Schopp is losing his mind lol

1 hour ago, Radar said:

This may be true but the only reason I hear all this is because of second hand information because I will not even turn on GR anymore because of the caliber of programming.

The only reason i listen is because he is whats on when im going to work. I hope Sal takes over someday.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
7 minutes ago, stony said:

So Schopp is getting flamed for saying the Bills would've been morons for trading into the top 3 for a DT?  It would've made the Sammy trade palatable.  

He is getting flamed because he took that report from yesterday and ran with it like it was a done deal, insinuating the Bills FO was foolish.  Also for spending an entire segment of his show on draft day debating whether cauliflower is worthy for consumption.  Then ranking other vegetables in front of it.  Seriously he did that, on draft day, for an entire segment. 

They frequently spend entire segments talking nonsense on non-sports related subjects.  That is why I barely listen anymore.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

He is the only guy at all time slots  (on WGR) that is worth listening to IMO.

Sal is a dumb guy and clueless about what's really going on with the Bills; he knows nothing of hockey.

Bulldog is not much brighter and very tough to listen to as he is such a poor speaker; he stammers badly and perpetually has a frog in his throat.

Jeremy is a really dumb guy and just some broadcasting major stooge.

Howard is better than Jeremy and smarter than most of those guys over there but he is kind of laid back and doesn't really say anything worth listening to.  His natural voice is such that he is constantly losing his voice or in danger of losing it.

Murphy's show is Nazi Radio reminding us that the war is going extremely well in Russia each day.  No point in listening there whatsoever. 

The 2 instigators are moronic ex-pro hockey players but at least they are tuned into how things really play out on the inside of a pro sports team and have some useful insights into the Sabres for that reason.  Peters constantly raises his voice to talk over others and violates every broadcasting general rule every day.  

The kids who come on at night or odd hours sound like student interns.

Schopp, though not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, is by far the best broadcasting property at the station.

Mike you rascal , i new you had an account here. ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He is getting flamed because he took that report from yesterday and ran with it like it was a done deal, insinuating the Bills FO was foolish.  Also for spending an entire segment of his show on draft day debating whether cauliflower is worthy for consumption.  Then ranking other vegetables in front of it.  Seriously he did that, on draft day, for an entire segment. 

They frequently spend entire segments talking nonsense on non-sports related subjects.  That is why I barely listen anymore.

I listened.  I won't argue about veggies, but he hardly manipulated the dozens of reports suggesting a trade up was possible.  It was the topic of the day as far as the Bills are concerned.  I'm glad he hammered it and made it known it would've been horrible asset management.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, stony said:

I listened.  I won't argue about veggies, but he hardly manipulated the dozens of reports suggesting a trade up was possible.  It was the topic of the day as far as the Bills are concerned.  I'm glad he hammered it and made it known it would've been horrible asset management.  

In an age where everyone is trying to get every story as quickly as possible, I think his tone was embarrassing and childish.  He took the reports for Gospel and gave no credence to the fact that many of these reports are often wrong or exaggerated. 

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This board has a creepy obsession with Schopp.  I really don’t listen to him but some of you get offended when someone doubts the Bills. 

were not offended he is just an idiot who likes to argue for arguing sake and will oppose his own views over time. Like when he JUST LOVED the Watkins trade and trading up but now he states you SHOULD NEVER trade up. He really doesnt even like sports he just likes controversy and gambling.

Much rather have a guy who loves sports and is knowledgeable, like Sal.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

were not offended he is just an idiot who likes to argue for arguing sake and will oppose his own views over time. Like when he JUST LOVED the Watkins trade and trading up but now he states you SHOULD NEVER trade up. He really doesnt even like sports he just likes controversy and gambling.

Maybe and this is crazy, he learned from that Watkins trade.  And What you said about Schopp sums up everyone who talks about sports and politics for a living. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

. He really doesnt even like sports he just likes controversy and gambling.

Absolutely right.

Negativity is all he spouts.

You CAN have a sportscaster who likes and roots for the local teams, but can still intelligently criticize the teams.

and NO.................he isn't fooling anybody as some here suggest...................it's just the only station in town. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It became officially lost on November 8, 2016.  

Its made him extra extra miserable. 

Haven't listened to him or his show in any capacity (no interviews nothing) in well over 2 years.  It's not hard.  

what happened then ?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
17 minutes ago, dubs said:

Credit where credit is due: schopp was good today. 

I wouldn't know because it was such a hard listen yesterday, that I never bothered to turn them on today.  Even though draft day/days are the times of year I would usually listen to local sports radio the most.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

...any idea how we can help him speed up the process of losing his mind?......

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

In an age where everyone is trying to get every story as quickly as possible, I think his tone was embarrassing and childish.  He took the reports for Gospel and gave no credence to the fact that many of these reports are often wrong or exaggerated. 

Agree to disagree.  

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe and this is crazy, he learned from that Watkins trade.  And What you said about Schopp sums up everyone who talks about sports and politics for a living. 

True. Sports talk involves changing your mind often. And this anti-Schopp thing is creepy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've moved away and tune into WGR every once in awhile after games. I've listened to Schopp for years. Dude just does not come across as a happy individual in general, it's gotten worse over time to the point where "negative radio guy" really seems to be his lane right now. It's interesting radio if you enjoy listening to a guy who clearly doesn't really like what he's doing. Pure, open misery is definitely a bit different than what you normally find.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I've moved away and tune into WGR every once in awhile after games. I've listened to Schopp for years. Dude just does not come across as a happy individual in general, it's gotten worse over time to the point where "negative radio guy" really seems to be his lane right now. It's interesting radio if you enjoy listening to a guy who clearly doesn't really like what he's doing. Pure, open misery is definitely a bit different than what you normally find.

He certainly doesn't appear to enjoy his job, or even sports. He does seem to enjoy fantasy sports and betting, though.

Deep down I don't think he considers himself a Bills fan or even an NFL fan. Maybe a hockey fan. He just seems to go through the motions to me.

EDIT: Which is probably why he gets off on so many meaningless, silly tangents that go on and on for hours. Probably gets sick of sports.

Edited by MJS

4 hours ago, MJS said:

He certainly doesn't appear to enjoy his job, or even sports. He does seem to enjoy fantasy sports and betting, though.

Deep down I don't think he considers himself a Bills fan or even an NFL fan. Maybe a hockey fan. He just seems to go through the motions to me.

EDIT: Which is probably why he gets off on so many meaningless, silly tangents that go on and on for hours. Probably gets sick of sports.

I don’t think anyone playing in 2 dozen fantasy football leagues, as he does, is “sick” of sports per se. MS seems much more sick of the “bureaucracy” of sports, i.e. GMs, coaches, and owners than the games and players themselves.

4 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I don’t think anyone playing in 2 dozen fantasy football leagues, as he does, is “sick” of sports per se. MS seems much more sick of the “bureaucracy” of sports, i.e. GMs, coaches, and owners than the games and players themselves.

He admits to not even watching certain Bills games.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Then maybe it's time for WGR to relieve him of his job. Or maybe he should find a different job on his own accord. I wouldnt miss him one bit if I never heard his voice again.

Can someone who likes Schopp explain a little more about why they like him? To me he doesn't seem to understand football more than a random fan, and he doesn't seem to know the team all that well. He just seems like a random guy with lots of opinions without doing his homework.

So maybe if he was an expert I would value his opinion, but he's not, at least with football. Maybe he knows a lot about hockey or other sports.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Can someone who likes Schopp explain a little more about why they like him? To me he doesn't seem to understand football more than a random fan, and he doesn't seem to know the team all that well. He just seems like a random guy with lots of opinions without doing his homework.

So maybe if he was an expert I would value his opinion, but he's not, at least with football. Maybe he knows a lot about hockey or other sports.

He puts the anal in analytics.