Sign in to follow this  
Inigo Montoya

Ed Oliver 2019 Sack Total; Over / Under 9

Aaron Donald got nine sacks playing about 67% of the defensive snaps his rookie year.  The Bills would have to play him as often as they did Kyle Williams (about 65%) last year to come close to that number.  I'll go under because of how often McDermott likes to rotate his DT's and he's just a rookie so he could be another Glenn Dorsey or John McCargo for all we know.

• Like (+1) 1

Double digits.  There will be no triple teams with Hughes on the end and what appears to be a healthier Murphy and motivated Shaq.  He is also lined up next to a house in Star.  His speed will catch OL by surprise.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Aaron Donald got nine sacks playing about 67% of the defensive snaps his rookie year.  The Bills would have to play him as often as they did Kyle Williams (about 65%) last year to come close to that number.  I'll go under because of how often McDermott likes to rotate his DT's and he's just a rookie so he could be another Glenn Dorsey or John McCargo for all we know.

John McCargo looked good in college because he lined up with Mario Williams.  Niether faced constant triple teams as a nose.  He could end up falling short but not on a McCargo Level and I highly doubt he will not make at least multiple  probowls.  He has Canton potential, nothing either of those two had.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Love every minute! 

My wife is Lebanese, and her father was for decades the only dentist in the small town of Rock Hill, SC. We were well over 500. If a single non-blood relation attends.....where do you draw the line? 

We sent my son a list of “must have” family and it was 40-50. I can see how you get to 200 in a hurry!  His GF is one of SIX girls in the family! You could work your whole life just to afford to marry them off! Thank God her family is awesome and her dad is quite successful. But there are limits! Yowza! 

Invites went out this week. Rsvp is due in a month. We actually sent north of 200. She is the kind of girl that had 20 kids say they were coming to her birthday party and 4 showed ip. That was alot of pizza left over. If just aunts, uncles, 1st and second cousins show up it will be 125.we shall see.

I feel 6-10 is his likely year 1 range so am going to go just with the under. 

Posted (edited)

If Oliver gets 9 sacks as a rookie DT in a rotational system then I'll be amazed.

Edited by vincec

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I agree.  Don't tell your wife.  😉

Wait, wait, wait, 

can we see see pics of his wife first before we tell him not to tell her?

Still dependent on how well they do against the run. I see them using Oliver in their nickel packages and on rush downs. If they can't stop the run ~5. If they stop the run 9+.

9 would be fantastic, but 5 or 6 would be a great rookie campaign. Under. 

Hughes, Oliver and a healthy Trent Murphy should get to the quarterback more this year than last.  With multiple points of pressure, The QB will run away from the first pressure into the waiting arms of the second. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Over

Image result for flying old plane gif
Edited by HOUSE

I’m going the under.

6-7 and I’m still wearing bandaids on my nipples.

Under thinking 4-6 sacks. He’s going to be a rotational DT and needs some refinement on his pass rush. However I see a large number of tackle for loss, that’s was his strength in college. Overall, he’s still going to be a beast this year. I just think he needs a year of coaching and working in the system to eclipse 9 plus sacks 

Closer to 4 than 9. He is a rookie playing against lots of guys who have a few more years in the weight room.

10 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Im going to go out on a limb and say there is a 50% chance it is 9 or over and a 50% chance it is 9 or under. 

So what you're saying is that it there is a 0% chance he gets exactly 9 sacks. Interesting...

• Like (+1) 1

Under.  Leslie Frazier doesn't like to scheme the defensive line to get an aggressive pass rush.

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m going the under.

6-7 and I’m still wearing bandaids on my nipples.

right.... i'll take the under by a hair and it'll still be a real nice rookie year.

5 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Invites went out this week. Rsvp is due in a month. We actually sent north of 200. She is the kind of girl that had 20 kids say they were coming to her birthday party and 4 showed ip. That was alot of pizza left over. If just aunts, uncles, 1st and second cousins show up it will be 125.we shall see.

We went to a destination wedding at a resort in the Bahamas last month. It got touchy, as SOME of the first cousins were invited.....but some were not. I’ll never fault anyone if I’m not invited. You have to draw the line somewhere. My son’s GF used to be a wedding planner, doing 300+ in a year. She thinks spending that kind of money is CRAZY! You could put a down payment on a house or have a big party. Hmmmm 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Im going to go out on a limb and say there is a 50% chance it is 9 or over and a 50% chance it is 9 or under. 

That means there is 0% of getting 9 sacks.  Check your math to see that I am right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

I will say under as well but I would not be disappointed with 5-6 sacks for a rookie. What I will love is a good push up the middle against the Pats* to prevent Brady from stepping up in the pocket. Make him uncomfortable.