“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

If it happens on private property owned by the Bills, it absolutely IS the business of the Pegulas. If someone dies in the Bills parking lot, does any part of you doubt that the family will be bringing a lawsuit against the Pegulas?

Another problem with our society.  Law suits.  So how many times has somebody died?

• Like (+1) 1

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/01/buffalo-bills-unveil-new-tailgate-policy-new-era-field/

Aimed at curbing large groups of fans traveling to the game via buses or limos, the Bills announced a policy that will require the large vehicles to purchase a tailgating package for its occupants and those traveling by bus or limo are no longer allowed to tailgate at their vehicle. Instead, the Bills will charge these fans to tailgate in an area designated as the “Tailgate Village.”

The cost for a 20-person vehicle is $300, then $600 for a 40-passenger vehicle and $900 for a 60-person vehicle. That’s $15 per passenger, and is paid in advance of a parking pass being issued. Vehicles that do not want to tailgate will have to pay $100 for a parking pass still, but are not required to purchase a tailgate package.

“We want to provide a safe and fun experience in the Bus and Limo Lot,” said Bills Vice President of Operations and Guest Experience, Andy Major.

10 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

In this case the cop's partner was 1000% right.  They are trying to corral 70,000+ hooligans, you simply do not touch them under any circumstances period.  

Yep. Civilian was an idiot for doing that,. Unfortunately that’s the world we live in. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing will change anything as long as the stadium is out in OP. Sure the massive groups, might be more fragmented, but there are still plenty of places for idiots to congregate and do dumb things. This is about money, not fan experience or safety. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

In this case the cop's partner was 1000% right.  They are trying to corral 70,000+ hooligans, you simply do not touch them under any circumstances period.  

And I do get that, as I noted the situation in my first sentence.  Tapping someone on the shoulder to ask a question in and of itself isn't illegal (afaik?), but like you said you have to be aware of the whole situation.  You're outstretching your arm toward a LEO in the middle of a crowded stadium lot while that LEO is in the middle of detaining someone.  

Some people won't look at it like that though.  They will be upset that a guy trying to ask a question got body checked (you should have heard the crowd when he hit the fence).  

Bottom line though, nothing happens if my drunk buddy doesn't start the pissing match to begin with.  God he was such an idiot then (this was like 10 years ago).  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/01/buffalo-bills-unveil-new-tailgate-policy-new-era-field/

Aimed at curbing large groups of fans traveling to the game via buses or limos, the Bills announced a policy that will require the large vehicles to purchase a tailgating package for its occupants and those traveling by bus or limo are no longer allowed to tailgate at their vehicle. Instead, the Bills will charge these fans to tailgate in an area designated as the “Tailgate Village.”

The cost for a 20-person vehicle is $300, then $600 for a 40-passenger vehicle and $900 for a 60-person vehicle. That’s $15 per passenger, and is paid in advance of a parking pass being issued. Vehicles that do not want to tailgate will have to pay $100 for a parking pass still, but are not required to purchase a tailgate package.

“We want to provide a safe and fun experience in the Bus and Limo Lot,” said Bills Vice President of Operations and Guest Experience, Andy Major.

I’d be interested to see what is included with that fee. I’m sure it’s a bad deal.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Of course I do. This type of incident was unusual and not common at games. Of course the liberal rag is going to stoke the flames. Doesn’t happen on the reg, like the rowdy bizzaro drunken behavior at every single game. Get it ? That was the point Logic made and I concurred. You might be the one with a comprehension issue. 

Well you should probably acknoweledge that it happened and not try to say your not aware of it.  BTW youre the one with liberal idealigy.

This is interesting for a few reasons. I still think the best way to curb the problem is to win games. The Bills were so bad for so long; it’s not a surprise that it got so out of hand.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

I’d be interested to see what is included with that fee. I’m sure it’s a bad deal.

a place to park you fat ass and nothing else and tailgate.

not that having a fat as is wrong .....  just saying 

Just now, Juice_32 said:

This is interesting for a few reasons. I still think the best way to curb the problem is to win games. The Bills were so bad for so long; it’s not a surprise that it got so out of hand.

LOL

Drunken fools will be drunken fools ...  Win, Lose or Draw 

51 minutes ago, boater said:

They had to do something to show they actively managing the game day environment-game day experience is a huge priority for the league.

I thought that was when they canned Rex and Doug?

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

And I do get that, as I noted the situation in my first sentence.  Tapping someone on the shoulder to ask a question in and of itself isn't illegal (afaik?), but like you said you have to be aware of the whole situation.  You're outstretching your arm toward a LEO in the middle of a crowded stadium lot while that LEO is in the middle of detaining someone.  

Some people won't look at it like that though.  They will be upset that a guy trying to ask a question got body checked (you should have heard the crowd when he hit the fence).  

Bottom line though, nothing happens if my drunk buddy doesn't start the pissing match to begin with.  God he was such an idiot then (this was like 10 years ago).  

The cop should probably follow the general rule when it comes to concerts and things of that nature and let it be.  Instead he decided he was gonna be Wyatt Earp over some petty BS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

a place to park you fat ass and nothing else and tailgate.

not that having a fat as is wrong .....  just saying 

LOL

I mean, once you are in this village. How many drink and food vouchers does that come with. I assume you aren’t letting grills in there.

This would be a serious deterrent to taking a bus.

I go to about three games a year on average for about 15 years now. Last year I was in the bus lot twice. I don’t know where all of this stuff is happening. I sure do hear about it, but I rarely see anything. 

I saw ONE table incident a few years ago. From all accounts you’d think 30k strong do it in unison. Sure, you get the occasional knucklehead, that’s standard at a football game with 80 thousand people. 

Ive been to other stadiums and it’s pretty much on par outside of the stadiums that are located in the middle of the city. I haven’t seen this insanity everyone is talking about.  

At this point it seems more urban urban legend than reality. What’s worse is it’s our own fans too afraid to see for themselves slandering the most. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

The cop should probably follow the general rule when it comes to concerts and things of that nature and let it be.  Instead he decided he was gonna be Wyatt Earp over some petty BS.

As we were walking by, my buddy looked at the cop funny.  Basically looked him up and down, giving him a look like, "you ain't sh|t."  Didn't say anything.  Didn't make any aggressive movements.  Just a look.  That's what started the whole thing.  Cop felt he had to pull him aside and teach him a lesson.  

Again, once it started my buddy didn't help things at all by being himself, but yeah.  That was how it started.  

I agree, but there are a percentage of people that will want to be coherent for relevant games. Obviously it will not stop it all. Winning helps.

From what I saw, last season was more mild. I think part of that was because people wanted to see Allen and not be blacked out for it.

1 minute ago, Capco said:

As we were walking by, my buddy looked at the cop funny.  Basically looked him up and down, giving him a look like, "you ain't sh|t."  Didn't say anything.  Didn't make any aggressive movements.  Just a look.  That's what started the whole thing.  Cop felt he had to pull him aside and teach him a lesson.  

Again, once it started my buddy didn't help things at all by being himself, but yeah.  That was how it started.  

Cops must be trained to be #######s.  Either that's part of the training, or that position just attracts #######s...

• Haha (+1) 1

Here is what I don’t get with NFL tailgating and it’s not just the Bills. Tailgating is a huge part of college football games and I’ve been to many campuses. No incidents that I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen more incidents inside the stadiums than outside.  Why is it different with NFL? There are giant lots on campus used for tailgating and some are even free parking. A large percentage of these tailgaters never even go into the game!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cson76 said:

All this does is eliminate people jumping off of buses onto tables.  Still drink on the way to the game, all morning until game time.  They are just moving the masses to another location.  

Maybe a tailgate village fight club?!

10 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I waited a long time to get to this thread on page 2. This is exactly it. The people I see acting terribly and giving the tailgate experience a bad public view are all pretty young and not of the "winning" generation between 1988-2000. It's solely an event to get blasted and who gives a crap about the actual game. 

***Please note: I've met PLENTY of great, younger fans, at Hammer's Lot and elsewhere around the stadium in the past five years and of course there's always a few duds that ruin things for the rest of us. @LeviF91 you fit into the good group along with all of @plenzmd1 's myriad kids, adopted strangers, and vagabonds. @mead107 definitely needs to clean up his act, however.........?.***

2 minutes ago, teef said:

Maybe a tailgate village fight club?!

Hmmmm. We should start a "Royal Rumble" thread about the 30 filthiest brawlers on TBD and who would win in the end........

18 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Let's say you have a 60 passenger bus, they will charge you $100 for a parking pass and no tailgating.  That's $6 a head to park.  If you want to tailgate it becomes $15 a head.  So you're really only paying an additional $9.  How much value do you expect for $9???  Even if I'm interpreting that incorrectly and they are charging an additional $15 per person to tailgate, fine, what precisely do you expect for $15?  You know what most of that $15 will go toward?  Additional security for the tailgating area.  Every bit of that security is warranted based on repeated past behavior by drunken morons.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the idiots in the bus lot, they brought this on themselves.  Everyone else that tailgates?  Consider this a shot fired across your collective bows.  There are plenty of places that restrict tailgating activity to specific parking lots.