Sign in to follow this  
BillsFan4

Dak Prescott seeking new extension worth $40M per year.

“Dark” Prescott?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

$30M would put him tied for 5th highest QB cap hit -

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

that already seems like too much money for Prescott. I can’t make any argument that puts him as a top 5 QB in the NFL. No way in hell would I go up to $35M (which would make him tied for highest QB cap hit in the NFL).

Just now, K-9 said:

“Dark” Prescott?

😂. I didn’t notice that. I think it was autocorrect. 

That would be insane. I think 30M for him would be pushing it. That much cap dedicated to a non-game changing QB pretty much guarantees you won't win a Superbowl

• Like (+1) 3

😂

Paying top dollar for mediocre talent, even at QB, is a recipe for disaster. I’d let him walk and keep drafting QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

😂. I didn’t notice that. I think it was autocorrect. 

I didn’t want you to get your boob in a ringer with the PC crowd. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

That would be insane. I think 30M for him would be pushing it. That much cap dedicated to a non-game changing QB pretty much guarantees you won't win a Superbowl

He’ll look like a different player if they can’t pay for the best OL in the league, a top WR, Zeke, etc. He’s no Brady! 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s the way the league has been going for awhile. If you are a good ( not great ) starting QB and you’re nearing free agency, you are going to get paid. It will be the largest deal to date or close to it. Not sure where the end is, if it’s even in sight yet. 

i'm thinking the league needs to administer a substance test for this young  man. he is obviously delusional.

Thirty million a year for Prescott would be too much--and he turned that down!!

The problem in Dallas is that Jones pumps the team up with so much hot air that the star players think they are hall of famers early in their careers.

I hope they give him a huge salary!  That, and a poor (duh) head coach in Jason Garrett would mean one less team to compete against for championships. 

How 'bout them Cowboys?

• Like (+1) 1

He's a 3 year starter on a rookie 4th round deal so I can understand he wants to get paid but this is crazy money an average QB.  The Cowboys control him for 2 more seasons and then can start using franchise tags beginning in 2021.  

Going by the cap hit the Cowboys have 64 milllion tied up in 5 players on offense not including Prescott or Elliott. Should be interesting to see how they handle this. 

They are in a real bind.  He's a good efficient QB and finding a replacement is no gimme - yet he's not one of the leagues best.  It's a bad problem that we may soon find ourselves in.  

You all laugh. Just wait until Allen is done his rookie deal he will be looking for north of 40 million lol

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DJB said:

You all laugh. Just wait until Allen is done his rookie deal he will be looking for north of 40 million lol

If he deserves it, then great. Dak doesn’t deserve $40M.  He doesn’t even deserve $30M. 

Edited by Saint Doug
  • Like (+1) 1