RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

2 million for a guy who averaged over 4 yards a carry and is a great veteran presence is a great deal

For a 35 year old rb?  They could get a guy like that in the 7th round like most good teams do.  

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

McCoy is no longer a workhorse back. The notion that we needed a leader in that unit when McCoy is the captain doesn't resonate with me. I would rather get a veteran back who wasn't so old who can take over as the prime back if McCoy gets hurt. Again, I cite the Rams with CJ Anderson who was able to fill in when Gurley was injured. At this late stage of his career Gore doesn't fill that role, at least to me.  

That’s the whole point.  The Rams picked Anderson off the scrap heap.  RBs are a dime a dozen.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For a 35 year old rb?  They could get a guy like that in the 7th round like most good teams do.  

I'm actually curious... could you please name some from the last few years? All I can think of is Phillip Lindsay right now.

Edited by junior12thman92

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s the whole point.  The Rams picked Anderson off the scrap heap.  RBs are a dime a dozen.  

Who is to say they won't?  You really go out of your way to be critical of this regime.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Did Anderson get more than 2 million?

42 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Really not sure why people are upset with this.

Can someone honestly tell me what there is to be upset about here?

It's tradition around here for people to lose their marbles over the backup RB position.

6 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

I'm actually curious... could you please name some from the last few years? All I can think of is Phillip Lindsay right now.

Names....you want names? Come on stop looking for facts when people are busy trying to find the nearest window to jump out of. 

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

It's tradition around here for people to lose their marbles over the backup RB position.

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Names....you want names? Come on stop looking for facts when people are busy trying to find the nearest window to jump out of. 

?

I'm just trying to help people back off the ledge due to us spending 1.06% of our cap on a RB that can still produce at a high level and is a leader in the locker room/on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not going to criticize this any more until I see who we draft at the position. Gore is going to take ivory’s spot and he’s better than him/same price.  If they don’t add a young guy, I’ll complain again. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because even at 60 years old, he managed to get 4.6 ypc, which is kind of better than our 3.3 set. Yes, he didn't have the Bills line in front of him. But no, he didn't exactly have a powerhouse offense around him either. I like it! Cheap, useful, can't complain.

Im actually liking it. Gore can block. Huge upgrade from the Veteran in the room. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Maybe this is off the wall...but is there a chance Shady gets traded?

He won't be traded........his cap number is too high for anyone to take coming off a terrible season.    

But the good news is he and Shady are kind of a package deal it seems...........they been working out together all offseason and hopefully drinking at the same juice stand that helped Frank turn the clock back last year.     I'd take Shady of 3 years ago back.   And it can happen.   Eric Wood looked done under Marrone and then took a trip to Mexico one offseason and came back refreshed.:beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He won't be traded........his cap number is too high for anyone to take coming off a terrible season.    

But the good news is he and Shady are kind of a package deal it seems...........they been working out together all offseason and hopefully drinking at the same juice stand that helped Frank turn the clock back last year.     I'd take Shady of 3 years ago back.   And it can happen.   Eric Wood looked done under Marrone and then took a trip to Mexico one offseason and came back refreshed.:beer:

Is that the Brady Smoothie diet?