Bills sign Yeldon

It’s a fine signing but I don’t think they know how position value works.  Is there another team in the nfl that has 3 veteran rbs making million plus?  If there was ever a position you go young and cheap in, it’s rb. 

Like i said, Yeldon is an ok player but it’s weird how they value the position.  I’d rather spend a 4th or lower on a Bryce Love who has more upside and costs way less. 

I think we're learning a bit about the kind of running backs McBeane like.  

They live Shady, but if they can't get a Hall of Fame type runner that want touch bbn inside his with good ball security.  I think Yeldon's style is a lot like Gore's.  

So again how does Yeldon hurt anything.  Still have not addressed how Signing Yeldon today means we cannot sign a UDFA.  So the entire premise here is asinine

You need 90 at camp.  Those are the hard Facts.  And under top 51 rule now for the cap.

And without the Yeldon Singing Bills have 31.2M in cap space.

So lets look at the position in terms of Cuts.

Shady if cut - 2.625M in Dead Cap, but an 8M savings.

Frank Gore - 500K in dead Cap, 1.5M savings

Senorise Perry - 50K in dead cap, 760K savings

Murphy - 0 Dead Cap 720 Savigns

Ford - 0 Dead cap - 570 in savings (not even counted now as is because of the top 51 Rule)

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

Per ESPN 

Yeldon's time with the Jaguars didn't end on good terms. Executive vice president of football operations Tom Coughlin blasted Yeldon and Leonard Fournette for their demeanor on the sidelines during the 2018 finale after both players sat on the bench (Yeldon was active but Fournette was not) and appeared disinterested throughout the 20-3 loss to the Houston Texans. 

Coughlin released a statement after the game in which he said they were "disrespectful, selfish and their behavior was unbecoming that of a professional football player."

You finished 5-11, you gave all indication you were dumping Bortles ....  What more should Coughlin expect?  

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a fine signing but I don’t think they know how position value works.  Is there another team in the nfl that has 3 veteran rbs making million plus?  If there was ever a position you go young and cheap in, it’s rb. 

Like i said, Yeldon is an ok player but it’s weird how they value the position.  I’d rather spend a 4th or lower on a Bryce Love who has more upside and costs way less. 

Yes, the New England Patriots.  NE is the next team on the list for RB/FB positional spending dollars after Buffalo.

Once Shady is finished with his contract and if he was replaced next year with a 2nd or 3rd round pick the Bills will be

under the league average.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/breakdown/

I think Beane saw Yeldon as a better option than any 4th round RB in the draft. To me Beane might be looking Bryce Love with one of the 5th round picks knowing he wont be able to play til the 2020 season. The Bills can stash him away knowing no other team is going to sign him away from them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

The cynic within me has to ask - if he was any good, why did the Jags let him walk?

I also remember Fournette causing us major headaches last year but cannot recall Yeldon doing anything of note.

Yeah...not sure about this one.

Per ESPN 

Yeldon's time with the Jaguars didn't end on good terms. Executive vice president of football operations Tom Coughlin blasted Yeldon and Leonard Fournette for their demeanor on the sidelines during the 2018 finale after both players sat on the bench (Yeldon was active but Fournette was not) and appeared disinterested throughout the 20-3 loss to the Houston Texans. 

Coughlin released a statement after the game in which he said they were "disrespectful, selfish and their behavior was unbecoming that of a professional football player."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

The cynic within me has to ask - if he was any good, why did the Jags let him walk?

I also remember Fournette causing us major headaches last year but cannot recall Yeldon doing anything of note.

Yeah...not sure about this one.

Who's the HC and GM???  

I think that is the answer right there 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Per ESPN 

now where did I just see that ????    :flirt:

• Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

When you have as much money under the cap as the Bills do, these short term contracts mean nothing at all concerning “position value”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who's the HC and GM???  

I think that is the answer right there 

now where did I just see that ????    :flirt:

guess doesn't read the thread so copied it and put it as a quote response lol

23 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes, the New England Patriots.  NE is the next team on the list for RB/FB positional spending dollars after Buffalo.

Once Shady is finished with his contract and if he was replaced next year with a 2nd or 3rd round pick the Bills will be

under the league average.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/breakdown/

Good catch but it’s like NE shouldn’t be compared to other teams in some respects.  Also, IMO, Those Yeldon type guys are more important to Brady because of how he attacks a defense.

Im nervous that Daboll is trying to build NE’s offense (dink and dunk) when it doesn’t really fit Allen. 

Bean said a while ago that Allen needs to take/make more intermediate passes to get those 5 yard gains that make it 3rd and manageable.  This, along with Beasley, are pickups that enable him to do that.  We now have 2 speedy receiving options (Foster/Brown) and two intermediate route options (Beasley/Yeldon, and perhaps a TE).  I like it.   

• Like (+1) 2

I don't understand why everyone is confused by this.

Yeldon signed for two years. Next year Shady and Gore will be gone and Yeldon will be the vet in the room along with most likely a high selection of a 2020 RB. Next years class is THE running back class.

Not that difficult

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good catch but it’s like NE shouldn’t be compared to other teams in some respects.  Also, IMO, Those Yeldon type guys are more important to Brady because of how he attacks a defense.

Im nervous that Daboll is trying to build NE’s offense (dink and dunk) when it doesn’t really fit Allen. 

I would be nervous only if JA cannot improve his swing/screen/short middle passes.

He has to work heavy on that this summer.

Daboll will still let his long balls fly but IF JA can perfect the short stuff he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Daboll can (if things work out right) cause defenses to defend the entire field. 

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

I don't understand why everyone is confused by this.

Yeldon signed for two years. Next year Shady and Gore will be gone and Yeldon will be the vet in the room along with most likely a high selection of a 2020 RB. Next years class is THE running back class.

Not that difficult

Yeah i can’t understand why people bash this signing.  He’s a good complimentary back to have.  

• Like (+1) 4