NFL Draft - Day 1 (put your general pick commentary here)

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Look, I love defense. I do. But this team needs OFFENSE more than anything else.

If they fail to come out of this draft with a quality WR, it's a fail, IMO.

No, the remainder of the draft can be great without a WR. It’s silly to think that the success or failure of an entire draft is dependent on one skill position. 

Edited by Jdragon2
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Look, I love defense. I do. But this team needs OFFENSE more than anything else.

If they fail to come out of this draft with a quality WR, it's a fail, IMO.

I think the DL was the biggest position of need going into the draft.  Still need an edge rusher.  After that, I'd like to see an OT and G.  I believe next year is loaded with WR, so Beane could be waiting for that.  

1 minute ago, Jdragon2 said:

No, the remainder of the draft can be great without a WR. It’s silly to think that the success or failure of an entire draft is dependent on one skill position. 

I'll remind you of that if the offense flounders.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And just like that, the guy we shoulda taken will be gone.

Giants took Lawrence. Is he big enough for you? There's a reason DK is still not picked, he's not #9 worthy and I like him. Not at 9 though. 

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m a big Metcalf fan but I don’t want trade up.  There will be a very good WR there at 40.

Teams are probably concerned about his neck. If there are any worries there I wouldn’t trade up for him.

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Snyder will undoubtedly insist that Haskins start immediately while Doug Williams and Gruden will probably want to break him in a bit behind McCoy and/or Keenum.  Snyder always likes to play with his new toys.  It will likely remain interesting in the House of Danny.

After picking up Keenum, I don't think so, unless he blows them away in Camp and Keenum looks horrible....

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'll remind you of that if the offense flounders.

If the offense flounders the only way you’re correct is if all of our receivers forget how to catch and the only reason we’re bad is a historically high drop rate.

Otherwise, again, it’s silly to think our success is dependent on drafting a specific skill group. 

• Like (+1) 1

Oliver and Phillips rushing the passer together on third down with Hughes and Zo on the outsides will be devastating. Oliver was top 3 rated against the run anod as a pass rusher last year.

Edited by Turk71