The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

28 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Release the Mueller report to Congress.

What are they afraid of?

They're afraid of the law that requires them to redact grand jury testimony.  

Are we going to start suggesting, after two years of "Trump's not following the law!" hysteria, that Trump should now ignore the law?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

What are they afraid of?

The left is posturing for purely political reasons. They know damn well that they can't legally receive the unredacted 400 page Mueller report plus the millions of pages of sources including grand jury testimony. They are asking anyway for the sole purpose of being able to claim that they didn't receive everything that they asked for and claim that the Right is hiding something. I have a sneaky decision that you already knew that though, troll.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They're afraid of the law that requires them to redact grand jury testimony.  

Are we going to start suggesting, after two years of "Trump's not following the law!" hysteria, that Trump should now ignore the law?

we waited over two years for this total 100% bull#### to come to an end, we can wait a few days for them to redact correclty

58 minutes ago, row_33 said:

we waited over two years for this total 100% bull#### to come to an end, we can wait a few days for them to redact correclty

The Left want it now, unredacted. They also want all of the sources. They are afraid that their little apple will lose its shine if they have to wait two weeks. They've lost the narrative and want to get it back by mischaracterizing whatever information is provided them.

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Left want it now, unredacted. They also want all of the sources. They are afraid that their little apple will lose its shine if they have to wait two weeks. They've lost the narrative and want to get it back by mischaracterizing whatever information is provided them.

i guess these are the political equivalent of those sports fans who have determined the ref is going to destroy their team with every call for tomorrow's game and can't watch a game without whining the whole time.

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

What are they afraid of?

Nothing at all, as has already been pointed out to you.

What I’ll add are the following:

1) Barr’s summary unambiguously quoted Mueller’s report directly, stating zero evidence of collusion, and no finding on obstruction (I would offer that making a case for obstruction in an investigation into collusion which was determined didn’t happen would be an empty charge.  What crime would he have obstructed an investigation into if it was determined no crime was committed?)

2) The President has already stated his desire to see the report released, and has directed his DOJ to do exactly that.  Which they are in the process of doing in accordance with the law.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i guess these are the political equivalent of those sports fans who have determined the ref is going to destroy their team with every call for tomorrow's game and can't watch a game without whining the whole time.

Bills fans be Bills fans. 

Hand it over!

The House Judiciary Committee will authorize subpoenas this week for the full Mueller report, Politico reports. Rep. Jerry Nadler, the committee chairman, said he plans to obtain the nearly 400-page report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller and its underlying evidence via subpoenas that will be authorized Wednesday morning. The move comes despite a promise from Attorney General William Barr that he plans to release the document by mid-April—Nadler said he’s “disturbed” by Barr’s reluctance to share the full report right now. Barr is reviewing the document to remove classified information and material relevant to ongoing investigations. The committee will reportedly also authorize subpoenas for documents from former Trump Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, former senior adviser Steven Bannon, former communications director Hope Hicks, and former White House counsel Don McGahn, and McGahn’s former deputy Ann Donaldson.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-report-house-judiciary-to-authorize-subpoenas-for-full-report?ref=home

So HAHA Gator starts a thread today about WH security clearances that were initially turned down by a bureaucrat and overruled by the administration. The little pissant thinks that it's the end of the world that some classified material may make it to our adversaries. Fine, that's a position that can be debated and defended.

Now, in this thread he's demanding that a 400 page report is handed over to Congress that has classified information in it. All on the same day. What a dipshit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Hand it over!

The House Judiciary Committee will authorize subpoenas this week for the full Mueller report, Politico reports. Rep. Jerry Nadler, the committee chairman, said he plans to obtain the nearly 400-page report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller and its underlying evidence via subpoenas that will be authorized Wednesday morning. The move comes despite a promise from Attorney General William Barr that he plans to release the document by mid-April—Nadler said he’s “disturbed” by Barr’s reluctance to share the full report right now. Barr is reviewing the document to remove classified information and material relevant to ongoing investigations. The committee will reportedly also authorize subpoenas for documents from former Trump Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, former senior adviser Steven Bannon, former communications director Hope Hicks, and former White House counsel Don McGahn, and McGahn’s former deputy Ann Donaldson.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-report-house-judiciary-to-authorize-subpoenas-for-full-report?ref=home

What oversight function do these alleged subpoenas support?

The House doesn't investigate matters reserved for the Executive branch.

• Like (+1) 3

I hope all these idiot demands for a release of the entire report realize a couple things.

•    It's illegal to make public Grand Jury testimony
  •    Trump could, LEGALLY declare executive privilege and not give you anything
  •    People have had enough

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, snafu said:

Do you know if Barr has a legal obligation to turn over the unredacted report to Nadler and co? 

42 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Do you know if Barr has a legal obligation to turn over the unredacted report to Nadler and co? 

More like he’s got a legal obligation to redact information.  I believe he’d need to get a court order from each judge presiding over the (I assume several) grand juries that are sitting or have sat in related matters.  Otherwise, releasing affected information is a felony. I’d need to look at the Special Counsel law to see if there’s some sort of other exception — but I don’t think one exists.

Plus,  from what I understand (and I think Barr might have mentioned in his letter) there's a  long standing Justice Department policy which holds that information about someone who hasn't committed a crime be withheld so that they're not smeared. The letter says Mueller interviewed 500 witnesses.  The vast majority of these people aren’t in legal jeopardy, so their names should be scrubbed.

Barr cites the restrictions in his letter.  The SC Statute makes the Mueller report “confidential”, and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 6(e) addresses grand jury info. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5779699-Letter-to-Congress-detailing-Robert-Mueller-s.html

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, snafu said:

What matter is reserved for the executive branch here? You are arguing a criminal investigation is no business of the House of Representatives? 

You seriously think this report should just be buried? 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What matter is reserved for the executive branch here? You are arguing a criminal investigation is no business of the House of Representatives? 

You seriously think this report should just be buried? 

You didn’t answer my question.  That’s okay, I wasn’t really expecting an answer from you.

Follow along.  The part of your post that I bolded and was asking about had nothing to do with releasing the report.  My question was about the House’s attempt to continue an investigation that they have no authority to act upon because, yes in this case, the House of Representatives has no business continuing an investigation into the facts of the matter.  They can investigate whether Mueller acted improperly with regard to the handling of the investigation, or Barr for that matter in reporting the results.

I never expressed an opinion on whether the report should be buried.  I haven’t heard ONE person who has said that the report should not be released, yet you keep trying to attack anyone with that repetitive question.  Stop it.  It is stupid. 

There is a DC Circuit order upholding Mueller’s appointment as an inferior officer of an executive branch agency (the Justice Department). Congress has oversight of actions taken by Justice Department personnel.  As I said above, they can refer criminal activity back to the Justice Department for further investigation and action.  By issuing subpoenas that obviously attempt to extend the Mueller investigation, the House is acting inappropriately.  If they persist, they will regret it because public opinion will eventually sway toward Trump’s position that this is harassment and a witch hunt.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, snafu said:

You didn’t answer my question.  That’s okay, I wasn’t really expecting an answer from you.

Follow along.  The part of your post that I bolded and was asking about had nothing to do with releasing the report.  My question was about the House’s attempt to continue an investigation that they have no authority to act upon because, yes in this case, the House of Representatives has no business continuing an investigation into the facts of the matter.  They can investigate whether Mueller acted improperly with regard to the handling of the investigation, or Barr for that matter in reporting the results.

I never expressed an opinion on whether the report should be buried.  I haven’t heard ONE person who has said that the report should not be released, yet you keep trying to attack anyone with that repetitive question.  Stop it.  It is stupid. 

There is a DC Circuit order upholding Mueller’s appointment as an inferior officer of an executive branch agency (the Justice Department). Congress has oversight of actions taken by Justice Department personnel.  As I said above, they can refer criminal activity back to the Justice Department for further investigation and action.  By issuing subpoenas that obviously attempt to extend the Mueller investigation, the House is acting inappropriately.  If they persist, they will regret it because public opinion will eventually sway toward Trump’s position that this is harassment and a witch hunt.  

If they have reason to believe wrong doing took place (obstruction of justice for instance, which Trump was not specifically exonerated from) they can investigate it. 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If they have reason to believe wrong doing took place (obstruction of justice for instance, which Trump was not specifically exonerated from) they can investigate it. 

Wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well this one fits a bit better.  

Propaganda ministers
Propaganda ministers
I've a-got a heavy due
I'm gonna walk all over you
'Cause

Madness, madness, they call it madness

under the Dems we'll be ***** living in our ***** house in the ***** middle of our ***** street

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just show the report

It's illegal to show the report until they redact information related to the grand jury deliberations.  

Now ask yourself, why do Democrats want Barr to break that law?  (Answer: They don't.  They want to leverage the delay and the public's ignorance of the law to score points with the electorate.)

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's illegal to show the report until they redact information related to the grand jury deliberations.  

Now ask yourself, why do Democrats want Barr to break that law?  (Answer: They don't.  They want to leverage the delay and the public's ignorance of the law to score points with the electorate.)

Their dumb card trick has failed five times but they insist it will work this time

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah.  The report's almost 400 pages with tables and appendices so it will take a little bit of time.  I see this as just pressure to speed it up.

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  The report's almost 400 pages with tables and appendices so it will take a little bit of time.  I see this as just pressure to speed it up.

They have six more years to milk this bogus accusation

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I see this as just pressure to speed it up.

It's disingenuous partisan noise designed to distract idiots and set up the "coverup" narrative that they've already been crafting.

Personally, I think Barr should release a statement saying something to the effect of, "While i respect Chairman Nadler's position, any subpoenas that he issues for the full report will be ignored. Neither the Justice Department, nor the Attorney General's Office are going to follow any directives by Chairman Nadler, or his committee, that require us to commit crimes."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's disingenuous partisan noise designed to distract idiots and set up the "coverup" narrative that they've already been crafting.

Personally, I think Barr should release a statement saying something to the effect of, "While i respect Chairman Nadler's position, any subpoenas that he issues for the full report will be ignored. Neither the Justice Department, nor the Attorney General's Office are going to follow any directives by Chairman Nadler, or his committee, that require us to commit crimes."

I wouldn't trust Trump to pass the collection plate at church without taking money from it.  Barr, however, will follow the law to a tee.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

and twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of 
each one explainin' what each one was, to be used as evidence against us ...

• Haha (+1) 3