“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

3 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

they said you can bring your own food but never said you can bring your own drinks did they?

Yeah according to reading about it you ABSOLUTELY can bring in your own stuff. So yes is it is Absolutely about stopping the idiotic things that have been occurring 

Edited by MAJBobby

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

So you can’t show that PASSION without the Booz and table smashing and all those knucklehead acts?  

Fact is is they can’t grow up so Bills will force it. Thank them 

People were bringing kegs into war memorial and they were just as rowdy IF NOT MORE SO... also don’t know if your serious but read my last line

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BOOZE... Bills tailgating has to do with PASSION... there are TONS  of tailgaters who don’t get wasted but still have really fun tailgates

war memorial was crazy... I was there

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Different as I am breaking the law. Just ask Disney. See lawsuits all the time down here because an idiot did something they shouldn’t have done on their Property and got Hurt. 

Even if if it isn’t paid out BILLABLE hours being laid out to get it dismissed. 

So yeah Signs do not release you of liability. 

Signs are like waivers. They help in that they show people knew what they were getting into but they do not release liability. If you have a wet floor sign down and someone slips and falls they can (and will still file a claim). Things like friction co-efficient, cleaning solution application, following manufacturer’s suggested use, will all be brought into play and the carrier will pay. One of my client’s has the janitorial contract at the airport and we see it all of the time. Fortunately for them, they have a strong sub agreement in place (which WILL supersede an insurance policy). These claims all get passed down to the sub.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah according to reading about it you ABSOLUTELY can bring in your own stuff. So yes is it is Absolutely about stopping the idiotic things that have been occurring 

that and a cash grab ok. so i heard it will hold 4000 people is that enough for the entire bus lot?

2 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

100% correct. there are 100 different scenarios we can go through on this it just depends on the situation

So in this situation Bills are inviting you onto their facility to tailgate and behave responsibly. A Bills fan jumps off a bus. Breaks his neck and sues. $$$$$ would be paid. That is what they are trying to avoid 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

People were bringing kegs into war memorial and they were just as rowdy IF NOT MORE SO... also don’t know if your serious but read my last line

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BOOZE... Bills tailgating has to do with PASSION... there are TONS  of tailgaters who don’t get wasted but still have really fun tailgates

And that is Fine. Tell me how this policy and kicking the idiocy off their lots kills the PASSION

I bring grills, coolers, several courses to cook, coffee, etc. That is just inconvenient enough to huff from the lot across to this village and back before the game.

People will buy more catering. I can’t believe this is even debatable.

Once again, sounds like a great service if it wasn’t forced.

that and a cash grab ok. so i heard it will hold 4000 people is that enough for the entire bus lot?

Cool so that 15 bucks a head gives tables, chairs, help setting up, help breaking down. Cleanup. So how is that a cash grab again?

So in this situation Bills are inviting you onto their facility to tailgate and behave responsibly. A Bills fan jumps off a bus. Breaks his neck and sues. $$$$$ would be paid. That is what they are trying to avoid 

And that is Fine. Tell me how this policy and kicking the idiocy off their lots kills the PASSION

I really haven’t read much about there new policy.. I don’t take limos into the game...

they have evey right to police their lots

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I think that’s the point. This isn’t taking that away from anyone. There are other lots that allow it, just not bus and limo. This is targeted at a specific group where the vast majority of these injuries have taken place. They aren’t doing this to take away from the people that have a few beers. This is designed to stop the lunacy that has occurred in that lot. Yes, it isn’t the majority of the people but it is enough that it warranted change. The Bills have a LOT of exposure and deep pockets. They would rather take some control than end up writing checks to drunk idiots. This is for the safety of those than have proven to not be able to keep themselves safe. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

I bring grills, coolers, several courses to cook, coffee, etc. That is just inconvenient enough to huff from the lot across to this village and back before the game.

What part of they will help set up and tear down do people not understand 

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Or you could just not park in the Bills bus/limo lot? That way you wouldn’t be forced to move from your spot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Or you could just not park in the Bills bus/limo lot? That way you wouldn’t be forced to move from your spot. 

Or in your buss to replace the tables and chairs  that you would set up (because they are provided) add a couple Red Wagons. Too easy 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I certainly won’t be. 

Or in your buss to replace the tables and chairs  that you would set up (because they are provided) add a couple Red Wagons. Too easy 

Enjoy the village. 

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I certainly won’t be. 

Enjoy the village. 

I actually will. Just like I have in every college venue I have been too. A ready made tailgate all I am my friends have to do is show up and have a good time. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

As an out of towner and with clients in midwest NFL cities, I can see why the Bills want to do this.  The Bills fan base (right or wrong) is viewed as nothing but a bunch of out of control drunken idiots who get laughed at by people who see them on youtube.  

You have to take the Bills homer glasses off and see how other people see you to truly understand why the Bills want to do this.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool so that 15 bucks a head gives tables, chairs, help setting up, help breaking down. Cleanup. So how is that a cash grab again?

because they are forcing people that take busses and limos to do it

...not exactly, they are forcing people that take buses and limos THAT PARK IN THE BUS/LIMO lot to do it. There are other avenues for buses and limos. My buddies have a bus and park in the grass lot.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

They are not if you go to that lot You can pay Zero and go to other areas for tailgate. Or park in another lot they are not forcing anything. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mbossman2 said:

As an out of towner and with clients in midwest NFL cities, I can see why the Bills want to do this.  The Bills fan base (right or wrong) is viewed as nothing but a bunch of out of control drunken idiots who get laughed at by people who see them on youtube.  

You have to take the Bills homer glasses off and see how other people see you to truly understand why the Bills want to do this.

This is SOOOOOOO FARRRRRR from accurate, cannot even begin to describe it. We are viewed as people who like to tip a few, have a great time, are welcoming to out of town fans..and love and support out team no matter what. Shocking every player says can't wait to play in from of Bills mafia!

Bills want to do this cause the bus lot has consistently been the one lot the Bills own that becomes a pigsty, and is more an eyesore than anything else.And yep, will also be easier to spot the folks who maybe need a water or two before going in..good for them

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

Something tells me that at 11:55 AM, it is going to very difficult to find available people who are tasked with carrying all your stuff back to the bus.

Then Red Wagon yourself. Not hard put everything left in the wagon. Wheels roll very easy on pavement. Pack up your stuff in that wagon and wheel away. TailgateGuys are responsible for cleaning up the site. As reported. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...not exactly, they are forcing people that take buses and limos THAT PARK IN THE BUS/LIMO lot to do it. There are other avenues for buses and limos. My buddies have a bus and park in the grass lot.

does anyone know if ECC takes busses ?

The talk about limiting liability is just proving my point that this was a FINANCIAL decision. How can we reduce exposure while also turning the solution into a revenue driver? Tailgate village.

Sound business decision? Yes.

I am pushing back on those of you applauding the Bills for their strong stance on combating over intoxication and table breaking culture. If that was actually the goal the solution would look different. They don’t get their backs patted for fan experience. That take is too homerish to me.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

By forcing i mean if i want to go to the game like i have 50 times before on a bus in the lot i now HAVE to spend more money if i want to do it the way we've been doing it for years.

Edited by Wsam4031

1 minute ago, Wsam4031 said:

By forcing i mean if i want to go to the game like i have 50 times before on a bus in the lot i now HAVE to spend more money if i want to do it the way we've been doing it for years.

Not called forcing. That is called evolution of Business. 

Forcing means in in order to attend a Game this is the ONLY way to attend the game 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Wsam4031 said:

ok man obviously not gonna agree on anything 2 different views.

When Gas increases is that Forcing you? 

What occurred is One option for Tailgating in One lot changed. That is what happened. They are not FORCING anything. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

When Gas increases is that Forcing you? 

What occurred is One option for Tailgating in One lot changed. That is what happened. They are not FORCING anything. 

Andy Major???

11 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

does anyone know if ECC takes busses ?

I’m not sure, but would think that more may start.

9 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

They force you to spending more on your tickets, your parking, beers, etc... It’s an evolution.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We used to tailgate there in the good ol days may have ot go back and try. Sucks to break our tradition. that's what really sucks

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They force you to spending more on your tickets, your parking, beers, etc... It’s an evolution.

Maybe i just see it differently because that's where we always park.

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And, BTW, they're forcing people that take buses and limos that park in the bus/limo lot THAT WANT TO TAILGATE to pay the $15.  If you don't want to tailgate, you don't need to pay the $15.   Of course, you also need to question your life as to why you're at a Bills game and NOT tailgating, but that's on you...

From the Q&A link a few pages ago.

Q: So... boil it down for me in the bus lot. If you’re coming on a bus, you now have two options?  

A: If you’re not tailgating, nothing really changes from last year… you need to purchase your permit in advance. It’s still $100, but there’s no redeposit required.

The tailgating option is really dependent on the capacity/size of the vehicle. The costs really break down to $15 per-person, regardless the size of your group. Those rates can be seen at tailgateguys.com

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

And, BTW, they're forcing people that take buses and limos that park in the bus/limo lot THAT WANT TO TAILGATE to pay the $15.  If you don't want to tailgate, you don't need to pay the $15.   Of course, you also need to question your life as to why you're at a Bills game and NOT tailgating, but that's on you...

From the Q&A link a few pages ago.

Q: So... boil it down for me in the bus lot. If you’re coming on a bus, you now have two options?  

A: If you’re not tailgating, nothing really changes from last year… you need to purchase your permit in advance. It’s still $100, but there’s no redeposit required.

The tailgating option is really dependent on the capacity/size of the vehicle. The costs really break down to $15 per-person, regardless the size of your group. Those rates can be seen at tailgateguys.com

So they are not forcing, they are saying the price to Tailgate in that lot is $15 per head.  If you want to tailgate you pay that.  Just like if you want to buy an iPhone you pay the 1000 to do that.

Forcing (might be) even though you are not going to tailgate you have to pay the extra $15 dollars a head to use this lot, an oo by the way there are no other options around.  (Even that though is not really forcing, because you can still make a decision.)

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Did anyone actually use "Tailgate Guys" last year?

Used them at UCF games last year

Had a nice set up.  tent Tables, Chairs, Full media two TVs .  Ice and coolers, brought my own Grill, food and beer.  

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm still looking for their definition of "tailgate"?  What can I get away with if my bus parks in the stadium lot, but my group chooses to not partake in tailgate village?

Drinking hidden coat beers?

Or, Just hop off the bus, walk yourself over to Hammer's and there you'll see the real definition of "tailgate" ??

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm still looking for their definition of "tailgate"?  What can I get away with if my bus parks in the stadium lot, but my group chooses to not partake in tailgate village?

Pretty Clear

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/parking

"Please note: Tailgating Limousines must have a vehicle capacity of 11 passengers or fewer. Passengers in vehicles with a capacity of 12 or greater will not be permitted to tailgate or loiter at or near their vehicle and may only tailgate within the Tailgate Village powered by Tailgate Guys. See Bus & Limo Lot for more information."

Bus & Limo Parking Lot

The Buffalo Bills are proud to promote a safe and fun tailgating atmosphere for Bus & Limo passengers in Tailgate Village powered by Tailgate Guys within the Bus & Limo Lot. The Tailgate Village is the exclusive area for fans to responsibly tailgate in the Bus & Limo Lot prior to Bills home games. There is no tailgating or loitering permitted next to or around parked buses or limo buses.

So get a limo with a seating capacity of 11 or less and you can tailgate away just like normal in the bus and limo lot.

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

The talk about limiting liability is just proving my point that this was a FINANCIAL decision. How can we reduce exposure while also turning the solution into a revenue driver? Tailgate village.

Sound business decision? Yes.

I am pushing back on those of you applauding the Bills for their strong stance on combating over intoxication and table breaking culture. If that was actually the goal the solution would look different. They don’t get their backs patted for fan experience. That take is too homerish to me.

You are correct.....it is a financial decision in both creating revenue and avoiding paying lawsuits. If you were the Bills and bus/limo companies were making money off of  your product and on your property.....wouldnt you do something to capture some of that revenue? I wonder how many law suits have been filed against the Bills and either settled or dismissed for parking lot injuries. This is probably a step in fighting any future law suits in that the Bills have provided a tail gate area that is "safe".  Separating people from their bus gives them no reason to be jumping off the bus. Also the bus can act as a barrier so that Police cannot view what is going on. I am sure the NFL has had some influence into the Bills getting it cleaned up.