Sign in to follow this  
Fred Slacks

Who Are Your Top Targets in Round 1 Assuming No Trade Up or Down?

Don't want Gary or Sweat with the injury asterisk. Oliver by far my first choice then actually I think either of the linebackers, then trade down, then Williams if no trade down.

My 3 that I figure are realistic are 

Ed Oliver 

TJ Hockenson 

Jonah Williams

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Don't want Gary or Sweat with the injury asterisk. Oliver by far my first choice then actually I think either of the linebackers, then trade down, then Williams if no trade down.

I can't recall where but it was saying someone in this draft has the same issue as Montez Sweat but he already had it fixed.  It is a relatively common fix...or something like that.  I may be wrong.  It is a freakin heart so maybe it is a bigger deal than I interpreted it.

1 hour ago, Fred Slacks said:

Looks like he might need shoulder surgery too?  Also he is just one of those guys I feel like teams take off their board after interviewing him because they just don't want to deal with his crazy.

I want to love DK but there are just too many red flags for me.  I don't think he has produced enough to warrant a top 10 pick.  In years past the top receivers have been obvious on all teams draft boards.  This year I feel like multiple guys could be the first selection depending which team ends up picking a WR first.

The best Wr in football last year,  OBJ, AB, and Hopkins were not sure fire top of teams boards.  Metcalf has elite potential, and at minimum he is an impact rookie from a deep threat and Redzone threat role in the offense.  The Bill's are a vertical heavy offense so Metcalf fits what they want to do.  His ability in the redzone is a real need for the offense aswell.  If he is available and Buffalo passes I would be shocked.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, purple haze said:

No.  I'd put him in Lo's spot, but adjust what I ask him to do as necessary.   I think Edmunds is going to be the MLB hell or high water and I'm good with that.  That trio would be Uber athletic.  

Purple..if that's the case..Edmunds needs to get stronger up top..recall the Indy game last year,which was another game that he couldn't shed interior lineman.

The bottom line...having a trio of White-Edmunds-Milano...oh my.

Some will say...why lay off of a DT(oliver)..I say..didn't we draft Harrison Phillips to fill the Kyle opening this year? 

Beane just might get this done... But I still think he trades down.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Rockin the Hock.

No love for Smith in the second round...he gets open.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. Oliver

2. TJ Hockenson 

3. Jonah Williams 

....it will be one of these 3

Agree. That’s been my list for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 2

Oliver or White. Both may be gone,then I’d go with either of the two offensive linemen.

Who I’d really love to have is Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

honestly, it really wont matter who I want at this point. lets just hope beane makes the right pick. I trust he will.

there is much talent to be had in the top 10, so he really can't go wrong.

trust the process.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. Oliver

2. TJ Hockenson 

3. Jonah Williams 

I’m starting to think this will be the case...and one of them ( at least) should still be there at 9..

My gut is telling me most likely TJ as I think Oliver will be gone..

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, purple haze said:

No.  I'd put him in Lo's spot, but adjust what I ask him to do as necessary.   I think Edmunds is going to be the MLB hell or high water and I'm good with that.  That trio would be Uber athletic.  

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Purple..if that's the case..Edmunds needs to get stronger up top..recall the Indy game last year,which was another game that he couldn't shed interior lineman.

Some will say...why lay off of a DT(oliver)..I say..didn't we draft Harrison Phillips to fill the Kyle opening this year? 

With three players of that caliber you would not box them into traditional LB roles.

You might start out that way but their true potential would be in confusing QBs as to who is doing what.

It's fun to think about but I'm pretty sure White will be long gone before Beane picks.

• Like (+1) 2

I want N'Keal Harry on this team.   I realize it's probably not a good idea at 9 so I'd understand if it's more appropriate to trade back to take him or trade back up. 

Of the guys who might still be on the board (not all of these will be, my order of preference at #9 is probably: Oliver, Hockenson, Taylor, Dillard/J. Williams and C Wilkins

46 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Edmunds definitely needs to get stronger, but most rookies do, especially Edmunds.  He's still 20.  He doesn't even have his natural man strength yet.   If Oliver is there he'd be my pick because an interior disruptor can control a game.  But White would be awesome too.  I think if Oliver is gone Beane will trade down.  I don't think he would take Hockenson at 9.

36 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

With three players of that caliber you would not box them into traditional LB roles.

You might start out that way but their true potential would be in confusing QBs as to who is doing what.

It's fun to think about but I'm pretty sure White will be long gone before Beane picks.

I agree White is gone before Bills pick.  I think McD likes Edmunds size/length in the middle.  But I'm sure Frazier and McD would be creative with all of them.

• Like (+1) 1

In no particular order...

Williams

Dillard

Taylor

Oliver

Wilkens

Hock

I think I would be happy with any of the above.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

I previously wanted Brian Burns, seems not to fit the defensive scheme Buffalo runs.

There seems to be a consensus, realistic  3 of J. Williams, TJ Hockenson, Ed Oliver

My fear is that they are drafted back to back by the Giants, Jaguars and Lions and we are kind of stuck at 9.

Choices are one of DK, Dillard, Fant, J. Taylor, Wilkins, Bush, Ferrell or Cody Ford.

I would draft Ford and line up the O-Line as Dawkins - Nsekhe - Morse - Spain - Ford

This would be the biggest line we could get, improve the running game and help Josh Allen.

Front office will choose one of Dillard or Wilkins if the original 3 are already drafted. 

Edited by quincy
spelling

3 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

DK Metcalf.

Unless I can get N'Keal Harry in the 2nd round, then I'll take Hockenson in round 1 and Harry in round 2.

Yes please. Hock and Harry. It’s a win win draft for me no matter what else Happens after that. 

Williams

Bosa

Reed

Oliver

or trade back

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. Oliver

2. TJ Hockenson 

3. Jonah Williams 

Quite a spread there.  

Oliver is the supposed high-upside guy who could wash out due to lack of size

Williams is about the opposite - high floor, but lack of size may limit him to a lesser-impact position at OG

Hockenson is in the sweet spot for me.

in the end, I could see the Bills pick coming down to Williams, Wilkins or Hockenson.  Yet, last year’s picks definitely fit the description of prototype physical traits, so that might argue against Williams and Oliver.

Oliver, Burns, Williams, Taylor, and Metcalf are my top stay at 9 realistic possibilities. 3 for a tradedown are Wilkins, Hock, and Lawrence.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. Oliver

2. TJ Hockenson 

3. Jonah Williams 

That's how I have it too, in that order