BillyWhiteShows

Ron Darby Man Without A Team (edit: re-upped with Philly)

It looks like our former CB Ron Darby has not been signed yet.  Profootballtalk ranked him the top free agent still available unsigned along with Suh.

I don’t think Darby is as good as some Bills fans want to give him credit for, but he’s definitely good enough to start and you would think his demand would be higher.  I’m wondering if teams are low-balling him and he’s holding out for a bigger deal but it seems like the longer you’re available the lower the deal becomes.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/ndamukong-suh-ronald-darby-are-top-remaining-nfl-free-agents

So sad. So sad. I think I need another drink.

• Haha (+1) 3

Considering his injury, I'm not surprised teams are taking their time with Darby. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought he was visiting Chiefs today. He will sign somewhere soon I’m sure. It’s still pretty early. 

• Like (+1) 2

He will latch on somewhere during the 2nd wave or before TC. He's a decent player, but needs to be in the right system. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with the chargers and Anthony lynn

The dollars go down as each hour passes. He can play though, no doubt. I wonder if he really is scheme-specific (?) There must be something to that. 

Coming off injury, he's probably getting a bunch of one year deals and is doing his due diligence to see who would give him the most guarantees.

Problem with Darby is he is one dimensional. 

Thats why we traded him. He didn’t fit. Plus he’s  not very good. 

59 minutes ago, Chill said:

He's not one dimensional.  Schwartz plays both zone and man to man.  

He is a very good corner.  I was on board with trading him because I thought his play declined significantly after his rookie year.  Turns out it was probably mostly Rex Ryan's fault.  

Bills could have had Gilmore, Darby and some guy named Mahommes...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chill said:

No he’s not.  That’s a message board myth

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He is a very good corner.  I was on board with trading him because I thought his play declined significantly after his rookie year.  Turns out it was probably mostly Rex Ryan's fault.  

He was traded (in the middle of his rookie contract) because he couldn’t play zone. It wasn’t Rex’ fault. It was Darby’s, he is not good. Our staff thought EJ was better, plus we wasted that trade on Matthews. 

We were desperate to unload him, which indicates how bad he really is was. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I don’t think he’s very good.  He didn’t get an offer from the Eagles and is in that second tier of free agents.  Is he a starter?  Absolutely I would say he’s in the top 64 at the position, but some of the criticisms on Darby are legit  

• Skeptical 2

13 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I don’t think he’s very good.  He didn’t get an offer from the Eagles and is in that second tier of free agents.  Is he a starter?  Absolutely I would say he’s in the top 64 at the position, but some of the criticisms on Darby are legit  

well to be fair the eagles have barely any cap space..and they have wentz huge contract coming up

I misread the title thinking Ron Brooks. He's starting for the San Diego Fleets.

• Like (+1) 1

Good for The Lookout, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  Too bad Rapeis is still collecting a check.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

So sad. So sad. I think I need another drink.

I was looking for a reason to make another one.

This’ll do..

Cheers!🥃

2 hours ago, Chill said:

The dude’s gotta ring. Of the Haves/Have Not’s, he’s a Have.

8 hours ago, Chill said:

He was traded (in the middle of his rookie contract) because he couldn’t play zone. It wasn’t Rex’ fault. It was Darby’s, he is not good. Our staff thought EJ was better, plus we wasted that trade on Matthews. 

We were desperate to unload him, which indicates how bad he really is was. 

They  got Harrison Phillips out of that trade. It was all about the draft pick. Matthews was a throw in.

8 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

He said that he does have an offer from the Eagles, but i expect he’s trying to see if he can get more $ before re-signing 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

My recollection was that Darby got traded because he couldn't keep his mouth shut in the locker room, and the new regime didn't want that kind of crap.  He's a good CB but coming off injury iso teams are cautious.

He also has McKelvin-esque ball skills.  Better athlete than football player

Darby will be a starter somewhere. Someone will get a pretty good value in him.

I have not followed this player since he left the Bills, what injury is he recovering from?