Schedule Analysis

corta765

Home, away, 1pm game, night game, Thanksgiving. They all are just games... Stick to the workouts, preparation for the week and take it one game at a time... As of now the main focus is the Jets... All focus is on beating them and then we'll move on to the Giants... That's my motto...

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Your username sucks. I'd ask if you meant another NFL QB in history named Josh who was an established Franchise QB, but I just can't think of one.

Yeah, your username sucks, and we're better than the Browns. 

Go back to their message board.

But they aren't in NYC... they aren't even in NYS... they're in NJ...

For real though...

11 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I’m genuinely bummed Buffalo got Dallas on Thanksgiving.

that was going to be my favorite upset.  Buffalo rolling into Dallas on some random Sunday.  Lowly Buffalo being some out of conference opponent on a random Sunday.

Dallas is a a team that seems to play to either level of competition or to the moment.

they were poised to come out flat (like Vikings) against Buffalo on a Rando SUnday.

now that’s its on Thanksgiving...as of today no way I like Buffalo for that one.

I'm not bummed, 

but it's like the schedule makers were looking for an easy win for Dallas on a day that they generally don't lose on.

Think of it this way, should Buffalo beat Dallas that should wake up the world that the Bills are no longer AFC doormats.

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Wk 1 at NYJ

Wk 2 at NYG

Wk 3 Cincy home opener

Wk 4 NE

Wk 5 at TEN

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami

Wk 8 Philly

Wk 9 WSH

Wk 10 at CLE

Wk 11 at MIA

Wk 12 DEN

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

Wk 14 BAL

Wk 15 at PIT

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

Wk 17 NYJ

So much will depend on a few things. Who the Bills draft and if they will have an impact. Also, if Daboll can build a good run game attack with the RB's as this will help the Bills defense out so much if the offense can sustain drives and score. If Daboll can fix the passing game to go from 30th to say perhaps 15th which would be a huge improvement. 

The Bills secondary was already upgraded with the addition of EJ Gains so the areas of need are run stopping and pass rush. The Jests with Bell, the Ginats with Barkley. the Titsns with Henry. The Bills will really need to improve in run stopping or it could be a long season.

19 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Home, away, 1pm game, night game, Thanksgiving. They all are just games... Stick to the workouts, preparation for the week and take it one game at a time... As of now the main focus is the Jets... All focus is on beating them and then we'll move on to the Giants... That's my motto...

For real though...

he's getting ignore heavily on PPP,  don't invest a second with this one that you can't afford to pee away, into the wind...  :D

Wk 1 at NYJ (WIN) Allen > Darnold 1-0

Wk 2 at NYG (WIN) Bills sweep Meadowlands  2-0

Wk 3 Cincy home opener (WIN) 5 TDS for Allen 3-0

Wk 4 NE (WIN) last second FG puts Bills 1 pt over the top. 4-0

Wk 5 at TEN (loss) Bills fall flat after last weeks win 4-1

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami (WIN) another Allen showcase game 5-1

Wk 8 Philly (loss) Eagles surging 5-2

Wk 9 WSH (WIN) beatdown of the skins 6-2

Wk 10 at CLE (loss) close game but home team sqeaks by 6-3

Wk 11 at MIA (WIN) another showcase game 7-3 

Wk 12 DEN (WIN) nail biters but Bills come through  8-3

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day (loss) competitive game 8-4

Wk 14 BAL Allen (win) Allen > Jackson 9 -4 

Wk 15 at PIT (loss) tough place to win in December 9-5 

Wk 16 at NE (LOSS) possible Saturday game  9-6

Wk 17 NYJ (WIN) Allen > Darnold 10 - 6 win secures wildcard for Bills

PLAYOFFS!!!!

wk 18 at Ind (win) Allen outduels Luck

wk 19 at KC (loss) the end of the best season in 20 years. 

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

Looking at the schedule I'm seeing 10 or even 11 wins.

The way you get prime-time games is to make the playoffs on a regular basis.  Until we do that there's no point in getting upset or being surprised by our lack of Monday & Sunday night games. 

I'm not a big fan of the Turkey Day game at Dallas.  It's not that the Cowboys worry me, they don't play all that well on Thanksgiving. Rather it's the late start of the game that gives my stomach the heebie-Jeebies.  I'll have to break out the Tums as we'll slam the big feast before the game and then suffer through a nerve wracking game.  Why "nerve wracking"?  I expect this to be a very important game from a playoff standpoint.

Question to this board - is it possible (or advisable) to drink lots of beer AFTER a huge Thanksgiving dinner while watching the Bills? 

Also is any one going to watch the game WHILE eating dinner.  And with the NFL's short halftime breaks would it be possible to finish the feast up during halftime? 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

The Thanksgiving game might not be as bad as everyone assumes.  Looking at the Dallas schedule, they have NE the week before and Chicago the week after.  I could see them overlooking us and being able to pull off an upset

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ummm... are games even able to be flexed in early November? :blink:

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I’m genuinely bummed Buffalo got Dallas on Thanksgiving.

that was going to be my favorite upset.  Buffalo rolling into Dallas on some random Sunday.  Lowly Buffalo being some out of conference opponent on a random Sunday.

Dallas is a a team that seems to play to either level of competition or to the moment.

they were poised to come out flat (like Vikings) against Buffalo on a Rando SUnday.

now that’s its on Thanksgiving...as of today no way I like Buffalo for that one.

I don't see why - they're only 2-3 in their last 5 on Thanksgiving, all @Dal at 430.

They're talent level is equal at worse. Very winnable gm. Zeke should be hurt by then , and I think we walk in there 7-4 .

Josh Allen n the Bills are going to be the talk of Turkey Day . Getting a big W vs the overrated Cowgirls.

Millions of eyeballs will be on that gm , could see the bandwagon fill up with ppl just learning how good Buf is

Edited by JerseyBills

Wk 1 at NYJ - (Great early test, Allen and Darnold seem to be pretty good friends and both competitive) Jets will have good running game, but so should we. 50/50

Wk 2 at NYG - (I just don't see how they've improved this offseason)  I see a 75/25 chance for a Win

Wk 3 Cincy home opener - (Fired up fans, weakened defense, coaching overhaul) 80/20 for the Win

Wk 4 NE - (Pats are Pats, but this year smells different, but until I see evidence)  40/60 probably a loss

Wk 5 at TEN - (Who's going to be the QB, Henry with no star receivers) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 6 BYE - (10th week in from start of preseason, good place for a bye)

Wk 7 Miami - (Miami at the start of the season is nothing on paper, we should know who they are by this point) 75/25 for Win

Wk 8 Philly - (With no quality backup anymore, will Wentz be healthy?) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 9 WSH - (Who's the QB?  Nothing scars me about this team on either side of the ball) 80/20 for the Win

Wk 10 at CLE - (Mayfield's hold on the team of divas will be very clear at this point, if they're winning they will be tough, if not?)  50/50

Wk 11 at MIA - (I think they'll be improved, but I also think the Bills at this point have some momentum, possible trap game) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 12 DEN - (Nothing really to say about Denver haven't been paying attention to their offseason)  @home 70/30 for the Win

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day - (Team is built very similar to the Bills on TG Day toss up) 50/50

Wk 14 BAL - (Teams and the league will have Jackson figured out by now, Harbaugh realizes they made a big mistake letting Flacco go) 70/30 for the Win

Wk 15 at PIT - (Ju Ju, Rothlisberger, depends on their record but not scared, what they do well on offense, we counter well with defense) 50/50

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game - (who knows, but I fully expect either the Jets or the Bills to be in the hunt) 50/50

Wk 17 NYJ - (Again, Jets have a brutal start to their season, where will they be at this point, I'm guessing in the hunt) 60/40 we're at home looking to go to the dance.

I see 10 wins and 1 sure loss, and  5 toss ups.  Even if I take into account that I'm not being as conservative as I should be, I'm not far off.  Even if we lose some of those projected wins, we can make up for it with wins in some of the toss ups.  I still see no reason we can't be a 10 win team at a minimum.  All about momentum, and if we can get some early, which I fully expect, then we as fans are going to enjoy this season.  Regardless, the Bills are not the laughing stock of the league this year.  No team is marking us on their calendar as an automatic W.

Tim- 

27 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Question to this board - is it possible (or advisable) to drink lots of beer AFTER a huge Thanksgiving dinner while watching the Bills? 

Also is any one going to watch the game WHILE eating dinner.  And with the NFL's short halftime breaks would it be possible to finish the feast up during halftime? 

I'm strongly confident wherever I spend thanksgiving, will have dinner early. Its not like my family or In-laws will be oblivious to the Bills being on TV, and I won't be the only one who wants to watch it. Also, I usually drink lots of beer after a huge thanksgiving dinner, not sure why the bills being on TV will make a difference!

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty decent this year. Finally glad for a block of early-ish home games and not 3 home games in December (again). SOS is not predictive year-to-year so not going to speculate on wins/losses, I just hope they get off to a good start because they have to open away/away.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 1 at NYJ

I see this as two up-and-coming teams with young franchise QBs, ready to take the next step forward. 

I'm curious to see what happens in the draft, and how Josh Allen/Sam Darnold progress during training camp and preseason.

It's a real toss-up.  But right now, I prefer our overall roster and the fact we have an established coaching staff.

1-0

Wk 2 at NYG

It's strange to play two back-to-back road games in the same stadium.  And in both cases, we are a couple hours from Buffalo.

In my opinion, the Giants have one of the worst teams in the NFL.  And that was before losing their star WR.

Failing to draft Eli Manning's replacement would be a huge mistake for the second year in a row.

2-0

Wk 3 Cincy home opener

Despite the strong start last year, I don't think the Bengals are very good.  It's really time for them to rebuild and start over.

It will be interesting to see if they draft Andy Dalton's replacement next week, or if they are content with another mediocre season.

Either way, we win the home opener.

3-0

Wk 4 NE

One of these days, the tide will turn against the Patriots.  Hopefully it happens this season.

New England also has a history of starting slow in the first month of the season.

But until their collapse actually happens before my eyes, I just can't pick us to win.

3-1

Wk 5 at TEN

The Titans are a solid team, which has finished 9-7 three years in a row.

Before the season is over, I also think Marcus Mariota will prove to be a failed pick.

In a really close matchup, I'm picking the home team.

3-2

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami

The Dolphins are not tanking.  But they also aren't very good.

Maybe we get Fitzpatrick.  But it's highly possible they are starting a rookie QB by this point of the season.

We win this one in a blowout.

4-2

Wk 8 Philly

Philadelphia isn't the powerhouse that some people think they are. 

We are going to be heavy underdogs, but I still like our chances to pull out an upset here. 

I'll say Eagles in a close one.

4-3

Wk 9 WSH

The Redskins are another team who could be starting a rookie QB.

Their overall roster is below average.

I see this one as a potential blowout for us at home.

5-3

Wk 10 at CLE

I think it's crazy how the Browns became media darlings, almost overnight.  The idea they are suddenly an AFC favorite is a joke.

With that said, Baker Mayfield does look to be a good one.

This will be a very close matchup (similar to the Jets), so I'm giving it to the home team.

5-4

Wk 11 at MIA

Our second matchup against what is possibly the NFL's worst team.

6-4

Wk 12 DEN

Strong defense.  Terrible offense.  Another team with a possible rookie QB under center.

I think we win this one at home.

7-4

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

We don't do well on a national stage.  And this may be our toughest road matchup.

7-5

Wk 14 BAL

I don't think Lamar Jackson develops into what the Ravens are hoping this year.

8-5

Wk 15 at PIT

A road game against Pittsburgh used to be an automatic loss.

But now I see a team with an aging QB, a depleted roster and an absolute mess in the locker room. 

My bold prediction is the Steelers are drafting Top 5 next season.

9-5

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

Will this game be for the AFC East title?  It's possible.

9-6

Wk 17 NYJ

I think we wrap up a playoff spot by beating the Jets at home.

10-6

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Wk 11 at MIA - (I think they'll be improved, but I also think the Bills at this point have some momentum, possible trap game) 60/40 for the Win

I'd increase the likelihood of the win here. By week 11 the Fitzmagic show is generally over 

• Like (+1) 2