Gruden hearts Peterman

45 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m cheering for Nate.  Seems like a genuinely good guy....plus any Peterman success would piss of Bill “Historically Bad” Barnwell and co.

But it’s completely true.  It’s not NP’s fault.  He just doesn’t have a nfl arm.  

And has an “offensive” guru ever been worse with qbs than Gruden?  He loved RJ and wanted him to start for the Bucs.  One of the most overrated coaches ever.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

History doesn't not always determine the present and the future. I was not impressed with Tyrod as a starter. However, as a backup he is carving out an extended and lucrative career. I'm hoping that you and Gunner will be wrong about his survival chances in the league. We shall see. :)

Tyrod is Joe Montana compared to Peterman. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But it’s completely true.  It’s not NP’s fault.  He just doesn’t have a nfl arm.  

And has an “offensive” guru ever been worse with qbs than Gruden?  He loved RJ and wanted him to start for the Bucs.  One of the most overrated coaches ever.

Again, We shall see if Peterman can carve out a niche as a backup. For those who have proclaimed him to be the worst qb in the world you should be aware that he is still in the league. 

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Schopp just fixed it for ya :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Did you ever watch someone else get in a car accident?  I mean not where someone got hurt, but just a fender bender where you just knew it was going to be like $5000 of damage?

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

History doesn't not always determine the present and the future. I was not impressed with Tyrod as a starter. However, as a backup he is carving out an extended and lucrative career. I'm hoping that you and Gunner will be wrong about his survival chances in the league. We shall see. :)

Tyrod has a winning record as a starter and didn’t make mistakes. You only have your resume to stand on. Nate’s resume is WAY worse than a lot of guys that were given less chances. Were you appalled that Levi Brown didn’t get more chances? Was he treated unfairly? He certainly never collapsed like Peterman. Why does Nate deserve a chance? He has failed at his. I feel much worse for guys like Brown or Hamdan or the thousands of other guys that didn’t get the chance that Nate did (and keeps getting). 

It is a production business and he has not EARNED a spot on a NFL roster. He has been GIVEN it because he’s a nice guy. If I were EJ or whomever, I’d be furious. This guy that hasn’t never done anything is taking a check that I am more deserving of.

How would you feel if that was your job? What if you were in a sales role and everyone liked you. You were BY FAR the worst salesman in the organization but they fired someone else because you were a nice guy. That other guy has a family. That other guy has proven to be better at the role than you. Why should he not have the chance but a proven failure should?

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

FWIW, I think Ryan Leaf would love to quibble with you in terms of single game disasters 

Rk Date G# Age Tm   Opp Result Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A
3 1998-09-20 3 22.128 SDG @ KAN L 7-23 1 15 6.67 4 0 2 0.0 2 23 0.27

That’s close, I think Grossman had a game that was equally terrible. They also had moments of success. Nate only failed.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Did you ever watch someone else get in a car accident?  I mean not where someone got hurt, but just a fender bender where you just knew it was going to be like $5000 of damage?

It's almost like Peterman's the tire and the SUV is Raida Nation.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Again, We shall see if Peterman can carve out a niche as a backup. For those who have proclaimed him to be the worst qb in the world you should be aware that he is still in the league. 

Last year's Bears game should have been Peterman's last game ever.  Absolutely horrible.  I'm being nice because several posters would say he should have been gone even sooner.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This x 1,000. Nate has stolen enough money from NFL teams that other people were more deserving of. I wish him the best in life but he does not deserve an NFL paycheck. 

We’ll see.  His performances as starter definitely left a lot to be desired.  Like I said, I love underdog stories in sports so I hope he can turn it around because, yes, he is a great person

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tyrod has a winning record as a starter and didn’t make mistakes. You only have your resume to stand on. Nate’s resume is WAY worse than a lot of guys that were given less chances. Were you appalled that Levi Brown didn’t get more chances? Was he treated unfairly? He certainly never collapsed like Peterman. Why does Nate deserve a chance? He has failed at his. I feel much worse for guys like Brown or Hamdan or the thousands of other guys that didn’t get the chance that Nate did (and keeps getting). 

It is a production business and he has not EARNED a spot on a NFL roster. He has been GIVEN it because he’s a nice guy. If I were EJ or whomever, I’d be furious. This guy that hasn’t never done anything is taking a check that I am more deserving of.

How would you feel if that was your job? What if you were in a sales role and everyone liked you. You were BY FAR the worst salesman in the organization but they fired someone else because you were a nice guy. That other guy has a family. That other guy hasn’t proven to be better at the role. Why should he not have the chance but a proven failure should?

That’s close, I think Grossman had a game that was equally terrible. They also had moments of success. Nate only failed.

Kirby, the whole “they kept him around because he’s a nice guy,” is pure speculation and conjecture on your part.  

As you pointed out being “nice” is not really criteria for a roster spot.  There has to be a reason why the McDermott’s and Gruden of the world kept him on a roster.  We don’t know what that is, but then again, we aren’t NFL coaches.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The kid can flat out ball in TC! 

This is beautiful, HUDs.

I mean I'm still chuckling.

"Bert, I love this kid.  He is just making all the right throws you want to see from a QB in a t-shirt and shorts!  The throw he made without an o-line and d-line to the intern who fetches water was surely a sight to see!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

I wish Peterman well and hope he’s able to carve out an NFL career for himself. 

It would actually make me happy if he’s able to turn things around for himself in Oakland. 

How dare you cheer for him.  He’s an ex Bill.  And he threw 5 INT in one half.  And he’s “historically bad.”

The audacity!?!?!?!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Peterman was an unmitigated disaster when in game action, HISTORICALLY bad.... 

However, in shorts during Mini Camp, TC, and then in fake games for preseason, he didn't look nearly as bad.  

I always wanted the guy cut after his disaster in 2017, let alone being the starter in 2018... it was a joke, HOWEVER people conveniently forget that he actually didn't look terrible.

I think we all thought he would meltdown, and he did, but it was always possible he didn't as well.  

Sooo fast forward to now, he's in shorts and camp, when he looked good for us.  Stands to reason he'd look good for the Raiders too.  

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

That’s the problem with him being a backup.  He’s a player away from playing.  He was literally the worst nfl qb I have ever seen.  I know he’s a nice guy.  Honestly, I didn’t even get mad watching him. I just laughed. 

Even quarterback who is not in the nfl has a right to be pissed that Peterman is. But it will be hilarious when Carr gets hurt and Brown is “catching” passes from Peterman.