RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Shady's contract isn't that bad ….9 Million Cap hit and 6 mil Salary for 1 more year.

Gore and Peterson had MUCH.......and I mean MUCH......better seasons than Shady for near league minimum.

Shady was really bad.......the OL was bad but he's just always nagged with injuries and lost a lot of burst.

That has to end if he wants to carry on and get over 12K yards and get a new deal next offseason.

But like I said it's great news that he's training with Gore.    

Knowing that he's working out with Gore makes me think he's willing to go that extra length like Gore or Lorax or James Harrison and are able to stave off age.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Herschel Walker says he runs a sub 4.5 40 still.

While we're kidding about Herschel or Okoye, I do like these "I'm making a comeback" old guy stories. Jim Brown brought that up well into his 50s. I remember Jim Palmer's ill-fated comeback after about half a dozen years away. Someday some old guy will actually pull it off.  Think, for example, Jake Plummer ... could he have been worse at 42/43 years old than what the Broncos sent out there every Sunday? He's in great shape and a rated handball player. Go for it!

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

What happens if McCoy gets hurt? The Rams brought in a veteran back in CJ Anderson. When Gurley was injured Anderson was able to carry the load. I'm not against bringing in a veteran back, in fact I'm for it. But bringing him in when he can only be sparingly used makes no sense to me. 

!!

THIS is the problem, why this is board is so po'd at this move--that it looks like we are going to basically stay put at running back despite the horrific year McCoy had.  Gore can come in if he gets hurt!! Please, no!  McCoy should be challenged by two young, talented running backs, not a 36 year old has been.

So, to me it is not so much bringing Gore in that is causing so much consternation, but what it may mean for the running back position  next year.  If McCoy sucks still, then Gore takes over??

The Bills desperately need a few young, talented and high motor running backs.

If THIS is truly the plan, as stated in this post, and it seems like it may be, the Bills are blind, and not seeing the extremely clear need--and what a young, talented running back can mean to to this team. 

This  is essential, and not just for the running game to improve but for the passing game as well.

This sucks, is very discouraging---and I really, really hope this poster is wrong, that the Bills cannot be this blind.

Yikes.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, turk99 said:

We will draft a RB as well. Gore might not even make it to training camp.. Y'all need to burn one and relax..Also Gores kid has a Scholarship offer from UB...so there's that.. 

I hope that is the case, but it is the mindset of doing something so off, so regressive, that is worrying so many.

Edited by Mister Defense

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why?

Seriously... why?

Chris Ivory is still under contract, right?

We now have two 30 year old RBs and one 35 year old RB????

What's the thought process here?

I think Ivory gets cut. We have Marcus Murphy and we'll probably draft at least 1 rb. So we'll have 2 young rb's learning from 2 hof rb's. 

42 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Because he's better

I agree he is. Or has been over his long career. I guess my point is, its a wash to me. Save the money by cutting a younger guy, in a contract year.only to spend the saved cash on a 35 year old RB. Just typing 35 gives me chills. I liked Ivory's play last year. Gore is a HOF'er. Hell of a career. But why not spend 2 mil on a young back?

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

For one thing.........Frank won't get tackled by his hair.

You got me there lol

22 minutes ago, skibum said:

He can still play. He won't put up big numbers on the season, but he will be a cult hero by year's end. He's the kind of player/story Bills fans can't get enough of. Like a rich man's Fred Jackson. 

Well if she's sitting near our group I hope Frank's mother-in-law isn't as handsy.    Johnny O is tryna' watch the game and that blanket is just to keep his lap warm.