Who Are Your Top Targets in Round 1 Assuming No Trade Up or Down?

46 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Purple..if that's the case..Edmunds needs to get stronger up top..recall the Indy game last year,which was another game that he couldn't shed interior lineman.

The bottom line...having a trio of White-Edmunds-Milano...oh my.

Some will say...why lay off of a DT(oliver)..I say..didn't we draft Harrison Phillips to fill the Kyle opening this year? 

Beane just might get this done... But I still think he trades down.

No love for Smith in the second round...he gets open.

Edmunds definitely needs to get stronger, but most rookies do, especially Edmunds.  He's still 20.  He doesn't even have his natural man strength yet.   If Oliver is there he'd be my pick because an interior disruptor can control a game.  But White would be awesome too.  I think if Oliver is gone Beane will trade down.  I don't think he would take Hockenson at 9.

36 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

With three players of that caliber you would not box them into traditional LB roles.

You might start out that way but their true potential would be in confusing QBs as to who is doing what.

It's fun to think about but I'm pretty sure White will be long gone before Beane picks.

I agree White is gone before Bills pick.  I think McD likes Edmunds size/length in the middle.  But I'm sure Frazier and McD would be creative with all of them.

• Like (+1) 1

I previously wanted Brian Burns, seems not to fit the defensive scheme Buffalo runs.

There seems to be a consensus, realistic  3 of J. Williams, TJ Hockenson, Ed Oliver

My fear is that they are drafted back to back by the Giants, Jaguars and Lions and we are kind of stuck at 9.

Choices are one of DK, Dillard, Fant, J. Taylor, Wilkins, Bush, Ferrell or Cody Ford.

I would draft Ford and line up the O-Line as Dawkins - Nsekhe - Morse - Spain - Ford

This would be the biggest line we could get, improve the running game and help Josh Allen.

Front office will choose one of Dillard or Wilkins if the original 3 are already drafted. 

Edited by quincy
spelling

3 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

DK Metcalf.

Unless I can get N'Keal Harry in the 2nd round, then I'll take Hockenson in round 1 and Harry in round 2.

Yes please. Hock and Harry. It’s a win win draft for me no matter what else Happens after that. 

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. Oliver

2. TJ Hockenson 

3. Jonah Williams 

....it will be one of these 3

Quite a spread there.  

Oliver is the supposed high-upside guy who could wash out due to lack of size

Williams is about the opposite - high floor, but lack of size may limit him to a lesser-impact position at OG

Hockenson is in the sweet spot for me.

in the end, I could see the Bills pick coming down to Williams, Wilkins or Hockenson.  Yet, last year’s picks definitely fit the description of prototype physical traits, so that might argue against Williams and Oliver.

All I care about is they stay away from Oliver. I don’t think he’s worth all the hype. Of course, if he’s there in the 2nd round... sure. But that’s not happening. 

Give me Hock, Wilkins, White in the first. 

In the 2nd I want a WR. Harry, AJ Brown, Butler. maybe Harmon or Hall if the previous 3 were taken. 

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Good question Sky.  Yes I am a linebacker guy.  Linebackers are the unsung hero's of a D IMO.

You need good ones but great ones are a blessing.

Not considering the Buffalo Bills situation at all I would probably take White over Taylor.

Considering the 2019 Bills I wouldn't UNLESS McDermott could find a way to use Edmunds, White and Milano in some "hybrid" way to

get the most out of all of them.  If Beane selects him at #9 I won't jump out the window like some around here.  LOL.

I would say, "It looks like the Bills got one damn fine football player".

It would be a best player available.  People gotta realize how hard it is to play linebacker.  They have to be able to shed blocks from 230 o-linemen.  They have to be able to run down and tackle speedy running backs and also not get juked by jiggerbug types.  They have to take big fullbacks to the ground. They have to stay with receiving running backs and tight ends all over the field.  They have to be able to defend slot receivers in the short zones.  Most important, they have to figure out what the play is, where the ball is going and sniff out deception on plays.  They are the primary ones that play-calling is trying to neutralize.

Remember that the offense can substitute and put in players who are strong in one area (think, big FB, good pass catching RB, fast outside runner, shifty block follower) BUT the LB is pretty much going to be the same guy.  Always 2 or 3 on the field.  Many defensive players have to do fewer things.  An 'EDGE" player just rushes the passer and even most ignores the "setting of the edge" to turn a running play inside.  You CAN get an incomplete DE to do only that and can draft one in the later round.(Jaylon Fergenson)

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

11 hours ago, purple haze said:

I think if Oliver is gone Beane will trade down.  I don't think he would take Hockenson at 9.

i think so too. at that point i'd have to figure one of my top guys will slide to around the 15 spot so....

at 9 i would expect a call from elway who is looking to prevent cincy, miami and possibly wash. from trading with us and grabbing lock.

i give denver no.9 and a 7th for a 3rd. then...i trade to 15 with wash. for a 2nd.

depending on how things fall, i'm thinking sweat may just drop that far. if not...wilkins or lawrence could be the pick. j. williams, dillard and hock are also possibilities.

i'm guessing if the one guy beane would stand pat at 9 for is gone, he may think it best to gather a pick or 2.

if i had to bet money on what i think they'll do, i'd have to believe they would prefer to actually have extra picks. the above giving us a 2nd and 3rd along with a top 15 player would work nicely.

Edited by billsredneck1

Realistic possibilities only ... who I want?

Oliver

Jonah Williams

Sweat (depending what the team docs think about his heart)

Jawaan Taylor

Burns

Hockenson

Ford

Didn't put much thought into that, but that's my quick thoughts.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think so too. at that point i'd have to figure one of my top guys will slide to around the 15 spot so....

at 9 i would expect a call from elway who is looking to prevent cincy, miami and possibly wash. from trading with us and grabbing lock.

i give denver no.9 and a 7th for a 3rd. then...i trade to 15 with wash. for a 2nd.

depending on how things fall, i'm thinking sweat may just drop that far. if not...wilkins or lawrence could be the pick. j. williams, dillard and hock are also possibilities.

i'm guessing if the one guy beane would stand pat at 9 for is gone, he may think it best to gather a pick or 2.

if i had to bet money on what i think they'll do, i'd have to believe they would prefer to actually have extra picks. the above giving us a 2nd and 3rd along with a top 15 player would work nicely.

I could rock with your scenario.  An extra 2nd and 3rd would definitely lead me to think a trade back into the 1st was coming.

i don't know if Sweat is still on Beane's radar due to the health issue.

21 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I could rock with your scenario.  An extra 2nd and 3rd would definitely lead me to think a trade back into the 1st was coming.

i don't know if Sweat is still on Beane's radar due to the health issue.

IMO our biggest NEED is pass rusher. I know DT is a biggie, but there's a lot of biggies to choose from. I think Mcbeane realizes the need for 2 good ends and is looking toward the future here. I hope we draft 2.... Montez Sweat and O.Ximines or find a 2nd DE gem later. IE. maybe a Max Crosby?

Maybe they double down with Sweat and Ferguson?

I dare anyone to name the last 2 outstanding ends we've had at one time. I believe this front office will finally make it happen. I think they are looking at maybe extending Hughes next year, but shedding Murphy's deal as well as replacing Lorax.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, gjv001 said:

My perfect draft would be Williams at 9 and then we move back into round one for either Hockensen or Metcalf.

If the Bills want Hockensen they have to draft him somewhere before 12. He’s not dropping to the bottom of the 1st.

Metcalf, on the other hand, I think is a very real possibility of landing in the 20-25 area. If the Bills like him they could move back into the 1st and snag him.