“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

16 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

No, I thinks it is a bunch of you fools!  Keep looking like asses.  If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded!  Hopefully Darwin takes over!

The only people who are getting hurt are doing it to themselves. No one else is in danger. If a man wants drink 20 beers, slam a 5th of whiskey and then jump off of a truck bed onto a flaming folding table, he should have the freedom to do so.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
politicized language
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

They might find other fans choosing to re-engage the live experience as well..

Putting a consistent winner on the field might accomplish this, but if the trend continues it won't . 20 years of mediocrity and still the attendance is good thanks mostly to tailgating. I remember fights in the stands and drunk dudes trying to run around the stadium in the 90s, but there was no smartphone to record it. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Capco said:

The law enforcement at the games are massive dbags, but when you're corralling thousands of drunk people (especially after a loss), things are bound to get hectic.  

If people want to see less cop beat downs, one way to do that is to curb the drunken, reckless behavior in the parking lots.  

I understand that won't stop butthead cops from being dbags though. 

Once we were walking to our cars when our buddy got into a pissing match with a sheriff deputy.  His brother goes to tap the cop on his back shoulder to ask what's going on, at which point the cop's partner body checks the brother against a fence, screaming "Don't you EVER put your hands on a LEO!"

Never 

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The only people who are getting hurt are doing it to themselves. No one else is in danger. If a man wants drink 20 beers, slam a 5th of whiskey and then jump off of a truck bed onto a flaming folding table, he should have the freedom to do so. The Bills play in America and if you don't like it, take that commie bull#### elsewhere. ???

That man is performing his antics on someone elses private property. He is only free to do those things in his own home, where he's liable. His attitude is the real problem here. He does not have the rights or freedoms to do that ***** on someone elses insurance. People like him need to grow up and be an adult at some point in their lives.

Edited by MacGyver
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, MacGyver said:

This "Tailgate Village" sounds like a social conditioning program to get fans ready for tailgating areas at the new downtown stadium. You won't be able to bring any of your own food or equipment, you must buy grill time and whatever BBQ provisions are sold in these areas.  

It's because it's a mess!  Go visit the parking lots on Monday Morning.  You can provision a third world country.  Busses worst offenders.

People are slobs.  Slobs cost everybody.

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Have not been to a game since Bills shifted their selling policy favoring scalpers over groups so I find it surprising that so many groups of drunks are able to get tickets.

I make a ton of purchases when I am drunk and I don’t care about the cost until I see my bank statement the next day! ? ?

18 hours ago, Cson76 said:

All this does is eliminate people jumping off of buses onto tables.  Still drink on the way to the game, all morning until game time.  They are just moving the masses to another location.  

Correct -- with security staff in place, no doubt.  Excellent move in my opinion.

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I thought that was when they canned Rex and Doug?

This is all part of the NFLs bigger picture of where they see the future of attendance. From ripping out seats in favor of more expensive corporate boxes to PCLs. They want the elite and corporate sponsors to be the ones to actually attend the game, sold as a status symbol as the place to be, as the Cowboys stadium is the prime example, pay a fortune, sip a Chardonnay and be seen while pushing the Joe lunch pails home to watch on Sunday ticket, stream, or on national broadcast to keep veiwership up for the big bread and butter t.v. contracts.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I was at a game where a drunk died face down in a creek.

It happens.

Yes, outside Drinking fountains are a problem

4 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

This is all part of the NFLs bigger picture of where they see the future of attendance. From ripping out seats in favor of more expensive corporate boxes to PCLs. They want the elite and corporate sponsors to be the ones to actually attend the game, sold as a status symbol as the place to be, as the Cowboys stadium is the prime example, pay a fortune, sip a Chardonnay and be seen while pushing the Joe lunch pails home to watch on Sunday ticket, stream, or on national broadcast to keep veiwership up for the big bread and butter t.v. contracts.

Correct. It used to be a working man's game. It no longer is.