Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

12 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

That's literally all Bell wanted. This is twice as much as the Steelers guaranteed.

We're ripping him for taking this contract but the Jets got a great deal since the Steelers offer such little guarantees and Bell got a reduced contract with more guaranteed. He said  a million times he wanted more guaranteed money. Steelers policy is to give guarantees only in signing bonus.. like 15M for Bell.

It's more guaranteed, so he lost money but ultimately got what he really wanted.

More importantly, Jets got out of this with a phenomenal contract compared to what was expected.. which ain't good. They got the best FA in the market on a great deal.

At least the Dolphins are tanking. the Jets/Bills rebuild race should be fun. Praying we come out on top down the road.. and the Patriots are old and decrepit.

Steelers guaranteed him 33 mill. He just didn’t like that it was all in first 2 years especially if he got injured. But Steelers are known for honoring the contract for injured players, regardless. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/03/13/le-veon-bell-jets-contract-steelers/stories/201903130074

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Bell is an *incredible*, Marshall Faulk-level receiver.

Honestly, who gives a flying eff about his financial situation? Whatever he did or didn’t do, he is gonna make far more than I’ll ever make and is set for life. All that matters is how he plays for the Jets. All the rest about contracts etc. is just noise.

Who cares if he makes more than you ever will?  He was a fool to sit out for a year and lose $14M.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Steelers guaranteed him 33 mill. He just didn’t like that it was all in first 2 years especially if he got injured. But Steelers are known for honoring the contract for injured players, regardless. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/03/13/le-veon-bell-jets-contract-steelers/stories/201903130074

Like I said above...

3 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Yea Reed that was my original point. But screw that, here's a better one lol. It's like Mayfield & Darnold got steak & lobster...& we got really good pizza. 

I was sleepy and half paying attention last night, watching Bell and OBJ news and playing the PS4 :lol:. I don't think Bell is going to help the Jets that much with their OL right now - the Jets almost feel like we used to be. 

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I was sleepy and half paying attention last night, watching Bell and OBJ news and playing the PS4 :lol:. I don't think Bell is going to help the Jets that much with their OL right now - the Jets almost feel like we used to be. 

Yea they really have some work to do on that OL in NY. They don't have a center at this point.

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Lol... yea... I agree. Their O-line is horrendous & I think Darnold & Bell are going to have a harder time producing this year 

Two most devalued positions in the modern day NFL:

LB & RB

Two massive deals handed out by the Jets to...

A LB & RB

Jets got better.  Crowder and Bellamy don't do much for me but Osemele is a nice Guard if he regains 2017 form, Bell could be a huge weapon for Darnold, and Moseley is a top 5 Linebacker.

That being said, they spent a ton of money on two positions that don't move the needle as much as the others, and for their big OL acquisition, they signed a guy to $10 mil per who was good 2 years ago, and plays the most devalued position on the OL.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Guard from the raiders they got is among the better Guards in the league.

Despite Barr going back to Minnesota, Jets have been very active and improved the team a ton. 

how about the bills?

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who cares if he makes more than you ever will?  He was a fool to sit out for a year and lose $14M.

Like I said above...

Why do you care? Seriously. It's not even remotely interesting whether he makes $74 million over the course of his career or $62 million.  I suppose if it makes you feel smarter than Bell, then I guess there is that solace. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bell's stated it was 17 mil guaranteed from 1 year but whatever.. either way, he just didn't want that kind of contract.

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Despite Barr going back to Minnesota, Jets have been very active and improved the team a ton. 

They needed to replace the guard position anyways. They still have holes along that line and protecting Darnold should be priority. It's nice he has weapons but Bell isn't going to fix that OL a whole lot.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Or the Jets big signings have been a guard,

RB, and run stopping LB.  

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Why do you care? Seriously. It's not even remotely interesting whether he makes $74 million over the course of his career or $62 million.  I suppose if it makes you feel smarter than Bell, then I guess there is that solace. 

Why do you think I care if you find it interesting or not?  I do find it interesting that he took a gamble and lost $14M.  And if he were honest with himself, he'd say the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel for Bell. It was always going to be difficult to recoup that 14 million, and I hope his agent was honest about that. I hope that he did this as much out of principle as he did for money. It really isn't right that a premier player in a position that ages out of their prime by around 28 is handcuffed to a rookie contract on top of the possibility of multiple franchise tags almost entirely through their prime, killing chances of ever getting a long term, big $$$ contract. 

The players need to stand up for themselves in the next collective bargaining go-around. 

Edited by Man with No Name
grammar/spelling

53 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Bell's stated it was 17 mil guaranteed from 1 year but whatever.. either way, he just didn't want that kind of contract.

I trust Ed Bouchette to get the details right on anything Steelers related - it would not have been printed in the PPG if not fact checked (I’ve seen it elsewhere too) but there was a lot of spin going around from both sides last summer - and both he and AB didn’t like how the Steelers do contracts