“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

Man im part of those drunk idiots but i've cleaned myself up over the years.  Love tailgaiting but some people are just getting stupid.  On the flip side the bills have sucked for so long fans are forced to drink to bear the pain/make getting smacked by the patriots livable.  The direction were going in gives me hope I wont have to get sauced to forget

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Two Fans Enter!

Beyond Tailgate Village!

waaaaaaalker.  waaaaaalker.

7 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

masterblaster3.jpg

WHO RUN TAILGATE VILLAGE?

SAY LOUDER!!!

master blaster!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dont forget the completely sober law enforcement beating the hell out of people.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/03/editorial-a-deputy-and-a-department-out-of-control/

Hopefully you know how to read @Boatdrinks

The sheriffs and security at bills games are ridiculous. It’s crazy how many times they assault people already in handcuffs. 

I loved the tailgating back in the day when I lived there, and went to games with my grad school buddies.  We'd hang out, have some beverages, but we never got blind drunk because we wanted to actually watch the game.  I don't think it is a requirement to be completely drunk to smash a table, you can get a buzz on without getting ridiculous.

As for those arguing you should have free will, that it is the man leaning on your, etc.  Unfortunately those same people many times would be the first ones to sue the organization if a loved one did something really dumb on their property and hurt themselves.  The Pegulas have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for all the patrons.

• Like (+1) 3

what do think sustained us during the Decade of Fail? It wasn't 7 - 9 football. Things have calmed down considerably at Bills games. There used to be fights constantly now you might see one. 

This is the Goodell PR machine trying to make things all smarmy for the advertisers in the face of declining attendance. When the corporate suits come in, the fun is sure to be heading for the exits . I guess our only recourse will be to park further from the stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1

Feel a need to chime in on this as all it seems to be is misinformation and fear. No one is taking away tailgating. They are doing what COUNTLESS other stadiums around the country have done. They are designating an area and overseeing it. This happens at pretty much every college stadium and if you’ve ever been to a big time college experience it’s still a blast. People still get obnoxiously drunk. They just don’t end up fighting or jumping off a bus through a table. No one is taking your fun away. They are taking their liability away and are doing it in the best interest of those that can’t contain themselves.

Additionally, this is limited to those coming in a bus or limo. If you just can’t handle not being able to RKO someone through a table, park in the grass lot and drive yourself. 

• Like (+1) 4

As to limited tailgating if they move downtown, my sister in law and nieces came in last year to watch the Bills-Colts game.  Downtown Indy has plenty of parking areas where one can tailgate, including one right next to the stadium that was designated a lot for Bills fans to party before the game.  We had a great time there, and I even did my first ever shot out of a bowling ball.  I am sure if the Bills build a downtown stadium there will be similar opportunities down town as they have in Indy.  These things grow organically.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Like A Mofo

what is confusing about what i said? 

The Pre game tailgating has been a central point to Bills games for 40+ years

fathers have given their sons the love for the Bills and passed down generations of traditions tailgating 

And Ed Oliver specifically mentioned table smashing and Bills mafia as to why he is excited to play here... our fans are passionate 

it has nothing to do with boozing unless you make it that.. it has to do with PASSION for the Bills

So you can’t show that PASSION without the Booz and table smashing and all those knucklehead acts?  

Fact is is they can’t grow up so Bills will force it. Thank them 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The sheriffs and security at bills games are ridiculous. It’s crazy how many times they assault people already in handcuffs. 

Makes em feel tough.

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So you can’t show that PASSION without the Booz and table smashing and all those knucklehead acts?  

Fact is is they can’t grow up so Bills will force it. Thank them 

Yup because it has nothing to do with money.?

Edited by formerlyofCtown

18 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The "Tailgate Village" is the beginning of the end of the Buffalo Bills as we know it. The hardcore tailgating was part of our identity; now everyone will now be contained in some lame beer garden. I'm proud of the guys that set things on fire and bodyslam each other; it's part of being a Bills fan. Who hasn't jumped off a tailgate of a truck and smashing a table? Our team has been an absolute joke over the last 20 years, and our fans are the only thing worth talking about most years.  

I haven't jumped off a tailgate of a truck and smashed a table.  hmmmm

20 hours ago, Capco said:

The law enforcement at the games are massive dbags, but when you're corralling thousands of drunk people (especially after a loss), things are bound to get hectic.  

If people want to see less cop beat downs, one way to do that is to curb the drunken, reckless behavior in the parking lots.  

I understand that won't stop butthead cops from being dbags though. 

Once we were walking to our cars when our buddy got into a pissing match with a sheriff deputy.  His brother goes to tap the cop on his back shoulder to ask what's going on, at which point the cop's partner body checks the brother against a fence, screaming "Don't you EVER put your hands on a LEO!"

Wheres Shady and his buddys when you need em.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I haven't jumped off a tailgate of a truck and smashed a table.  hmmmm

Wuss

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MacGyver said:

That man is performing his antics on someone elses private property. He is only free to do those things in his own home, where he's liable. His attitude is the real problem here. He does not have the rights or freedoms to do that ***** on someone elses insurance. People like him need to grow up and be an adult at some point in their lives.

...He's also free to do those things if the private property owner allows it.  Hammer doesn't allow it and even posts signage and tosses people when they don't abide by it.  It's not like the property owner has no options when they open up (or, gasp, choose not to open up) their property for parking.

Do those guys still need to grow up?  Probably. 

Oh, and as far as all the hullabaloo about cops...how about you try to not get in a pissing match with a cop?  In my experience I've found that the best way of not having poor interactions with police are to not be a prick and to follow the law.  Results typically don't vary.

Edited by LeviF91

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I was at a game where a drunk died face down in a creek.

It happens.

Then the bills put up the perimeter fence to the lots on California. 

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Makes em feel tough.

Yup because it has nothing to do with money.?

Of course it has to do with money.  the NFL IS A BUSINESS.

It also have to do with curbing the bad publicity

The Drunken Idiots

The Potential for Lawsuits.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Wheres Shady and his buddys when you need em.

Wuss

Wuss????

Nah I prefer to use my brain cells

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The only people who are getting hurt are doing it to themselves. No one else is in danger. If a man wants drink 20 beers, slam a 5th of whiskey and then jump off of a truck bed onto a flaming folding table, he should have the freedom to do so. The Bills play in America and if you don't like it, take that commie bull#### elsewhere. ???

And then when he Breaks his neck promptly files a lawsuit against the Bills and the lot owner.  Your right it is America.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Are there actually people who take a limo to the game? 

I did a couple years ago - but we had him drop us off at Hammer's.  We're Hammer's Lot people, not Limo Lot people ?

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Feel a need to chime in on this as all it seems to be is misinformation and fear. No one is taking away tailgating. They are doing what COUNTLESS other stadiums around the country have done. They are designating an area and overseeing it. This happens at pretty much every college stadium and if you’ve ever been to a big time college experience it’s still a blast. People still get obnoxiously drunk. They just don’t end up fighting or jumping off a bus through a table. No one is taking your fun away. They are taking their liability away and are doing it in the best interest of those that can’t contain themselves.

Additionally, this is limited to those coming in a bus or limo. If you just can’t handle not being able to RKO someone through a table, park in the grass lot and drive yourself. 

Kirb, I feel like you're not looking at this with enough of a conspiratorial lens.  Now, if you have any tinfoil in your kitchen, I can coach you through making a hat that will start you down the path where you'll understand this is a just a plan by The Man to take our money and eat our liquor! :beer:

• Haha (+1) 3