Gruden hearts Peterman

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m cheering for Nate.  Seems like a genuinely good guy....plus any Peterman success would piss of Bill “Historically Bad” Barnwell and co.

WTH does a genuinely good guy have to do with cheering for a historically bad football player? Check the record book. The book on his complete passing Arsenal is in every teams book. 

Don't get me wrong, I’m rooting for Chuckie to be snowed too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH does a genuinely good guy have to do with cheering for a historically bad football player? Check the record book. The book on his complete passing Arsenal is in every teams book. 

I'm rooting for NP to do even worse if he ever sees game action again, not because I'm an #######... ok, not just because I'm an #######, but because I care.  Right now at least he has a claim to something.  Less bad QB play stands to tarnish his legacy as the worst of all time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not doubting that.  Just saying that everyone (coaches, players, media) seems to say what a cool person Nate is.  I’m pulling for him to succeed in some way, because it’s cool to see good people do good things.  

It’s not very likely but if he could win a few games for Oakland, it would be a great way to bounce back from an extremely rough career. It would also piss off Bill Barnwell, Mike Schopp and several others...so that is a plus 

1 minute ago, transient said:

I'm rooting for NP to do even worse if he ever sees game action again, not because I'm an #######..

?

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m not doubting that.  Just saying that everyone (coaches, players, media) seems to say what a cool person Nate is.  I’m pulling for him to succeed in some way, because it’s cool to see good people do good things.  

It’s not very likely but if he could win a few games for Oakland, it would be a great way to bounce back from an extremely rough career. It would also piss off Bill Barnwell, Mike Schopp and several others...so that is a plus 

I'm not a fan of "good guys who can't play" taking roster spots away from guys who might be able to play.

Peterman has been historically bad in games that matter.  It's irrelevant that he's a "cool person."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1