sam Bradford?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Allen is 32–16, has a 66.1%, 67 passing tds to 25 ints, 96 qb rating, and 18 rushing tds, how much would you pay him?  

Dak is not the best QB in the league nor does he deserve to be paid like one. You can babble numbers all you want, but how effective has he been without Zeke? Yeah, we'll see again here shortly it seems as well. Have you watched him choke at the end of games and not be able to make the throws he needed consistently? I know I have. 

50 minutes ago, DJB said:

You all laugh. Just wait until Allen is done his rookie deal he will be looking for north of 40 million lol

Josh won't be waiting until his contract is up.  It's a 4 year deal plus a 5th year option.  If he wins Super Bowl MVP before year 4 the Bills will have to pay him in his 4th season.  He will be Super Bowl LV MVP.  

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Dak is not the best QB in the league nor does he deserve to be paid like one. You can babble numbers all you want, but how effective has he been without Zeke? Yeah, we'll see again here shortly it seems as well. Have you watched him choke at the end of games and not be able to make the throws he needed consistently? I know I have. 

No one has said Dak is the best qb in the league.  It just seems like you hold other non Bills qbs to a higher standard than you do our guys.  Dak has a good start to his career and I would be very happy if Allen comes closer to his start,

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

If he deserves it, then great. Dak doesn’t deserve $40M.  He doesn’t even deserve $30M. 

So its ok if Josh gets 40 but not Dak? 

Doesn't make sense.  Plus at this point Dak > Josh and I love Allen