Bills sign Yeldon

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Bean said a while ago that Allen needs to take/make more intermediate passes to get those 5 yard gains that make it 3rd and manageable.  This, along with Beasley, are pickups that enable him to do that.  We now have 2 speedy receiving options (Foster/Brown) and two intermediate route options (Beasley/Yeldon, and perhaps a TE).  I like it.   

I see as:

Brown/Foster deep threats with comeback balls when JA extends plays.

Beasley/Zay/TE for intermediate balls.

Shady/Yeldon/Gore for screens/swings and short middle passes.

It's not bad as I see it and can't wait to see what the draft brings into this equation.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, mannc said:

“Gunning” for a guy likely to be available in round 6 or 7?  Ok...

@mannc okay... I guess one of the 30 official visits doesn't constitute as interest...

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/22/18269766/2019-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-top-30-pre-draft-visit-tracker-rumors-notes

You think they didn't gun for Robert Foster or Levi Wallace in UDFA? McBeane is ruthless in pursuit of talent... 

This ain't the Doug Whaley show, bucko. It's a new regime.

7 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

@mannc okay... I guess one of the 30 official visits doesn't constitute as interest...

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/22/18269766/2019-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-top-30-pre-draft-visit-tracker-rumors-notes

You think they didn't gun for Robert Foster or Levi Wallace in UDFA? McBeane is ruthless in pursuit of talent... 

This ain't the Doug Whaley show, bucko. It's a new regime.

Foster and Wallace are looking like VERY good pickups

This team is starting to look talented again

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good catch but it’s like NE shouldn’t be compared to other teams in some respects.  Also, IMO, Those Yeldon type guys are more important to Brady because of how he attacks a defense.

Im nervous that Daboll is trying to build NE’s offense (dink and dunk) when it doesn’t really fit Allen. 

I think one of the strengths in NE is that while white is the primary pass catcher - they prefer do-all backs.  White became more of a bell cow in 2018, but in 2017 he was right in the mix with lewis and burkhead.  All can block and catch so it lets you kind of play a hot hand, helps with injuries, and you have more fresh legs on the field. 

This is a good signing.  If Shady gets hurt during the season and misses any games (what's the chances of THAT happening, amirite?), then Yeldon will step right in to the starter role.  Beane knows what he's doing.  Do not question The Process.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think McDermott really really prefers vet RBs who know what they’re doing. We will see how that works out. 

Really, really prefers vet RB's who know how to pick up a blitz and when to sit on a route! All part of the plan to protect JA. And encourage his trust in the pocket. Good signing.Good philosophy. Only downfall is, I wish we had a Shady, 3rd down Gore, and pass catching back in one body. I'm sure it'll get figured out tho?

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Really, really prefers vet RB's who know how to pick up a blitz and when to sit on a route! All part of the plan to protect JA. And encourage his trust in the pocket. Good signing.Good philosophy. Only downfall is, I wish we had a Shady, 3rd down Gore, and pass catching back in one body. I'm sure it'll get figured out tho?

Travis Etienne 2020 Clemson:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Well maybe Fred Express can un-retire and the Bills can have it all in one body.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Clyde Smith said:

Travis Etienne 2020 Clemson:thumbsup:

Id rather Miles Sanders in '19. Or Rodney Anderson....

Just now, Limeaid said:

Well maybe Fred Express can un-retire and the Bills can have it all in one body.

How old is he now??

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Foster and Wallace are looking like VERY good pickups

This team is starting to look talented again

I see Wallace as keeping his starting job when the camp competition is over. He’s a player, flat out.

Having a guy in the the backfield who can block or catch is a big get for the growth of Allen.  Yeldon imo could be a poor man's Bell in a sense.  Move him around the formation and get him the ball underneath vs LB.  Daboll is trying to add some easy throws for Allen underneath.  Beasly for the slot, running the routes Welker, Edelman and Amendola ran.  Yeldon in a James White type role makes sense too.  

Yeldon is young enough that he has a chance to revive a career that's been heading in the wrong direction.  If the Bills can give him decent blocking, he has the skill set to do some damage.