REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Until we have a respected WINNING team the Bills will have these players that do not want to play for a perennial losing team. 

That is just the nature of the game. 

Like Field of Dreams “If you build it they will come” 

now with that said seems like They are committed to building a winning offense. 

That and this move that the Bills wanted to make has to make people rethink what a Beane, McD guy consists of. 

This is why you build your team through the draft. It shows that the Bills are looking for an explosive WR for Allen. I say they do their due diligence on Metcalf and if impressed take him at 9

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You're right it is entertainment. Maybe I'm different in how I react. If the Bills have a tough last second loss or blow a game, I'll turn off football, buffalo radio or whatever and move onto something else. So in my response I look at it as being optimistic. In regards to free agency, this is like a bad loss. I don't wanna hear anything about football. I'll probably check out for a bit after today. If I liked a show, but don't like it, I'll stop watching it. The beauty about sports is you'll always come back.

And that is certainly your right to do. It doesn't make you a better or a worse fan for it. It's how you cope/view things. We're all different but we're all (hopefully) pulling for this franchise to turn things around. This is undoubtedly a fan base of masochists.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

How do all the homers feel about Beane now that he was about to trade for Brown who they consider a cancer? I'm seeing a lot of cognitive dissonance where people are bashing Brown but ignoring the fact that Beane traded for him only to have Brown nix the deal.

I am super pissed.  It was my first thought.  All that "process" stuff is just BS to me now. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Bingo

I 100% believe the narrative Brown wants a new contract on the team he picks.  He's going to force the Steelers to release him.  The Titans / Redskins smelled it out and pulled out before they let it get reported to the point of essentially Brown nixing an agreed upon trade.  We got used by Rosenhaus / AB and now end up the butt of jokes throughout the entire league because of it, likely through no fault of our own.

This butt of jokes stuff is crap.  Are fans around here really so insecure?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Like I said earlier.

I'm happy Beane did his due-diligence and explored what it would take to add Brown.

I'm not happy that Beane was willing to offer more than 30 other GMs.

What was the offer? I haven't seen that anywhere just curious. I'm probably good with whatever it is short of pick 9.

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Like I said earlier.

I'm happy Beane did his due-diligence and explored what it would take to add Brown.

I'm not happy that Beane was willing to offer more than 30 other GMs.

2nd best trade package your preference?  9th?  23rd?

Just now, One Buffalo said:

With the way the Steelers played Le'veon's situation, I could see them just keeping him on sidelines and not releasing him... crazy drama, will be interesting to see how it all lands.  

They are a proud organization, I could see them letting him retire and stop playing by his rules. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This guy is a trip.  Doesnt want to play with a Hall of Fame quarterback and catch 100 passes a year.   Wants to choose where he plays despite signing a long term deal with Pittsburgh.  Wants guaranteed money.   Wont play in Buffalo for any amount of money.  Seems to me he doesnt want to play football as bad as he says he does. 

OK. AB didn't want to come here. It wasn't about the money. Got it. And that's his prerogative.

So why did Rappaport report the story when he did, the way he did? He claims to have had "multiple sources" indicating it was basically a "done deal". Did no one think to check with AB first? Rappaport's credibility here should take a real hit over this. Very lazy reporting it would seem...

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I am super pissed.  It was my first thought.  All that "process" stuff is just BS to me now. 

it always has been....just a stupid slogan that means nothing.....winning should be the most important thing