The Mueller Report. BREAKING NEWS: AG’s Summary Report Released. NO COLLUSION!

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

How about rather than that, we let Huber & the others do their job and see how it all plays out?  A lot of what was done to set up then candidate Trump (& candidate Sanders & others) was already illegal.  Let the process work.

And while that's going on, figure out what adjustments need to be made to the laws (if any).

Huber has already been working on this for over 1 year.  Don't start skirting the law right when things are starting to look up.  Would make the good guys just as bad as the bad guys.

I'm willing to. But I'll tell you what: if people skate through this process, it's going to be a REAL disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because they're dictatorships? You know, you speak awfully highly of the rule of law. And you might be surprised to know that in theory, I agree with you. In a perfect world, where the playing field is actually level, the rule of law is a wonderful thing. I just think you're fooling yourself if you think there aren't hideous double-standards in our current system that render a complete tear-down necessary.

Joe, there are some things here in America, within our government, which are simply "not done"; and the truth is that these things are "not done" because they are "not done", and this circular logic acts as a real protection.

This loop was broken by bad actors, and currently the protection against the powerful abusing the rights of the citizens is null.

We are on a precipice. 

If the current administration moves forward, and takes advantage of the same abuses which until recently "simply are not done", then those abuses will be permanently normalized, and our republic is done.

However, if our President rejects those abuses as legitimate tools of governance, and instead works to prosecute those responsible through our system of law, holding them accountable to the fullest extent the law permits, then we have a real chance to return to Constitutional norms.

I find the later preferable.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Joe, there are some things here in America, within our government, which are simply "not done"; and the truth is that these things are "not done" because they are "not done", and this circular logic acts as a real protection.

This loop was broken by bad actors, and currently the protection against the powerful abusing the rights of the citizens is null.

We are on a precipice. 

If the current administration moves forward, and takes advantage of the same abuses which until recently "simply are not done", then those abuses will be permanently normalized, and our republic is done.

However, if our President rejects those abuses as legitimate tools of governance, and instead works to prosecute those responsible through our system of law, holding them accountable to the fullest extent the law permits, then we have a real chance to return to Constitutional norms.

I think the difference between your world-view and mine is that I think that we're already over the precipice. I think that's why we have such a difficult time coming to agreement.

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm willing to. But I'll tell you what: if people skate through this process, it's going to be a REAL disappointment.

It would be.  But it is too early to assume they will.  We haven't even seen the sealed indictments yet, nor have the FULL weight of what can legally (and ethically) be brought against these people been used.

Until we know they'll all walk, I won't assume they all will.

And if somehow they do, then our laws will need more revisions than I expect.  Because what they did regarding the FISAs was/is already illegal.

Edited by Taro T

45 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

We are on a precipice. 

Would be fun to see the IRS audit Clinton/Pelosi/Obama  :flirt:

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Would be fun to see the IRS audit Clinton/Pelosi/Obama  :flirt:

Sure would. I'm talking FINE toothed comb. All accounts, everywhere. Keep digging through the trusts/foundations/shell corporations. Find it ALL, bring it into the light, and throw them in prison.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Sure would. I'm talking FINE toothed comb. All accounts, everywhere. Keep digging through the trusts/foundations/shell corporations. Find it ALL, bring it into the light, and throw them in prison.

That will take too much time and the media will trash the effort as political revenge.  As for Hillary, Trump admin should simply expose in a detailed report how the Obama FBI and DOJ let her off the hook on the email server thing.  Then Trump should offer to pardon her.

As for DOJ/FBI handling of Trump campaign surveillance and attempted coup, go after that with prosecutions and more firings. 

Just now, DC Tom said:

I refuse to accept, then, now, or later, for anyone, that tweeting is an "obstructive action."

Right? That's the only "evidence" Mueller provided it seems of collusion - which makes Barr/RR's decision easier to understand. 

You can't obstruct an investigation into a crime you KNOW you did not commit with a tweet. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

That will take too much time and the media will trash the effort as political revenge.  As for Hillary, Trump admin should simply expose in a detailed report how the Obama FBI and DOJ let her off the hook on the email server thing.  Then Trump should offer to pardon her.

As for DOJ/FBI handling of Trump campaign surveillance and attempted coup, go after that with prosecutions and more firings. 

1) the media can twist. I have less than zero care about them, their opinions and their future. They're almost uniformly bad actors.

2) A pardon? Why on Earth would he do that?

3) well, that we can agree upon, at least.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Right? That's the only "evidence" Mueller provided it seems of collusion - which makes Barr/RR's decision easier to understand. 

You can't obstruct an investigation into a crime you KNOW you did not commit with a tweet. 

No, you can still obstruct an investigation in to something you didn't do.

I just refuse to accept that any adult investigator is going to be derailed by 240 characters.  It's an obscenely stupid idea that makes Mueller out to be a juvenile incapable of independent thought or action.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, you can still obstruct an investigation in to something you didn't do.

I just refuse to accept that any adult investigator is going to be derailed by 240 characters.  It's an obscenely stupid idea that makes Mueller out to be a juvenile incapable of independent thought or action.

I agree with the first sentence. But saying your innocent on a public platform (let alone Twitter) of something you didn't do cannot be obstruction. But I hope the partisans who want to keep this disinformation campaign alive dig down on that and try to defend it. 

Just for the laughs. :lol: 

Now that the Mueller kerfuffle is in the rear view mirror, former DNC Chairman Ed Rendell proposes a radical course of action for the Democrats.  Speaking with a FOX news channel reporter, Rendell said:  “We have to get back to doing the business of the people,” Rendell said. “And that’s legislating on infrastructure, immigration, fixing the Affordable Care Act, things like that. That will be the key to whether we will be successful in 2020.”

Imagine that, a Democrat proposing something other than obstruction of the efforts of the current administration.  Probably a statement taken out of context that he'll walk back in the very near future.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But if he knows it won't bother him, that means he's seen it already, even though the AG hasn't shared it with him.  Which means...he was involved with the creation of it.  Which is evidence of obstruction!  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

(The Ginsburg clone conspiracy was still miles better.)

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But if he knows it won't bother him, that means he's seen it already, even though the AG hasn't shared it with him.  Which means...he was involved with the creation of it.  Which is evidence of obstruction!  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

(The Ginsburg clone conspiracy was still miles better.)

It's what he should have said for the last two years. Something like: "Go ahead, investigate all you want, I'm not worried, I didn't do anything wrong".

6 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You know what was awesome about Barack Obama? He gave Donald Trump JUST the tool to destroy the people who tried to remove him from office: The IRS.

I suggest he use it.

What Obama did to his enemies via the IRS remains one of the most vile things he did as president. Trump doing something like that would be equally, if not more vile. And he would be destroyed because the media won't ignore Trump like they ignored Obama.

I understand where you're coming from, but this would be one of the worst ways to address it.

The higher ground isn't always the fastest way, but it is most certainly the best way.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Her sour puss right there sums it up well.

No matter what these jackasses say, it's just a

bad time for the Trump despising lame stream media mouthpieces.

The party is...over.

• Like (+1) 2

President Donald J. Trump will nominate Maryland U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein to be deputy attorney general, the White House said Tuesday.

Rosenstein, appointed as the state’s top federal prosecutor by Republican President George W. Bush in 2005, is the longest-serving U.S. attorney in the country. He has earned praise from both sides of the aisle in the role, despite working in a heavily Democratic state.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-trump-to-nominate-rod-rosenstein-deputy-attorney-general-20170131-story.html

I was out most of this weekend, but from what I have gathered, the Mueller Report says 'no collusion,' Barr's letter said 'no collusion,' but everyone on the left and in the media is saying "Yeah, but there COULD have been collusion, and that's the only thing that matters!"

Did I miss anything, or is that it in a nutshell?

Just now, LABillzFan said:

I was out most of this weekend, but from what I have gathered, the Mueller Report says 'no collusion,' Barr's letter said 'no collusion,' but everyone on the left and in the media is saying "Yeah, but there COULD have been collusion, and that's the only thing that matters!"

Did I miss anything, or is that it in a nutshell?

Only thing you're missing is the shift to obstruction. The report says Mueller didn't offer an opinion and left it to the AG. Barr (in the letter) said it wasn't obstruction closing the case. But the coup plotters and media lackeys have taken that to mean Barr made that decision against Mueller's will, and it's a cover-up. 

a650adb007e3f61c435cecb0dde0a7e8a17cf788ded06e78fb3bdc9cb9f8bd0c.jpg

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Only thing you're missing is the shift to obstruction. The report says Mueller didn't offer an opinion and left it to the AG. Barr (in the letter) said it wasn't obstruction closing the case. But the coup plotters and media lackeys have taken that to mean Barr made that decision against Mueller's will, and it's a cover-up. 

Oh, a cover up? Of course.

The left couldn't be more embarrassing if they were Canadian.

No. Wait. Check that.

• Haha (+1) 2

Trump should resign! 

Fair is fair 

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said Monday he had told Sen. John McCain to give the FBI the dossier on the Trump campaign’s alleged ties to Russia, a revelation that comes after Trump repeatedly assailed the late Arizona Republican over the issue.

Last week, Trump accused McCain of handing over the document “for very evil purposes.” McCain died of brain cancer in August.

Graham, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, tol The d reporters Monday McCain showed him the dossier when he received it in late 2016.

“And I told him the only thing I knew to do with it, it could be a bunch of garbage, it could be true, who knows? Turn it over to somebody whose job it is to find these things out, and John McCain acted appropriately,” Graham said, according to CNN.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sen-lindsey-graham-says-he-told-john-mccain-to-give-trump-russia-dossier-to-fbi/2019/03/25/f35e28ca-4f26-11e9-a3f7-78b7525a8d5f_story.html?utm_term=.b140fdd7ae29

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...He should resign for being right about the dossier, and No-Name? 

Nah. He's going to stay right where he is for another 6 years. :beer: 

I don't know about that. He was never conclusively proven innocent beyond all possible doubt by Mueller, therefore, under the laws of PoundMeToo, Trump's still incredibly guilty.

• Haha (+1) 1