Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
corta765

Schedule Analysis

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The browns have Four primetime games, and four 4:00 games. How many more football games have they won, more then the bills over the last 3 years?

The Browns have a QB who had the most TD passes in the history of any rookie and have one of the more talented teams in the NFL.... NOBODY outside of OBD of course, are suggesting the Bills have anything close to the talent level the Browns have.

Edited by ScottLaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

If they get off to that hot start we will be flexed. Browns likely.

Week 10 has the Cowboys vs. Vikings on SNF. The bills and browns would have to both be insanely better then both of those teams, to flex out them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, corta765 said:

The schedule is out if you haven’t seen this is it:

Wk 1 at NYJ

Wk 2 at NYG

Wk 3 Cincy home opener

Wk 4 NE

Wk 5 at TEN

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami

Wk 8 Philly

Wk 9 WSH

Wk 10 at CLE

Wk 11 at MIA

Wk 12 DEN

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

Wk 14 BAL

Wk 15 at PIT

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

Wk 17 NYJ

 

The Good:

The Bills get an awesome 5 games in their first 8 games. Other then NE and PHI it sets up 6 very winnable games and the opportunity for the Bills to stack a lot of wins. While opening on the road two straight weeks is not preferable, opponent wise they should be able to get at least 1 win as they build forward. There is no killer road portion like we have seen before which is nice. And of course the Bills for the first time since 1994 are playing in Thanksgiving which for many fans like myself is the first time I’ll ever get to see them on the big day. 6 home games before Thanksgiving is a godsend for season ticket holders who were stuck with some crappy non impact December games the last few years.

 

The Bad:

Opening two straight on the road is still tough regardless of opponent. If you lose both your starring at an 0-2 hole before your first home game which is not fun. The last 5 games present some truly stiff tests and will be a major make it or break part for their playoff hopes with four AFC games against playoff aspiring teams/NE.

 

The Ugly: The Bills are irrelevant nationally. Yea they got the Thanksgiving game and yes there is a small shot they get the Saturday game at night vs NE but the other 14 games are all 1pm. I know some people love 1pm games but all that confirms is that nationally this team has no one of attention drawing and no one thinks the Bills matter in the landscape of competition. If they did you would see some 4  pm games and another night game. When the Giants and Redskins get more night games and even Miami has the same number it confirms you a nobody league wide. The only time recently the Bills truly has some national exposure with the Rex disaster. Other then the Bills winning the division this is just another sign by the NFL that the Bills need a new stadium if they want any attention and we really not matter in the general landscape.

This isnt 2018, all these games are winnable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Browns tanked, got a bunch of good players and the top QB in the draft, had a ton of cap space and got some great veterans, and now they are a top team in the AFC.

 

On the other hand, during that same time period the Bills decided it was smart to try and win with a bad roster full of old dudes, got some mediocre players in the draft, got some mediocre veterans, and a mediocre/bad QB (but hey he can run).

 

Browns will go 10-6 and be AFC North contenders and a playoff team and the Bills will be watching the playoffs on TV like always

Just a regular ray of sunshine there, eh?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Browns tanked, got a bunch of good players and the top QB in the draft, had a ton of cap space and got some great veterans, and now they are a top team in the AFC.

 

On the other hand, during that same time period the Bills decided it was smart to try and win with a bad roster full of old dudes, got some mediocre players in the draft, got some mediocre veterans, and a mediocre/bad QB (but hey he can run).

 

Browns will go 10-6 and be AFC North contenders and a playoff team and the Bills will be watching the playoffs on TV like always

The Browns didn't tank.  Their front office did an incredibly bad job of drafting (Johnny Football and others) and had some of the worst coaching in the league.  They squandered multiple high draft picks, several years in a row.  They finally got a good GM, had two good drafts in a row, made one really good trade, made a couple of really good FA signings, and improved their coaching staff.  They really stumbled their way into this great situation.  They were so bad that they didn't need to tank.  They still have some holes to fill on their defense but I expect their GM to get them fixed.  They have a window of time to be successful before rookie deals start to run out on those high draft picks.  In the meantime, I expect them to be good, especially on offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the conservative road to 10-6:

 

-3-3 in the division (2-0 Dolphins, 1-1 Jets, 0-2 Patriots)

-Somewhat easy wins against Giants, Bengals, Titans, Redskins, Broncos, Ravens

-Win 1 of Browns, Eagles, Cowboys, Steelers

 

I think that is very doable.

“easy wins” in the NFL. There isn’t such a thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Opening two straight on the road is still tough regardless of opponent. If you lose both your starring at an 0-2 hole before your first home game which is not fun. The last 5 games present some truly stiff tests and will be a major make it or break part for their playoff hopes with four AFC games against playoff aspiring teams/NE.

If we can't be competitive, let alone win or split those first two games, we're probably not that good a team to begin with.  If you're good, it's gravy having more home games later in the season to enrich a winning recipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Browns tanked, got a bunch of good players and the top QB in the draft, had a ton of cap space and got some great veterans, and now they are a top team in the AFC.

 

On the other hand, during that same time period the Bills decided it was smart to try and win with a bad roster full of old dudes, got some mediocre players in the draft, got some mediocre veterans, and a mediocre/bad QB (but hey he can run).

 

Browns will go 10-6 and be AFC North contenders and a playoff team and the Bills will be watching the playoffs on TV like always

You would rather have a couple 0-16 seasons to get a top pick?  No thanks.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't it Phil Esiason that called Josh "Must see TV"?  I am surprised at the lack of primetime games. But yep, go win and this will resolve itself in 2020+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wk 1 at NYJ - Loss

Wk 2 at NYG - Win

Wk 3 Cincy home opener - Win

Wk 4 NE - Loss

Wk 5 at TEN - Win

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami - Win

Wk 8 Philly - Loss

Wk 9 WSH - Win

Wk 10 at CLE - Loss

Wk 11 at MIA - Win

Wk 12 DEN - Win

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day - Loss

Wk 14 BAL - Win

Wk 15 at PIT - Loss

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game - Loss

Wk 17 NYJ - Win

 

9-7 is my initial guess. But it never works out how you guess. We'll win a couple we don't expect to and lose a couple we should have won.

 

But it seems like beating Miami twice and getting two wins out of the Cowboys, Browns, Steelers, or Ravens is a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, corta765 said:

The schedule is out if you haven’t seen this is it:

Wk 1 at NYJ

Wk 2 at NYG

Wk 3 Cincy home opener

Wk 4 NE

Wk 5 at TEN

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami

Wk 8 Philly

Wk 9 WSH

Wk 10 at CLE

Wk 11 at MIA

Wk 12 DEN

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

Wk 14 BAL

Wk 15 at PIT

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

Wk 17 NYJ

 

The Good:

The Bills get an awesome 5 games in their first 8 games. Other then NE and PHI it sets up 6 very winnable games and the opportunity for the Bills to stack a lot of wins. While opening on the road two straight weeks is not preferable, opponent wise they should be able to get at least 1 win as they build forward. There is no killer road portion like we have seen before which is nice. And of course the Bills for the first time since 1994 are playing in Thanksgiving which for many fans like myself is the first time I’ll ever get to see them on the big day. 6 home games before Thanksgiving is a godsend for season ticket holders who were stuck with some crappy non impact December games the last few years.

 

The Bad:

Opening two straight on the road is still tough regardless of opponent. If you lose both your starring at an 0-2 hole before your first home game which is not fun. The last 5 games present some truly stiff tests and will be a major make it or break part for their playoff hopes with four AFC games against playoff aspiring teams/NE.

 

The Ugly: The Bills are irrelevant nationally. Yea they got the Thanksgiving game and yes there is a small shot they get the Saturday game at night vs NE but the other 14 games are all 1pm. I know some people love 1pm games but all that confirms is that nationally this team has no one of attention drawing and no one thinks the Bills matter in the landscape of competition. If they did you would see some 4  pm games and another night game. When the Giants and Redskins get more night games and even Miami has the same number it confirms you a nobody league wide. The only time recently the Bills truly has some national exposure with the Rex disaster. Other then the Bills winning the division this is just another sign by the NFL that the Bills need a new stadium if they want any attention and we really not matter in the general landscape.

Yeah if only the Chiefs got a new stadium, they too could get some national attention.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

If they get off to that hot start we will be flexed. Browns likely.

 

Ummm... are games even able to be flexed in early November? :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Browns tanked, got a bunch of good players and the top QB in the draft, had a ton of cap space and got some great veterans, and now they are a top team in the AFC.

 

On the other hand, during that same time period the Bills decided it was smart to try and win with a bad roster full of old dudes, got some mediocre players in the draft, got some mediocre veterans, and a mediocre/bad QB (but hey he can run).

 

Browns will go 10-6 and be AFC North contenders and a playoff team and the Bills will be watching the playoffs on TV like always

 

Your username sucks. I'd ask if you meant another NFL QB in history named Josh who was an established Franchise QB, but I just can't think of one.

 

Yeah, your username sucks, and we're better than the Browns. 

 

Go back to their message board.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Jets are in NY. Gigantic difference between being in Buffalo and NYC.

 

But they aren't in NYC... they aren't even in NYS... they're in NJ...

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The browns have Four primetime games, and four 4:00 games. How many more football games have they won, more then the bills over the last 3 years?

Wagon, you make a fair point. In the past, previous success ( i.e playoffs) was required to be “ awarded” prime time games the next season. Outside of being a huge market team like Chicago, Giants or Dallas, that’s how it worked. Apparently that has changed. A young QB that had a good rookie year and a roster full of talent from years of high draft picks seems to be all it takes. Cleveland is not a huge market, and their team has been a punchline for most of the last decade or even two. This seems to indicate a shift in criteria, for those who are interested in such things. It still can be said, though that winning games is a surefire way to be on prime time the next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WRONG JOSH said:

Browns tanked, got a bunch of good players and the top QB in the draft, had a ton of cap space and got some great veterans, and now they are a top team in the AFC.

 

On the other hand, during that same time period the Bills decided it was smart to try and win with a bad roster full of old dudes, got some mediocre players in the draft, got some mediocre veterans, and a mediocre/bad QB (but hey he can run).

 

Browns will go 10-6 and be AFC North contenders and a playoff team and the Bills will be watching the playoffs on TV like always

The Browns “ tanked” for many years , acquired some good defensive talent over several more years, and may have finally hit on a first round QB after drafting 4 or 5 busts. Way to gloss over the facts , though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wagon, you make a fair point. In the past, previous success ( i.e playoffs) was required to be “ awarded” prime time games the next season. Outside of being a huge market team like Chicago, Giants or Dallas, that’s how it worked. Apparently that has changed. A young QB that had a good rookie year and a roster full of talent from years of high draft picks seems to be all it takes. Cleveland is not a huge market, and their team has been a punchline for most of the last decade or even two. This seems to indicate a shift in criteria, for those who are interested in such things. It still can be said, though that winning games is a surefire way to be on prime time the next year. 

The lack of primetime games could also be a trade off for having less december home games. I think its the league's way of saying get a new stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Just like the Jets right?

After you said that I went and looked at the Jets schedule, they have three night games. Only beacuse its the bigger market. They were not a better team than bills last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'm annoyed at the complete lack of primetime games. But I admit having a Thanksgiving game is awesome. Looking forward to it

If we start strong given the 1st half of our schedule is easier than the last half we may be flexed to Sunday night.  If we're in contention then it's possible the Ravens or Steelers game (who always seem to be fighting for a playoff spot) are the two most likely to be flexed.  Since the NFL has a love affair with the Browns it's possible week 10 could be flexed as well (the NFL can only flex two games to Sunday night from week 5 to 10 though).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Logic said:

Another year, another round of irritation at the Bills not getting any primetime games.

One more time:

The Bills, being a small market team, are ALWAYS going to be behind the 8-ball in terms of garnering national attention. The only market smaller is Green Bay, but they have a storied tradition of winning and an elite quarterback, so they get night games. The Bills? The Bills absolutely HAVE to win football games and make the postseason and HAVE to have some marquee players in order to even have a SHOT at night games. 

If the Bills make the playoffs this year, they'll get 1Thursday night and 1 Monday night game next year. If they make the playoffs AGAIN or if Josh Allen becomes a superstar, they'll get more than that the following year.

You have to earn this stuff. The NFL wants ratings, and putting a Bills team that's been bad for 20 straight years and has no real star NFL players in prime time doesn't make good business sense. Win football games, get prime time slots. Simple.

yeeeee   p.   not sure lots of winning does it either, but would like to find out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...