Democrat Debates

5 hours ago, mead107 said:

How is healthcare by the government going to be paid for? 

Credit. 

5 hours ago, mead107 said:

Over 3 million people working for insurance healthcare companies.  Unemployment line will be long. 

The government will need 5x that number to administer it. It’s a hiring program. 

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I read a wh8ile back that Pete plays guitar and piano.  However I could only find one video of him playing guitar.  So I gotta question it.  Any musician that can do anything has videos on youtube.  Here is the only one I've been able to find. Until I see real playing, I'm classifying him as a wannabe.

Even I can put my name in youtube and videos of me playing drums on the first page.

Not playing on YouTube doesn’t move me, but he’s a hack. No offense to him because I’m also a hack guitar player. But playing 3 bar chords does not make him a guitar player and you can tell he has no chops. FakeNews. 

Also what a mess that they gave him an electric guitar and then have him play unplugged. And he agreed. If he wins the Primary, this settles it: MAGA all the way!

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Credit. 

The government will need 5x that number to administer it. It’s a hiring program. 

FED Tax rates will be 60% BUT, It will be free?

gas will be $8.00 gallon 

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Helluva time tonight. CNN calling it for Warren.

But we all know who won. Williamson was brilliant. 500 B in reparations.

Let's do this, Dems. :lol:

She's the kind of person that leads a cult that I would join as a joke.  And then I would join and she'd start to make sense.  Next thing you know I'm castrating myself before committing suicide to catch a ride on a comet.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

She's the kind of person that leads a cult that I would join as a joke.  And then I would join and she'd start to make sense.  Next thing you know I'm castrating myself before committing suicide to catch a ride on a comet.

...she can follow the "Jim Jones model"..............

My favorite part was listening to Bernie and Pocahontas scream at the American people about all the laws they’d enact as President while never once explaining that the President DOESN’T write laws...senators do! Which by the way, they already are!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

@Teddy KGB I don't know how you talk politics in the shout box. It's like PPP - Feelings Edition.  I popped in to see if any of the board TDS'ers had anything to say about the debate and wasn't disappointed. Some moron said 63 million people know Trump is racist and will vote for him because of it. :lol: Those people really are something else.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

“What happened in Flint would not have happened in Grosse Pointe.”

Marianne Williamson with the biggest applause burst of the night in Detroit,       who understand the truth of that statement.

:thumbsup:

Next Topic: White people are the worst, amirite?

She is right but not for the reason she thinks- local leaders would be held responsible and at the minimum lose the next election. In Flint the Dems just kept power.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here were the highlights:

1. A gay man told me how to be a Christian

2. A crazy lady told me I have to pay money to descendants of slaves even though I’m NOT the descendant of slave owners.

3. All of the candidates told me they’re going to pass legislation even though the President doesn’t write laws.

4. Most said their going to end all wars even though we’re no longer really in one.

5. All of them are going to heal the planet twenty years AFTER they predict it will have already died. 

6. Many want to tax the earnings on my savings even though the money I invested was already taxed.

7. Most are dying to tax corporations even though corporations DON’T pay taxes!

Need I go on?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here were the highlights:

1. A gay man told me how to be a Christian

Why does being gay matter for this? 

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

3. All of the candidates told me they’re going to pass legislation even though the President doesn’t write laws.

What President doesn’t promise crap like this?

LIZ SHIELDS MORNING BRIEF: Democrat Debate Had Fairy Tale Economics, Dark Psychic Forces. 

“Keep in mind that the Democrat primary universe is not the general election universe. These wacky policies are not going to play in the general election. How will the chosen stooge walk this crap back once they have to address the public?

Taking people’s health care away in favor of a Veterans Administration-like system run by the post office is not appealing ( 90% have healthcare coverage, by the way.)

The tax cuts, the ones the media has tricked people into thinking only went to the rich, will disappear along with your 401k invested in the stock market.

The green new deal will cost a household $70K in the first year.

But any argument against these policies are dismissed as Republican talking points.

Do people hate Trump more than they want to see these crazy policies? I guess we will find out.”

The debate that was and the debate that wasn't

by Paul Mirengoff

Original Article

Of the ten participants in tonight’s Democratic presidential debate, only two — Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders — have a realistic hope of being nominated. Thus, we might have expected that these two would clash, the way we expect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to lock horns tomorrow night. But that didn’t happen. It was the debate that wasn’t. The debate that was turned out to be Sanders-Warren versus three less extreme candidates — no-hopers all — who attacked from the right. John Delaney was the most effective of the trio, but John Hickenlooper and Tim Ryan had their moments.

Five Of The Craziest Moments From The CNN Tuesday Night Democratic Debate (Videos)

Original Article

fae5654f-ea2f-4f93-9b2b-15b97793085e.jpeg

From JUNE

On the debate stage last night they debated a war Obama said he ended, a trade policy he said he made better and a healthcare system we were all told he fixed. Also kids in cages. But remember era of no scandals.

6:24 AM - 31 Jul 2019

• Haha (+1) 5

3 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

@Teddy KGB I don't know how you talk politics in the shout box. It's like PPP - Feelings Edition.  I popped in to see if any of the board TDS'ers had anything to say about the debate and wasn't disappointed. Some moron said 63 million people know Trump is racist and will vote for him because of it. :lol: Those people really are something else.

Its pretty fun @ShadyBillsFan and @ExiledInIllinois have severe TDS and provide all the lol’s 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Come on what? He’s gay and Christian. He can lecture as much as any Christian politician who wants to lecture. 

I’ll agree with this. I don’t believe the same could be said if he claimed to be catholic. Anyway, it’s complicated. I voted for Trump ( and almost certainly will again) , but I’d vote for an atheist before I’d vote for a Christian , Catholic or a Democrat. Not exclusively for that reason, though.