Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

eh...it's never good to have a player of that caliber in your division.  both the jets and the bills needed to help their young qbs in any way they could.  it just depends which one takes that next step in year two.  

11 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

We only paid 8 million less for a center

Yes, because good Centers are hard to come by. Good RB's are not. Simple supply and demand. 

If you're looking at that deal thinking the Jets got a better deal than we did with Morse, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, White Linen said:

For some reason Bell doesn't scare me.  I know he's excellent but sometimes a RB who's not a north and south guy - is very dependent on blocking scheme.  I think Pittsburgh is one of the more underrated organizations that just figures out a way to scheme around what their players do best.  There's something positive to take from a team in your division devoting significant resources to a position most of the NFL isn't.  

Bell is an *incredible*, Marshall Faulk-level receiver.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He wasted a year and $14M for this?  He chose...poorly.

Honestly, who gives a flying eff about his financial situation? Whatever he did or didn’t do, he is gonna make far more than I’ll ever make and is set for life. All that matters is how he plays for the Jets. All the rest about contracts etc. is just noise.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, teef said:

eh...it's never good to have a player of that caliber in your division.  both the jets and the bills needed to help their young qbs in any way they could.  it just depends which one takes that next step in year two.  

I agree 100%. Never want to see a talent like that added to a rival. That being said I’m fairly confident bell behind the jets line is gonna fairly different than bell behind a top 5 Steelers line. 

The tap dancing in the backfield waiting a full second or 2 for a hole to develop most likely isn’t gonna be afforded to him. 

Bell is a very good RB....he'll take pressure off Darnold....some folks on here...just because he's now a Jet doesn't make him all of a sudden an average back....he's one of the best and only 26 years old....Jets are better than they were before that move...it is what it is.....we are getting better as well...

3 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Bell is a very good RB....he'll take pressure off Darnold....some folks on here...just because he's now a Jet doesn't make him all of a sudden an average back....he's one of the best and only 26 years old....Jets are better than they were before that move...it is what it is.....we are getting better as well...

Have you paid attention to the production of anyone that has ran behind the Steelers line over the last 4-5 years?  I’m not trying to be a jerk I’m just asking. 

An over the hill deangelo Williams was resurrected behind it. A couple years later Conner produced big time. When he goes down a mid round rookie steps in a rushes for 130 in a game last year. 

Bell isn’t gonna be the same back without it. He’s very good. I’m never happen when a talented player is landed by a rival.  But the jets line isn’t in the same stratosphere as the Steelers. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bell is an *incredible*, Marshall Faulk-level receiver.

Correct.  Ben is great and has made many a receiver better.  Just for a moment go and look at all the receivers they've lost that Ben had and what a lot of them, minus maybe Sanders did after they left.  

In the highlights of watching Bell on this endless loop the NFL Network has of him and OBJ - all I can think is, what a ridiculous throw by Ben.  

I'm just saying, I think he'll be less than he would be under the umbrella Pittsburgh provides.  

43 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I agree 100%. Never want to see a talent like that added to a rival. That being said I’m fairly confident bell behind the jets line is gonna fairly different than bell behind a top 5 Steelers line. 

The tap dancing in the backfield waiting a full second or 2 for a hole to develop most likely isn’t gonna be afforded to him. 

this is where i'm at with it too.  he certainly helps darnold, but i'm not terrified of playing him twice a year.  still don't like him on the jets though.  

8 hours ago, sven233 said:

Not worried about him, or any RB, for that matter.  You can find good backs to win with anywhere.

Here is where the rub is - Bell is a difference maker and we now have to face him twice a year- not that we cant game plan for him but he can be a real pain.

8 hours ago, sven233 said:

Was hoping he would end up somewhere else just because of the stupid Jets fans, but it is what it is.  No need to be afraid of the Jets offense.

It's the Bills run D that will be the problem now. 

And got to hand it to Bell for proving what we all knew.  Holding out a year killed his contract value and cost him an extra year of top money.  Such an idiot for turning down a better offer from the Steelers.

No 17 million per year.  And not even Gurley money.  Best he could get was 13 per....and from the Jets.

8 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Max value is $61M ...$35M guaranteed 

That's literally all Bell wanted. This is twice as much as the Steelers guaranteed.

We're ripping him for taking this contract but the Jets got a great deal since the Steelers offer such little guarantees and Bell got a reduced contract with more guaranteed. He said  a million times he wanted more guaranteed money. Steelers policy is to give guarantees only in signing bonus.. like 15M for Bell.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Honestly, who gives a flying eff about his financial situation? Whatever he did or didn’t do, he is gonna make far more than I’ll ever make and is set for life. All that matters is how he plays for the Jets. All the rest about contracts etc. is just noise.

It's more guaranteed, so he lost money but ultimately got what he really wanted.

More importantly, Jets got out of this with a phenomenal contract compared to what was expected.. which ain't good. They got the best FA in the market on a great deal.

At least the Dolphins are tanking. the Jets/Bills rebuild race should be fun. Praying we come out on top down the road.. and the Patriots are old and decrepit. He'll do wonders keeping defenses honest for Darnold as a carrier.. not to mention his ability in the passing game as a safety blanket.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1