Wk 11 at MIA

Wk 12 DEN

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

Wk 14 BAL

Wk 15 at PIT

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

Wk 17 NYJ

The Good:

The Bills get an awesome 5 games in their first 8 games. Other then NE and PHI it sets up 6 very winnable games and the opportunity for the Bills to stack a lot of wins. While opening on the road two straight weeks is not preferable, opponent wise they should be able to get at least 1 win as they build forward. There is no killer road portion like we have seen before which is nice. And of course the Bills for the first time since 1994 are playing in Thanksgiving which for many fans like myself is the first time I’ll ever get to see them on the big day. 6 home games before Thanksgiving is a godsend for season ticket holders who were stuck with some crappy non impact December games the last few years.

The Bad:

Opening two straight on the road is still tough regardless of opponent. If you lose both your starring at an 0-2 hole before your first home game which is not fun. The last 5 games present some truly stiff tests and will be a major make it or break part for their playoff hopes with four AFC games against playoff aspiring teams/NE.

The Ugly: The Bills are irrelevant nationally. Yea they got the Thanksgiving game and yes there is a small shot they get the Saturday game at night vs NE but the other 14 games are all 1pm. I know some people love 1pm games but all that confirms is that nationally this team has no one of attention drawing and no one thinks the Bills matter in the landscape of competition. If they did you would see some 4  pm games and another night game. When the Giants and Redskins get more night games and even Miami has the same number it confirms you a nobody league wide. The only time recently the Bills truly has some national exposure with the Rex disaster. Other then the Bills winning the division this is just another sign by the NFL that the Bills need a new stadium if they want any attention and we really not matter in the general landscape.

• Like (+1) 4

I’m genuinely bummed Buffalo got Dallas on Thanksgiving.

that was going to be my favorite upset.  Buffalo rolling into Dallas on some random Sunday.  Lowly Buffalo being some out of conference opponent on a random Sunday.

Dallas is a a team that seems to play to either level of competition or to the moment.

they were poised to come out flat (like Vikings) against Buffalo on a Rando SUnday.

now that’s its on Thanksgiving...as of today no way I like Buffalo for that one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

now that’s its on Thanksgiving...as of today no way I like Buffalo for that one.

It’s possible that the line will change between now and then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Here's the conservative road to 10-6:

-3-3 in the division (2-0 Dolphins, 1-1 Jets, 0-2 Patriots)

-Somewhat easy wins against Giants, Bengals, Titans, Redskins, Broncos, Ravens

-Win 1 of Browns, Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers

I think that is very doable.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was at the MNF Patriots game this year, and our crowd was lively and the pregame was electric. You wouldn't have guessed we were 2-6, had to go from Peterman to Derek Anderson, and that the result of the game was inevitable (though it was a lot closer than expected through three quarters). 

Once the wins start piling up in the coming years, the night games will come, but I guess it's the league's loss on missing out on our atmosphere this year in favor of the NFCEastfests and whatnot

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Start winning football games and you'll see national attention..... if that's really what you care about. 

I’ve grown up with the team as a joke and punchline. National primetime games are fun and mean you matter a little. I know basically one small time when we mattered which was killing the drought. It gets tiring being the punchline etc and I generally believe they did a good job in FA. But it kinda confirms we’re never good enough whether it’s AB or stuff like this. Knowing the only way to get any exposure is winning is a sad existence.

I like Miami in the middle of the season. Fitz always starts hot for like 3-4 games then he is awful for like 8-9 games. Then he can play some good football at the end of the season. Playing them in the middle of the season avoids good Fits

Edited by Franchiseneedsme
  • Like (+1) 3