RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

This signing makes no sense to me. I doubt any other team had an interest in him. He's a 35 yr old back who has no burst and has to be sparingly used. He's a high character guy who is well past his prime. The argument that he is an asset in the locker room and in the huddle doesn't address the more important issue of how much can he contribute on the field at this stage of his fading career. My suggestion is instead of signing him as a player just sign him as a coach. Being an upstanding citizen doesn't mean that he is going to be a contributing player. This is such  a perplexing and oddball move that it rises to the level of being silly. 

Is 4.6ypc bad? Do you really think they're signing him to be a bellcow in this offense?

Haha haha 

is this serious?  To review, in a passing league where rbs have little value, in back to back off seasons, we have signed 30+ yo rbs for $3 million plus???  

I respect Gore’s career and this isn’t going to bury you.  But it shows why our offense has sucked under this new regime.  RBs are a dime a dozen.  You always go younger and cheaper, especially with a backup.  This regime’s offensive philosophy is awful.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

Is 4.6ypc bad? Do you really think they're signing him to be a bellcow in this offense?

What happens if McCoy gets hurt? The Rams brought in a veteran back in CJ Anderson. When Gurley was injured Anderson was able to carry the load. I'm not against bringing in a veteran back, in fact I'm for it. But bringing him in when he can only be sparingly used makes no sense to me. 

Even Sal Cappacio can’t even defend this move

1 minute ago, Mopreme said:

Bills officially have the oldest group of runningbacks.  This signing doesn’t make any sense.  Better options out there.  

Thank God it’s only for 1 year, and OBD will be forced to fill their whole RB stable next year when all 3 contracts are up...come to think of it, maybe that’s that plan.?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I can see it now

3rd and 1, Frank Gore gets wrapped up for a 5 yard loss. It's a cold rainy sunday in December and the Bills are playing in front of a half empty stadium bc they are already knocked out of the playoffs. Josh Allen has 60 passing yards bc his WR's don't belong in the NFL. 

just trying to lighten the mood

Edited by XABI64

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

First off, former pro-bowl G who the Raiders had no problem giving away.  

Second... how do you know we wanted Crowder?  I didn’t..  Humphries is a lot better and we’re interested so maybe let this play out?

Third...  Paradis and Bell still haven’t been signed. 

1st, they would have kept him if they could but their up against the cap wall, especially after signing Brown.

2nd, Crowder is one of many WRs in demand. I too  rather have Humphries but chances are he'll be catching passes from Brees. 

3rd, you're right. Fingers crossed for Paradis.

UPDATE: Screw Paradis! We got Morse Baby!!!!

Edited by billsbackto81

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What happens if McCoy gets hurt? The Rams brought in a veteran back in CJ Anderson. When Gurley was injured Anderson was able to carry the load. I'm not against bringing in a veteran back, in fact I'm for it. But bringing him in when he can only be sparingly used makes no sense to me. 

Like Joe B, I don't think this is it for them at the RB position. I assume they're taking a mid-late rounder. To me, this is purely a depth type of move -- someone who can have a role in the offense, and be a leader. Even if McCoy goes down, I don't see Gore being and every-down type back. I think they'd rotate him with someone else. 

Separate note, but somewhat related... but do we have a well-respected leader on this offense besides McCoy? I'm trying to think through it, but he's the only one I can think of. 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

NFL network said this just made our locker room infinitely better.

Clearly worked well for Miami last year.

and no one is doubting Gore is a good guy.  But what other (good) franchise pays a 35 year old rb this kinda money.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Clearly worked well for Miami last year.

and no one is doubting Gore is a good guy.  But what other (good) franchise pays a 35 year old rb this kinda money.  

2 million for a guy who averaged over 4 yards a carry and is a great veteran presence is a great deal

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

Like Joe B, I don't think this is it for them at the RB position. I assume they're taking a mid-late rounder. To me, this is purely a depth type of move -- someone who can have a role in the offense, and be a leader. Even if McCoy goes down, I don't see Gore being and every-down type back. I think they'd rotate him with someone else. 

Separate note, but somewhat related... but do we have a well-respected leader on this offense besides McCoy? I'm trying to think through it, but he's the only one I can think of. 

McCoy is no longer a workhorse back. The notion that we needed a leader in that unit when McCoy is the captain doesn't resonate with me. I would rather get a veteran back who wasn't so old who can take over as the prime back if McCoy gets hurt. Again, I cite the Rams with CJ Anderson who was able to fill in when Gurley was injured. At this late stage of his career Gore doesn't fill that role, at least to me.  

Gore is a veteran leader who has seen it all on an incredibly young offense. This is going to be a true committee this season. Thunder and lightning with gore and shady. 

I get it I get it shady is washed up etc etc.. But I’m sure there’s some speed coming via the draft or maybe Murphy steps up, we will see