Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s what I don’t get.  Part of what makes football great is you have a wide range of personalities.  I would rather people keep their politics private because I don’t care.  But I would be fine with Bosa and Rosen.  And that did hurt Rosen. 

You get that issue in any field of endeavor. As soon as you start taking sides, you will anger somebody.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think the Fins are clear winners.  Get a top 10 qb for a second rounder.  Worse comes to worse, they draft a guy next year.  I still think he can be very good and he got screwed. 

I  really don't think he will be much more than Tanenhill part deux

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

They fired their first year head coach and OC during the season.  But yes, it’s the rookie qb’s fault. 

I'm rooting for the same thing to take place in Miami this year, but I doubt it will happen because Gase was fired for wanting to win & if Miami gets the #1 pick, management will have a Mission Accomplished banner hanging at their 1st post season presser. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This aged quite well...

http://arizonasports.com/story/1512166/what-theyre-saying-about-the-cardinals-selection-of-josh-rosen/

In other news, Benoit who just gave us a "C" grade for Oliver, gave the Cards an "A" for Rosen in 2018. <sigh> to have job security like that guy with such meaningless hot air...:P

Channeling Bill Tobin...Who the hell is Andy Benoit?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

I  really don't think he will be much more than Tanenhill part deux

Maybe.  He also basically had the same passing stats as our qb.  Just like we would be stupid to give up on Allen now, I think it’s a good risk for the Fins. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s what I don’t get.  Part of what makes football great is you have a wide range of personalities.  I would rather people keep their politics private because I don’t care.  But I would be fine with Bosa and Rosen.  And that did hurt Rosen. 

Rosen rubbed a lot of GM's the wrong way as being outspoken, a know it all, and brash.  There were some Jay Cutler and Jeff George comparisons.  Just not a very likable person who lacks leadership skills.  A lot of teams (including possibly ours) soured on him because of that reputation.  I don't think politics played a big part.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe.  He also basically had the same passing stats as our qb.  Just like we would be stupid to give up on Allen now, I think it’s a good risk for the Fins. 

Yeah but I don't see him hurdling Anthony Barr anytime soon.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm rooting for the same thing to take place in Miami this year, but I doubt it will happen because Gase was fired for wanting to win & if Miami gets the #1 pick, management will have a Mission Accomplished banner hanging at their 1st post season presser. 

I kinda like their new coach.  Also, if they start Fins, I bet they don’t get the #1 overall.  Fitz will win some games for them. 

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Now on NFL Network they're saying the Dolphins think pick 48 is too high & are putting heat on Arizona to lower the price.  

I mean in a vacuum, I think 48 is a steal for a guy drafted top 10 last year.  But the Cards have no leverage and need to move him.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean in a vacuum, I think 48 is a steal for a guy drafted top 10 last year.  But the Cards have no leverage and need to move him.  

Why?  He's cheap for a while.  If the value isn't there- hold him as a backup.  Showcase him in the preseason, someone will get desperate.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I liked Rosen going into the draft last year, and still think he could be a good QB.

I like that each of the AFC East teams are going to end up with the top QBs from the 2018 class. I'll take an active balanced rivalry with the rest of the division over the crap we've all been through with the Pats.

I also like that the Dolphins will most likely mess this up so we dont have to worry too much.

WTF was Arizona thinking not taking calls and offers on him beforehand? They had the #1 pick! You dont have to keep secrets!

I'm with you.  I liked Rosen as well.   But something tells me the Fin's will **** him up more than even Arizona did--just because that's who they are, to paraphrase Dennis Green.

Anyway, the AFC East will always be interesting.   Which is as it should be...