Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

It might not mean much but it's a very bad look for Bell.  He's already starting off on the wrong foot with the media and probably the team and most fans.

Then again, did Beasley ever end up showing for the Bills' voluntary camp?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McCagnan hasn't been good at all.... but I can't really get on the guy for shelling out money to a playmaker like Bell when the team has an infinite amount of cap space. He also did what was necessary to secure his franchise QB in Darnold. 

Jets will go where Darnold takes them, which will look good or bad on McCagnan depending on how he does. 

if bell ends up putting somewhere over 1500 all purpose yards they get their moneys worth with bell.  I don't like their o line and they tried to address it with the center but lost out.  I think Taylor should be their pick and a center in the second. Then I will be worried about them. Oh yea they don't have a second. Nice!  

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Man this doesn’t seem like it’s gonna work out for the jets. I wanted the bills to sign him but I’m glad to be wrong. 

So it’s not going to work out because of this? Please explain. 

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McCagnan hasn't been good at all.... but I can't really get on the guy for shelling out money to a playmaker like Bell when the team has an infinite amount of cap space. He also did what was necessary to secure his franchise QB in Darnold. 

Jets will go where Darnold takes them, which will look good or bad on McCagnan depending on how he does. 

He gets another year because of Sam. Dude had 3 players drop in his lap in the draft. He can not evaluate talent at all.

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

It might not mean much but it's a very bad look for Bell.  He's already starting off on the wrong foot with the media and probably the team and most fans.

Then again, did Beasley ever end up showing for the Bills' voluntary camp?

...good question Doc....do not recall seeing anything about him showing......

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good question Doc....do not recall seeing anything about him showing......

The media only had access the first day, so there were no reports on anything OTA related after that. Also, Beasley quit twitter so can’t get that angle. Not sure if he’s on IG but I’ll check. 

Edit: he is on IG but not a lot of posts. Pic of a baby girl 3 days ago.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

So it’s not going to work out because of this? Please explain. 

He gets another year because of Sam. Dude had 3 players drop in his lap in the draft. He can not evaluate talent at all.

if it's starting out bad it's probably not going to finish well.  bell has a ton of talent and you better hope he's gonna show up and give it all he has.  you expect him to be a captain on this team and show up for every event no matter how small.  

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

if it's starting out bad it's probably not going to finish well.  bell has a ton of talent and you better hope he's gonna show up and give it all he has.  you expect him to be a captain on this team and show up for every event no matter how small.  

He has better things to do than be with his team. Priorities! It’s not “required” so what’s the point?

I mean.... oh...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I don’t expect him to be a captain at all, Sam is out leader. I don’t care what he does, just produce. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Excuses for what? Season hasn’t even started, and your basing your argument off of voluntary workouts. But if a Bills player does it then it’s ok. 

I’m not arguing anything. I said it was a bad look. You disagree? That’s fine. Just say you disagree. You are making excuses that he doesn’t need to be a leader, etc. If Bills fans don’t buy that, don’t be surprised. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not arguing anything. I said it was a bad look. You disagree? That’s fine. Just say you disagree. You are making excuses that he doesn’t need to be a leader, etc. If Bills fans don’t buy that, don’t be surprised. 

I said he isn’t the captain

10 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I see what you are saying, shows the type of character he has. For the record, I wasn’t in the group of fans that was in favor of chasing him this off season. We got him and it is what it is, I know he won’t be the same player he was with the Steelers due to the fact that we don’t have an offensive line on their level. I just hope he helps Sams development. 

My take is yours: he is what he is and pretty much everyone should know that at this point. Yet he's also been an extremely good player. I guess my concern would be that his style of waiting and picking out holes demands a pretty competent o-line. I don't know if the Jets have one at the moment. The Steelers do.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Besides, that argument is apples and oranges. He doesn't have a history of just not showing up... 

Meh - I'm not looking at him to be a leader on this team. What I would like to hear is that he is getting together with Allen and company to work on developing some chemistry.