RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

I think something to realize with the Gore Signing is this: 

Supposedly, this past weekend we got spurned by a "star" (read: egotistical baby with an overdone sense of self) who said he didn't want to play here (this has been debated, but the rumor  is there non-the-less and with it comes the bad optic) Today we signed one of the OG stars left in the NFL. One of the truest professionals, a guy who is widely respected in the league and who, even at his age, commands and deserves respect. I think it makes sense really. Not sure if they were thinking that way, but I like it. Plus, someone posted where we can cut Ivory and essentially we get Gore for 400k. 

• Like (+1) 1

The news that the Bills are getting Frank is good.

But lost in that singular transaction is the news that Shady McCoy has been working out with Frank.

Which hopefully means Shady stops lookin' his age..........like Frank........iffin' you know what I mean.

Ponce De Leon gym (J. Harrison, proprietor)

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don’t mind this move at all. Sign Gore cut ivory save $2million. We get a reliable, tough, hard working veteran. 

Basically Beane swapped Ivory out for Gore, at no cost at all, and you have Mensa members on here throwing in the towel on the season. Hah!

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

The news that the Bills are getting Frank is good.

But lost in that singular transaction is the news that Shady McCoy has been working out with Frank.

Which hopefully means Shady stops lookin' his age..........like Frank........iffin' you know what I mean.

Ponce De Leon gym (J. Harrison, proprietor)

I wanna give you props because way back when people here were metaphorically high-fiving each other over Donohoe's brilliance for drafting McGahee, you repeatedly reminded everyone that McGahee only started for the U because the better RB (Gore) was injured.

Gore is currently 521 yards behind Barry Sanders for #3 all time, and I'm betting he gets past him if he stays healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Never mind....break out the sharp objects to get rid of some of these fools on TBD

HE IS STILL PLAYING WELL

ITS A TWO MILLION DOLLAR DEAL

CALM DOWN

I like the move. I'd rather have the rookie rb we draft learn the ropes from Gore that Mccoy. We'll draft another rb next year too. Wonder about Marcus Murphy now. Hope he stays and Ivory goes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap3000000503709/Frank-Gore-s-impeccable-pass-protection

he definitely adds an aspect the team was somewhat missing. He’s a better pass blocking RB than anyone on the roster.  And he’s been around + seen it all. I don’t see where it will hurt Allen to have Gore in the huddle (assuming he makes the team). 

Plus he’s a model veteran (and eventual hall of famer). The guy has a legendary work ethic and is very willing to mentor young players. 

IMO the bills should really draft/sign a young RB this year and take advantage of having 2 future Hall-of-famers in the RB room to mentor them. It’s possible neither are here after this year. May as well take advantage of what they have to offer a young player while you can. 

23 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Can’t y’all see what a brilliant marketing ploy this is? 2019 Bills backfield sponsored by AARP. 

No problem with a one-year deal - these young kids need someone to educate them about the world before computers and cell phones.

31 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

The eagles who barely had any cap space had to restructure and cut a few players. Have already added 2 pieces the Bills could have definitely used DeSean Jackson and Malik Jackson would have both been strong signings. But atleast we got a 36 year old Frank Gore. Who would have been able to sign a month from now. While Tevin Coleman is out there talking to another team about a contract smfh. Just when I started to like McBeane atleast for their effort and willingness to try and make this team better.

This is a great TSW day for me so far.

Love the signing of Frank Gore.

Love the fact that more people are also starting to be willing to take an objective look at McBeane instead of assuming everything is awesome.

These dudes got a lotta' proving to do.

Trust but verify the process!:devil:

• Like (+1) 1